test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What should the next Adventure Planet be?

lillithiaelillithiae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I can say without a doubt that New Romulus feels more like exploration than anything I've played in this game so far, and I cant wait for the next adventure planet. What would you like it to be?
Post edited by lillithiae on

Comments

• zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    something... that looks modern... high techy...

not rusty

nothing with Trees (no matter what color!)

something that makes Facility 4028 look like an old run down prison instead of the most modern place in the entire game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    a large city (something like Nar shadda from SWTOR)

or...

something underwater with sharks :O
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thay8472 wrote: »
    something underwater with sharks :O

I'm thinking Xindi Aquatics.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    FERENGINAR!

*Personal desire, not a hint or promise or a corn dog.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ferenginar would actually be interesting, provided it comes with more stuff to do with latinum besides waste it on holo emitters.

I'm picturing some kind of stock market like investment minigame, a latinum store with various consumables and permanent costume items that also pay you latinum for items you sell to them, and the ability to hire Ferengi privateers for "treasure hunt" missions that work similar to doff assignments, the more you pay the better the quality of the privateers and the better their success chances.
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Trill, please. :)
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think Ferenginar would work nicely with a rep system and with repurposing latinum.

My honest preference would be 1969 Earth, tying in with the moon landing but also with preventing time travelers from ending the space program (ie. cancelling Star Trek). What better year for the fate of Star Trek to hang in the balance than the year TOS was cancelled?

You can riff on the Mad Men vibe while it's still somewhat popular. If you think about it, there are dozens of characters from Trek active in that era, particularly when you consider that anyone who showed up in the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s in Trek could be active in that era. So you could have a bookstore selling Bennie Russell books, a U.S. Government where the Air Force knows a little about Ferengi, Gary Seven running around, Dixon Hill novels in print or maybe a Dixon Hill film at the movie theater, the very beginning of Chronowerx Industries. There are a zillion logos from the IP that could be in use and it would be wild to have Thomas "Mad Men" them up. Maybe an ancestor of Buck Bokai or Zefram Cochrane or that guy who flirted with Jadzia.

It's also a wild enough time that aliens could pass for mods or hippies.

And here's the big one: Redjac was hosted by a Soviet at that point. So you could totally get away with making him a Bond villain and with no likeness issues to worry about.

Also, it could crack me up to have "dollar bills" as a reputation currency akin to "Romulan marks." So you'd make it this whole "Go out and collect the weird green paper that the natives seem to value to advance." Y'Know, sell some antique eyeglasses, steal some clothes, maybe knock over a crooked mob run business and loot the register.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    FERENGINAR!

Will we be able to visit the Cryptic office there? :P

Okay, jokes apart, why Ferenginar? I don't think Ferengis are the most popular Star Trek characters, just because it involves money, and money is a hot topic.

I'd vote for Breen. Why not?
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    disney land :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Will we be able to visit the Cryptic office there? :P

Okay, jokes apart, why Ferenginar? I don't think Ferengis are the most popular Star Trek characters, just because it involves money, and money is a hot topic.

I'd vote for Breen. Why not?

I believe he's thinking about all those "properly attiterd" Ferengi women.:P
  • heathenstormheathenstorm Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Farius Prime

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Farius_Prime
    • Neutral planet with links to organised crime, which would contrast with the rebuilding efforts on New Romulus.
    • Built up city, providing a much needed urban environment with public transport between hubs.
    • Diplomatic ties with the Klingon Empire, so a reason for KDF to be there other than balance obligations.
    • Paper Currency, for the inevitable token grind.
    • Edit: And if you go with the books, even the Iconians have been there, linking it to the overall STO arc.

Win win.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    FERENGINAR!

I really would like to see that happen.

Other planets:

Cardassia

Betazed (hey they were talk of being added "soon")

The Gorn Homeworld

Heck even make Adventure Zones on Qo'nos.........give us TARG Hunting!
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Risa....a massive social adventure zone with perhaps little mystery-type missions.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. Betazed. They have some open minded customs there.

2. Risa. Same reasons.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What's the point? We know from experience, that Player Feedback is ignored. If we said we want the next Adventure Zone to be Betazed, or Cardassia, they'd still go right ahead and add something completely different.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd prefer a space map... I'f I wanted to go around a fantasy land with pretty plants and creatures, I'd be playing WoW.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cardassia that planet always looked cool in DS9. Although I have no idea what type of story could be created for it.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ltsmith wrote: »
    Cardassia that planet always looked cool in DS9. Although I have no idea what type of story could be created for it.

well... lets see... Genocide, Slavery or ... Genocide ?

Can we get something to do with the Terran Empire ? :D and maybe a Terran Empire "Reputation" system for those of us who want to be... "sneaky" and defect to the awesome - er side.

Then if we need something for the fleets to grind... Espoinage :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For 2.5 Ferengi Marks, Do Ferengi Stuff: enter journal entries in the ledger, stamp foreclosure forms, dust off latinum bars, 0%.

Zzz...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    FERENGINAR!

Taco, they should make you Executive Producer.