test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Organized PvP Moderator Reappointments

2»

Comments

• spacepenguin121spacepenguin121 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think the moderation in OPvP is fine as is and don't really see the need for more mods. If anything, adding a bunch of new mods just invites more opportunity for over moderation and the corresponding drama as mentioned in some of the previous posts. Ignore exists for a reason, and if someone is doing something that is truly worthy of mod action, chances are that they will be silenced from ignores before a mod is even aware of the issue. That said, I can't even recall any instances where I've felt the need to use ignore on anyone in OPvP anyway.
    edited November 2012
    I didnt realize the opvp chat channel was falling apart... oh wait...

the organizedpvp chat channel has never really been moderated. if someone has a probelm with someone speaking on that channel.... thats what ignore is for.

ive never seen a troll repel people either, theres usually other people who tell anyone new to ignore whoever is trying to troll.

if it aint broke why fix it? we dont need the organizedpvp chat channel to become like cryptic.

if someone calls you a name, call'm a name right back. -wild wild west-
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited November 2012
    OPvP isn't perfect but it certainly doesn't need to become one of those overly moderated channels. The tools to shield ourselves from unpleasantness already exist. People need to take personal responsibility for filtering what they do and don't want to read.
  • loganwilliams1loganwilliams1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    paxottoman wrote: »
    Organized PvP Channel

This channel has aged so much that now not only the creator of the channel is long gone, but the last admin, Aytanhi is also gone with no desire to return is what I understand from other TSI members.

In the interest of maintaining the channel, and keeping it clean, we need new moderators since we cannot get new admins.

I am not sure if admins can appoint moderators. However, even the last moderators Sivar and Minimax are now either inactive most of the time due to other life obligations or have left to play other games.

I kindly ask to consider the following recommendations for moderator status on the following people:

Hank of Turkish RP Heroes - Inner Circle
    Kedric of TRIBBLE.
    Thales of Show Me Your Critz
    Sibok of X-Treme - TSI
    Hilbert of TSI
    Pug of Federation Emergency Services
    Anathosion of Sad Pandas
    Illusion of ISC
    Yoda - Turkish RP Heroes - Devils Rejects
    Gallileos - 106th
    Damian - Show Me Your Critz

These guys have demonstrated on most occasions an impartial attitude towards all. Although I have not discussed it with them personally, I think they would be the best candidates based on the aforementioned most important fact about being impartial. Also, their active status, and their time zones of activity also attributes my nomination. All of these guys are part of a PvP fleet, and have extensive relationships with other PvP fleets.

If we can get Aytanhi on the horn to make this possible, it would be in the best interest to sustain what's left of a PvP community.

If not, I can see the creation of a new channel in the near foreseeable future.

Translation "I want my friends or people that I think I can persuade as moderators of the channel"

Go ahead and start your new channel man. I flip the tab maybe twice a week anyway. Best of luck .

In all seriousness if you want to increase the cohesiveness of the PvP community please ask folks to stop raging in that channel, ask them to stop being devisive, and ask them to genuinely help other people.

[OrganizedPVP] Menderes@PaxOttomana: im gonna sn doff this ***** queen <<< also, stop telling tall tales on your use of special doffs. That might help increase overall knowledge.
  • adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited November 2012
    Translation "I want my friends or people that I think I can persuade as moderators of the channel"

Go ahead and start your new channel man. I flip the tab maybe twice a week anyway. Best of luck .

Lol .... that made me falafelstomp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • etyibotetyibot Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012

WHA!? making your own channel!? What a concept.
  • thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited November 2012
    hey pax,

im up for whatever the community sees fit, thanks for the nod.

have fun kill bad guys
  • upyournacelles2upyournacelles2 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    That list does look good, but shouldn't you have talked to them before mentioning them as candidates, Pax? ^^

^^ I nominate this guy ^^

Please be sure to talk to him first before adding him to the list though
  • criminiuscriminius Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Omg, I could picture Damian on drinking PvP nights with mod rights. Lol. I would hop on more for that :P

Next someone will suggest mikey with admin/mod rights. That would be funny too!
  • thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited November 2012
    criminius wrote: »
    Omg, I could picture Damian on drinking PvP nights with mod rights. Lol. I would hop on more for that :P

Next someone will suggest mikey with admin/mod rights. That would be funny too!

/muted

:)
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll add onto that

NoobPvPer: Hey is this the channel for PvPers?
    Troll: shut up nub

NoobPvPer:What?

NoobPvPer: Can someone answer my question?

NoobPvPer:please stop trolling me.

NoobPvPer:argh TRIBBLE this...

Good luck dealing with this. That noob can be the next Yoda, Thales, Aytanhi, MT, Era, Hank, etc. But guess what, he was poorly treated. So, his PvP development is curbed due to trolling in that channel.

I've never seen this happen. I'm sure it has on occasion, but i've never seen it happen. Infact the closest was when a new player can in asking questions and players from a certain fleet just bull****ted him with random TRIBBLE that had no relation whatsoever to his needs. That made me annoyed. But big deal, if one new player in 10 is driven away i think thats a pretty good ratio.

Especially when 9/10 new players are driven away by ACTUAL pug arena PVP regardless.

Are new players going to be scared away by 1 troll, or by a community of players who are so far ahead in terms of experience, doffs, ships, weapons, consoles, friends, voice comms etc. Hmm, I wonder.

OPVP needs no new mods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seems we have this discussion every few months when someone gets there knickers in a twist.

We don't need no stinking mods.

Seriously If I was emerald when I created the chan I would have removed myself from the mod slot and just had no mods period.

Damn people you have an ignore button if you don't like what someone is saying use it... if a few of your freinds feel the same way the system will even kick in a 24hr silence for the troll.

Why is it that we need people to be general muted again ? seems to me the majority should rule and the way the system works and considering there is almost always 100+ people online in Opvp should it not police it self with out the need for any ego stroking....

Not that I have anything against anyone that is a mod now has been a mod in the past or Paxs list of suggested people now... its just redundant and unneeded imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • zackarysszackaryss Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes make them all opvp mods!

and @greenpig
    @ZackerySS - Joined on Aug 2008: year of the greenpig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you are to actually have moderators appointed, you shouldn't have racists/homophobes/sexists/and otherwise highly offensive players moderating. These are the most bias type of people, ;) Polite, responsive, impartial and logical, this is required for moderating :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • therealsivartherealsivar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Organized PvP Channel

This channel has aged so much that now not only the creator of the channel is long gone, but the last admin, Aytanhi is also gone with no desire to return is what I understand from other TSI members.

In the interest of maintaining the channel, and keeping it clean, we need new moderators since we cannot get new admins.

I am not sure if admins can appoint moderators. However, even the last moderators Sivar and Minimax are now either inactive most of the time due to other life obligations or have left to play other games.

I kindly ask to consider the following recommendations for moderator status on the following people:

Hank of Turkish RP Heroes - Inner Circle
    Kedric of TRIBBLE.
    Thales of Show Me Your Critz
    Sibok of X-Treme - TSI
    Hilbert of TSI
    Pug of Federation Emergency Services
    Anathosion of Sad Pandas
    Illusion of ISC
    Yoda - Turkish RP Heroes - Devils Rejects
    Gallileos - 106th
    Damian - Show Me Your Critz

These guys have demonstrated on most occasions an impartial attitude towards all. Although I have not discussed it with them personally, I think they would be the best candidates based on the aforementioned most important fact about being impartial. Also, their active status, and their time zones of activity also attributes my nomination. All of these guys are part of a PvP fleet, and have extensive relationships with other PvP fleets.

If we can get Aytanhi on the horn to make this possible, it would be in the best interest to sustain what's left of a PvP community.

If not, I can see the creation of a new channel in the near foreseeable future.

OPvP's situation is.......difficult at best right now.

I'm still around and when I'm there I do what I can to keep the peace, but it is not easy, if I let stuff go then people get mad and/or discouraged with the channel while if I crack down on something I have to deal with people sending me tells telling me to calm down and not mute people. I think Mini said I was the last mod who still cared, and for the most part I like to think that I've been fair in the job since I took it two years ago.

As for channel moderators, if Devoras is an Admin then yes he can appoint new Moderators, as can the other Admins if you can catch them online (Linty, Aytanhi and Kai). As for channel ownership itself, unless somebody knows how to get in touch with TyBushman well.....anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here