test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tachyon Harmonic Bug

defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,

After running some ground STFs (yes some of us like them) I noticed on my Sci alt that the Tachyon Harmonic at times didn't work or was extremely weak compared to how it was a day ago.

Unless I am blind and missed it in the patch notes I think this is a bug with Tachyon Harmonic.

If anyone else has similar issues I would be grateful if you added it in.

Comments

• Options
    emdee83emdee83 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've noticed the same thing, my Tachyon Harmonic III is hitting for extremely low shield damage. My BOFF's Tachyon Harmonic seems to be working fine.
  • Options
    darkshadowstodarkshadowsto Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    defalus wrote: »
    If anyone else has similar issues I would be grateful if you added it in.
    I can confirm this too. I did some testing, using Tachion Harmonics III from borg medical analyzer or analyst MK X kit. The description says, it deals 270 shield damage to the target (using a character with particle physics on 6). In season 6 it worked as intented, doing the above damage.
    But in season 7, it does 70 to 90 damage to the shield, which is so low that there is no real purpose in using that kit at the moment . To exclude damage resistances etc, I did the test on a target wearing a white personal standard issue shield (the one for 2ec from the replicator) using no armor at all. The result is the same, the effect is so low that it doesn't even drops the shields.

Please fix that, because it ruins sci gameplay.
  • Options
    dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have this problem on my Science Kit - Borg Medical Analyzer and I opened a thread to explain http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6557281#post6557281
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Can't confirm that 50% success rate, I did a pvp setup against another player, didn't got a 270 shield drop at all, only between 60-80 for about 8 times in a row ?
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    I can confirm that there is a data error with Tachyon Harmonic at all ranks. While it still has a chance to knock the enemies' shields offline, it no longer effectively deals damage to them.

This will be fixed in an upcoming patch, and should once again behave as it previously did.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This will be fixed in an upcoming patch, and should once again behave as it previously did.

Thank you very much for the clarification :)
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    While investigating this bug, I also found that some Ground-based Tetryon procs are similarly defunct. Those will be repaired in the same fix.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    good to know I was kind surprised to see tooltip still shows the 300-400 shield damage but in reality they just do something like 20...
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Any information on the progress for this fix would be greatly appreciated, I miss my tachyon harmonic. I will admit that without this bug, I would never have discovered the joys of the phasic geologist doff.:D

New info just in for anyone interested. Added on 7th Dec.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6982611&postcount=7
    To be totally accurate, Tachyon Harmonic Rank 1 was fixed and works fine, but the fix failed to properly propagate to higher-tier versions of the power. This was just fixed internally after QA kicked it back to us, so hopefully there's still time to get it verified and squeezed into the next patch.
    The December 13th release notes show Tachyon Harmonics as being fixed, however we have discovered in some testing on tribble that it now has a side effect.

I posted this in tribble bugs earlier but since it is now going live without confirmation of the shield recharge bug being fixed I'll add it here.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=482691

Long story short, in pvp testing after being hit by tachyon harmonics, shields would not recharge as they should (shields are supposed to recharge fully after x amount of time taking no damage). The only shield healing was from passives such as Maco armor passive shield regen, borg nanites passive shield regen and the reputation unlocked regenerative shield augmentaion passive regen.