test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics Issues - Consistent Crashing

tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Ever since the launch of Season 7 on Tribble and today when it was released on holodeck I have been experiencing severe graphic issues when it comes to even getting ingame. I can't stay logged in for more then 5 minutes with out a black screen then having a error pop up saying "Windows has recovered from a graphics error"

I already have the game's graphics on the lowest setting as it is and my graphics driver is up to date. I never had a issue before this season so I am unsure what is going on here in regards to this issue.

I am really hoping the stability gets fixed soon because I really want to be able to play and try out all the new content for Season 7.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
Post edited by tribblequeen on

Comments

• davevalentinedavevalentine Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am experiencing the same exact issue. Before season 7 My computer ran STO perfectly, without a hitch. Now, any combat, what so ever freezes my graphics and I get a message that windows recovered from a graphics acceleration issue.

I have posted about this before, yet absolutely no response from Cryptic. They seriously screwed something up with S7.

One response I got was the fact it was direct x11 and some computers can't handle it. I changed back to direct x9, but I am still experiencing the crashes. This was from a fleet mate, not Cryptic.

FIX THIS ISSUE CRYPTIC!!!!!
  • angeloscurooangeloscuroo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am experiencing the exact issue, I log to the game, blackscreen, game freezes my entire system and I have to force boot my system. Happened to me on tribble too and I could not participate in the Beta.

Season 7 is being a pain in the TRIBBLE, we need this issue fixed.
  • tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have also tried to flash my BIOS, and that did nothing. Now this does happen with Eve Online as well, however for EO I "know" exactly what causes it. I can predict when it "will" happen; no questions.

For EO it crashes if I jump a star-gate, however I can bypass this by simply minimizing the window for 5-10 seconds then bringing the game back up. I know it may sound weird, but it works like a charm.

But STO I can't even do that, I don't know when it will happen, it goes down randomly every couple minutes. I have had to force close STO, but if I force close STO after a crash, everything gets messed up on my computer (eg. Windows 7 task bar and windows no longer have that blue bar lining, and instead is grey as if it was from Windows 2000; and no images/flash will display on websites), so this is seriously TRIBBLE up with my computer regardless ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    But I am glad to hear at least I am not alone with this issue; so it does lead me to believe that something was changed with the graphics engine and is not working with certain systems.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But I am glad to hear at least I am not alone with this issue; so it does lead me to believe that something was changed with the graphics engine and is not working with certain systems.

They made that big map and they had to change how distances are rendered.That means they changed something to graphics engine which means we will see a fix very soon in s14.
  • vindacorvindacor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same crashing problems since S7 was released yesterday. Before that I rarely ever crashed. Now I'm crashing once every hour or two. It's pretty frustrating.:(
    STO has become unplayable for me because of constant graphics crashes since Season 7 was introduced. :mad:
  • denivordenivor Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wtf.......fix this please....
  • admiralsvakadmiralsvak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just put the game in small screen, trust me;)
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey Captains, please post some data so if a Dev does read this or the other thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=447271) he will have some info to go on. :confused:

Sorry to hear about your issues. Hope they fix it soon so you can enjoy S7. :)
    Are we there yet?
  • admiralsvakadmiralsvak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Shoot It still keeps flashing on me :mad::mad::mad:
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Shoot It still keeps flashing on me :mad::mad::mad:

Try updating your vid drivers, or reverting them to older ones. Might help, might not.
    Are we there yet?
  • davevalentinedavevalentine Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please fix this issue ASAP Cryptic. It is extremely frustrating. It seems to be a memory leak, as when I crash completely (complete lock up) it does a a memory dump and as I reboot.

Prior to Season 7 I had no issues, so it is something in the new code you released.
    edited November 2012
    This is still a persistent issue for me and have yet to been able to fix this issue here. I wish there was some way to fix this so that I can finally enjoy what Season 7 has ... Kind of annoying. I already play at the lowest settings and in windows mode; the crashes still mess up my system as a whole as well. Not sure what to do.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why doesn't anyone list their graphics card and driver version when posting? I know I'm guillty of this as well when it comes to compaining but I have posted the info at least once for the Dev's to ignore.

Issues I have:

Crashing on New Romulus in various places.
    Settings above 2x AA reduce the framerate ingame to 6-7 FPS when I used to be able to run 8x AA without any issues before season 7.
    Low resolution textures appearing in lots of places and on ship models.

GPU - AMD Radeon 7950 3GB (DX11 and DX9)

Drivers I tested with: Catalyst 12.11 beta 8, Catalyst 12.10, Catalyst 12.6, and Catalyst 11.12. All of these drivers have the same issues. I also did some testing on my notebook.

GPU - AMD Radeon 4670 1GB GPU (DX10.1 and DX9)

Driver I tested with: Catalyst 12.6

I have no other issues in other games like Deux Ex: Human Revolution, DCUO, Civ V, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron on either system.