test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some Can't Slot Bridge Officers as of 2/14/13 (RESOLVED 2/21!)

Comments

• Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    celavazmy wrote: »
    maybe this work: visit your bridge, then it should work again

The Fleet Starbase will also let you do it.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,056 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    seathemac wrote: »
    Go to the shipyard selector, swap ships then swap back.
    Reassign all your BOFFs.

Not worked for me
  • Options
    ragalpharagalpha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've finally succeeded in assigning my bridge officers by entering a mission instance. Give it a try, maybe it would work for some of you.
  • Options
    chrls63chrls63 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    eazzie wrote: »
    Not worked for me

Didn't work for me either. Neither does swapping ships or entering a mission instance or beaming to my bridge or any other solution. And, like some others, I can't play until it gets fixed. And I just came back to the game after being away for a long while. Decided to sub again and now I figure I just wasted my money. Seems a lot of MMO's don't care about individual players...just the overall bottom line. I really miss the days of EQ with live, in-game guides and gm's available to help at a moments notice.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,056 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ragalpha wrote: »
    I've finally succeeded in assigning my bridge officers by entering a mission instance. Give it a try, maybe it would work for some of you.

This worked for me too. I started Gorn minefield and before getting stuck into the action tried to assign BOFFS and it worked.

For me the whole BOFF issue started after completing Temporal Ambassador ... I shall not be doing that mission again for the final remaining 3 days because I am not going to have to do what I have done today over and over again.

So I am going to lose out on getting 1440 dil. Ohh well nevermind eh.
  • Options
    sciencecaptainsciencecaptain Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I love this game. With that being said. Anyway to figure out why we can't assign BOFF's to open stations on the ship. I have a place open for an ensign science officer and can't place him/her I keep getting the message there isn't enough room on the bridge and I'm looking at an open slot for them to go.

Help Plz
  • Options
    jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yup, having the same problem!!! New ship won't let me assign BOFF's to stations...
    Had this problem on my Klingon character, just went to my ships bridge and was able to slot all my Bridge Officers

Perfect fix...worked like a charm...thanks, mucho...:cool:
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • Options
    michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I see the bug is still here and, therefore, the game that I pay to play is still virtually unplayable.
    I don't want to, nor should I have to, start a mission every time I want to assign a BOff.
    I don't belong to a Fleet and have no intention of joining one in the near future (nor should I have to) and even if I was in one I wouldn't want to, nor should I have to, fly to a Fleet Star Base every time I wanted to assign a BOff.
    I don't want to, nor should I have to, make planetary system/instance hops in order to seek one out that allows me to assign BOff's.

I do want to be able to assign BOff's whether I am in ESD/Qo'noS, DS 9, DS K-7/Ganalda, or even at the Corner of No and Where, just like I could before the Maintenance.

It has been over 19 hours since the maintenance ended and this bug reared its ugly head. 19 hours! It should have been fixed by now.

And that is just one bug ... God knows how many more have crawled, or will crawl, out of the woodwork?

It is annoying and should never have happened. If it was a one off bug it wouldn't be quite so bad but it isn't a one off, we have bugs every week after maintenance. Even if there are no Patches we suddenly end up with some bug or other. Are bugs randomly dropped into the maintenance schedule in order to see just how far a player base can be pushed before they crack?

Please, for the sake of the game if nothing else, fix it!
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • Options
    caio492caio492 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Does anyone else have this problem?
  • Options
    bassiebbassieb Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same problem here, just bought the Vesta pack. All Boff space stations are set to none, and I just can't put a BOFF on duty.
  • Options
    larsh1larsh1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same here. I just acquired my Vor'cha, and I can't assign anyone to it :(
  • Options
    bassiebbassieb Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Got the same issue, just bought vesta pack and can't put boffs in their stations.
  • Options
    cajalacajala Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm also victim. I deleted a white i wasn't using boff to join a blue one then 2 off my assigned boffs got unassigned and can't put em back.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So, you mean Cryptic have added a bug that could have been prevented by, oh I don't know, basic testing? Never! ;)
    One of my fleet friends is suffering with this current bug. Nothing seems to clear it included above suggestions :/
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    djwashudjwashu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    WELL known bug by now. Affects everyone and every ship.
    Try assigning them in certain systems like fleet SB and Memory Alpha.

"Working as intended"
  • Options
    tynnahtynnah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if this is the same bug, but I've shared this with several people on ESD and they told me it worked:

Yesterday, I logged in after a long hiatus to find that all my BOFF ability slots on my HEC were blank, and unassigned. Couldn't appear to use any of them, but the game was telling me they were occupied.

What I did was hit K, assigned the bridge slot to a different BOFF, then switched back to my original crew.

Bamf, everything was fine again.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tynnah wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the same bug, but I've shared this with several people on ESD and they told me it worked:

Yesterday, I logged in after a long hiatus to find that all my BOFF ability slots on my HEC were blank, and unassigned. Couldn't appear to use any of them, but the game was telling me they were occupied.

What I did was hit K, assigned the bridge slot to a different BOFF, then switched back to my original crew.

Bamf, everything was fine again.

does no work on the jem dreadnought for me , although if i change ship i can change them as normal but cannot on the dreadnought
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    borg101010borg101010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seem to happen after yesterday's patch. Bought a new ship and can't assign B.O.s
    On my other captain's ships I can't unassign them or assign in an empty slot. Today I got a new B.O. joined and was able to assign it. Can't afford to replace the entire crew!
  • Options
    venga73venga73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Found a fix last night, grab an episode mission and warp to it and enter it, you can change the crew inside of where the mission starts. Tried changing instances, going to bridge etc and none of that worked. Starting a mission worked for me.
  • Options
    commanderbaileycommanderbailey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have just bought the Vesta Ship Pack, and chose the ship to captain. However it will not allow me to pick bridge officers for the starship stations. I have tried changing ship and back but with no change. Is there anything else I could try? Thanks
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have just bought the Vesta Ship Pack, and chose the ship to captain. However it will not allow me to pick bridge officers for the starship stations. I have tried changing ship and back but with no change. Is there anything else I could try? Thanks

You could try what I did, see post #3 in this thread.
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    shinkaiser20xxshinkaiser20xx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm getting the same issue - after completing the Temporal Ambassador mission, I couldn't assign my existing BOffs to their normal stations because of the ship change. I WAS able to assign new ones until I logged back on today - now the new ones can't be assigned either.
  • Options
    commanderbaileycommanderbailey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm getting the same issue - after completing the Temporal Ambassador mission, I couldn't assign my existing BOffs to their normal stations because of the ship change. I WAS able to assign new ones until I logged back on today - now the new ones can't be assigned either.

Thanks, going to the bridge, and assigning from there works, bit of a pain though
  • Options
    hiplyrustichiplyrustic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So far...

On two separate ships:

-From my own bridge, failed.
    -From my engineering deck with ship selection open, failed on both.
    -Transwarped to Earth Spacedock, failed in space on both.
    -Earth Spacedock at ship selector with ship selection open, failed on both.
    -Entered Mission Space, failed on one/worked on one.
    -Bought new boffs from Exchange, slotted them then swapped in desired ones. Worked, one boff short of complete success due to lack of boffs for sale.

A new variation of the bug: I have 2 tacboff slots. One is always bugged at "NONE", but I can change which slot is bugged. I can swap boff1 to boff2 in slot1, then try to assign boff1 to slot2 whereupon boff1 appears in slot2 and slot1 changes states to "NONE and I can not assign a boff to the slot. I can reverse this at will. I can not get both slots full at the same time. (NOTE: as soon as I can find a new tacboff on the exchange I'll try that fix, I was one new tacboff short of using that fix)

PS: On a completely unrelated note, making someone who paid for gold status wait to create posts is asinine.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,865 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So far from reading the wall of threads...player based SOLUTIONS:

1) Go to your fleet starbase and re-assing BoFFs from there. If you don't have a fleet you are out of luck but you could join one temporarily :D

2)Any fleet actions can also trigger a solution (i.e,Starbase 24 or the like)

3) Going to your ship bridge can also also trigger a work around.

Cryptic solution: "0" (out of luck and your on your own).

It's a shame that players have to find a work around instead of DEVs jumping in and offering solutions...heck where there is no Foundry nor locked boxes involved why should they care if NO MONEY is being generated to fill their pockets. That should tell you where priorities are among the other 100's of support tickets that go unnoticed :cool:
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    goldsmategoldsmate Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had the same problem. I went to shipyard and selected an different ship until I found one that had all of the slots filled including my shuttles. I then changed back to my original ship I was using and put a different boff into the shuttle's slot. I then was allowed to put that boff in their proper slot on the ship. I did this for each of the ships slots I needed to fill. I hope this helps and works for others.
  • Options
    pkcrusaderpkcrusader Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I got the same problem. I just got promoted and a new ship. Can't select Bridge Officers on Stations. Also, I can't unselect them on my old ship. One time I got an error message saying that I already had a Bridge Officer by that name. :/
    I have tried to rename my old ship, I have tried to desmiss my old ship (but since it was my original ship I could not).
    The problem is that I have no way near the resources needed to buy a shuttle and try this fix you say work. I can't even rename my new ship and try that (somone said that might work).

So, are there no fixes that don't need resources?
  • Options
    thetaclearthetaclear Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have another issue for some reason now since after update Im not able to take Temporal Ambassador on newly created KDF characters. ( I can still take quests on older characters that already have ran)

I just did a day before on a new character and was np, but I bought 2 new characters today and I cannot get the quest on either one. I talk to npc and she says " I have nothing more for you right now"

I tried to look over my steps on char I made the day before to see if I was missing a pre-requisite but I cant see anything I did differently.

Im new to game so perhaps I missed something I dont understand. If any one could verify this or help me out I would greatly appreciate. I would really like to get these ships on my new characters before the event ends. ty
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thetaclear wrote: »
    I have another issue for some reason now since after update Im not able to take Temporal Ambassador on newly created KDF characters. ( I can still take quests on older characters that already have ran)

I just did a day before on a new character and was np, but I bought 2 new characters today and I cannot get the quest on either one. I talk to npc and she says " I have nothing more for you right now"

I tried to look over my steps on char I made the day before to see if I was missing a pre-requisite but I cant see anything I did differently.

Im new to game so perhaps I missed something I dont understand. If any one could verify this or help me out I would greatly appreciate. I would really like to get these ships on my new characters before the event ends. ty

Your characters have to be Lvl 25 now to get the mission. It's in the latest patch notes. ;)
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Moved to Bug Reports, where the devs who monitor such things will see it and take note of it.

Note: not actually game breaking, just frustrating and in need of fixing, judging from the workarounds above.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
This discussion has been closed.