test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You know you have been playing STO to much when...

2»

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know you've been playing STO too long when -

- You stop at traffic accidents to look for gear drops which are Purple Quality.
    - You queue up with five random strangers to enter Wal Mart.
    - You put your boss on your 'Ignore' List.
    - You email H.R. to ask them how much dilithium it will cost to train up your new assistant in Windows 8.
    - You ask I.T. if there is a Mirror Universe copier.
    - When the company dress code changes Casual Friday to include, 'Tie - Optional', you always try for it.
    - You never get any closer than 5km to your co workers.
    - You get upset because the vehicles around you driving to/from work are always closer together than 5km.
    - You attempt to trade your husband/wife/fiancee/girlfriend/boyfriend/significant other for three Doffs of lower quality.
    - You think Tony Stark is a really cool Human Tactical Vice Admiral.

You been stalking me again, Thunderfoot???

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    You been stalking me again, Thunderfoot???

;)
    Ummm...no. Would you please sit up straighter and speak clearly and distinctly in the direction of the surge protector. Psst! Hurry up! Your boss is coming down the hall.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For me, I know I've been playing too much when I get a phone call in the middle of a mission and I answer it and try to rush through it as quickly as possible so my 40-second "pause" timer doesn't run out....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
    Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When you refer to the new nametag-less guys at work "Red Shirts".. even when the uniform is most definitely blue

You routinely ask for "Damage Reports" "Tactical reports" and tell your crew to "Arm Photons" and they do so without question.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You make a thread called "you know you have been playing STO to much when..." and allow someone like me to answer it.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    You make a thread called "you know you have been playing STO to much when..." and allow someone like me to answer it.

Touche good sir! :D;)
  • Options
    rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    when you tell your wife you know it's not easy being married to a starship captain
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When you talk about the KDF faction as if they were really being oppressed by cryptic in labor camps.:rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    pardusian141pardusian141 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anazonda wrote: »

Maybe I shouldn't have let you answer!!!!! :eek:

....you want to know where you put your critical regenerators so you can help the patients in critical condition!
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...You practice speaking Klingon every day. To finally get rid your Terran accent.

...You try to to convince your mechanic to upgrade the computer modules on your car.
    So your DPS is higher.

...You refuse to let your daughter craft dinner. Because her Skill Point level is below 500.

...Instead of housebreaking the new puppy, you decide to respec him.

...All of your pets are named after your favorite ship classes. Except for the goldfish. Because she hasn't contributed a single piece of dilithium to the Fleet Starbase.

..."Redshirt!" has become your favorite way of referring to people at work who annoy you.

...You find yourself watching the Voyager episodes with Species 8472 in them. Again. Because there may be tactical tips you missed the first fifty times you watched them.

...You are disappointed because the new doctor your health plan allows you to use is not a hologram.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Your boss asks you to do a project, and you tell him we have no Purple staff members.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A) When you see every change as the ultimate Nerf

B) When you consider quitting upon the introduction of every new season

C) When you are going to farm you take your PC or Laptop out in the field

D) When you wear your Red Shirt Uniform to work

E) When you start speaking Klingon to your neighbor

F) When you start wiping your @ss with a Tribble plush

G) When you beome the information guide to every new player on ESD

H) When you start referring to your vehicle as the U.S.S.

I) When you ignore your Girlfriend or wife during a romantic evening

J) When you CAN'T get a girlfriend or a boyfriend
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You wonder how long it will take your duty officers to replace a dead light bulb (at work, home, traffic light, etc.)
  • Options
    luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know you've been playing STO too long when you like grinding Dilithium more than playing good foundry missions :-P
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    when the zone chat makes sense....
  • Options
    chakittychakitty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When you introduce your wife/husband/significant other as your first officer.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When you pull up at a red light and tell the person in your passenger seat to fire broadside phasers at the car next to you.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...the phrase "maximum warp" comes to mind as you're turning up to thermostat / stove to full.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...you wished transporters were invented so that you can wake up a little later for work.
  • Options
    piwright42piwright42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When you catch yourself hollering, "More power to the structural integrity field!" when the driver side leaf spring on your box truck blows at sixty miles and hour.
    If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
    They taste the same.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You think "loading the dishwasher" means getting your wife drunk.

You mow the front lawn to find your car.

You've ever been kicked out of the zoo for heckling the monkeys.

Jack Daniels makes your list of most admired people.

...........What were we talking about?:confused: