What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free-to-play?

kathornnkathornn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
No Zen = No fun

Your ship will suck...

Your ground itens will suck...

In PVP you will suck...

But you are "Free-to-play", even if you suck...
Post edited by kathornn on

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    collect dilit in time your can buy everything that can be bought for real money :cool:
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And collect it now, because after Tuesday, good luck getting enough to buy those shinies!
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I see a lot of people in expensive C-store ships, especially Oddys, doing absolutely terribly at STF's and pvp. On the contrary, I am sure experienced players could come up with a lot of sound ship setups that cost absolutely no Zen, even including Zen acquired through converting dilithium earned for free. If paid items did NOT grant at least a small edge, it would suck some of their appeal away and make them feel like underpowered toys. There should be a balance between skill and pay-to-win; and right now, I think Cryptic has managed to walk that fine line reasonably well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can buy a fleet ship with 20 Million EC worth of modules, and since they only cost about 5 a pop you can even collect them with a silver account and no purse upgrade. And 20 million EC is really not hard to obtain in this game. And the fleet ships are better than almost all Zen-Store ships.

Also, bought items for ground combat? What are you smoking?

All those people doing better in STFs than you? They aren't flying OP ships, you just suck too much at playing.
  • tordesignstordesigns Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    you dont need to buy cstore ships or gear to get good things ive bought all my gear off the exchange and ships i got from getting lv10 advancements
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You don't actually need much zen stuff. More bank and doff slots are all that is necessary.
    The rest if the stuff just take time.
    Don't let it fool you man.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With season 7,they are definitely establishing a pattern of more dilithium sinks,higher dilithium costs and lowering the availability of 'free' dilithium.

In Asian MMO's (and people,do not forget that Perfect World is a Chinese company!) it is common that people buy in game currencies to get the best 'sword' and 'armor'.In fact,most Asian MMO's don't have any other way for the player to obtain the needed currency.

I get the idea that PWE has a strategy of lowering dilithium rewards and hiking up the dilithium costs in 'bite size' increments,to get people used to buying dilithium with Zen.With each season it gets a bit worse,to the point where dilithium rewards are completely removed altogether and the only way to equip your new $25 C-store ship is to buy the needed dilithium from the C-store with real money,which will probably set you back another $50 in dilithium for purple weapons.

They made a lot of money from the lock boxes (grab bags are another staple in Asian MMO's) and in game currency exclusively for real money is the next logical step in 'Easternizing' STO.
    The only thing I know for sure....before that horror scenario comes true,most of the current players will have quit the game.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so i take it the Op doesn't even play
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With season 7,they are definitely establishing a pattern of more dilithium sinks,higher dilithium costs and lowering the availability of 'free' dilithium.

In Asian MMO's (and people,do not forget that Perfect World is a Chinese company!) it is common that people buy in game currencies to get the best 'sword' and 'armor'.In fact,most Asian MMO's don't have any other way for the player to obtain the needed currency.

I get the idea that PWE has a strategy of lowering dilithium rewards and hiking up the dilithium costs in 'bite size' increments,to get people used to buying dilithium with Zen.With each season it gets a bit worse,to the point where dilithium rewards are completely removed altogether and the only way to equip your new $25 C-store ship is to buy the needed dilithium from the C-store with real money,which will probably set you back another $50 in dilithium for purple weapons.

They made a lot of money from the lock boxes (grab bags are another staple in Asian MMO's) and in game currency exclusively for real money is the next logical step in 'Easternizing' STO.
    The only thing I know for sure....before that horror scenario comes true,most of the current players will have quit the game.

American companies do it as well.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I see a lot of people in expensive C-store ships, especially Oddys, doing absolutely terribly at STF's and pvp.

I wonder how many of them are the free 2-year oddys. Like mine. For my tac captain:rolleyes:
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wonder how many of them are the free 2-year oddys. Like mine. For my tac captain:rolleyes:

you can tell from the shuttle bay
    GwaoHAD.png
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With each season it gets a bit worse,to the point where dilithium rewards are completely removed altogether and the only way to equip your new $25 C-store ship is to buy the needed dilithium from the C-store with real money,which will probably set you back another $50 in dilithium for purple weapons.

I want to say nobody would pay $25 for a new starship, and then another $25-50 for all of its weapons and equipment...

But then I think of how much money Cryptic has made off of the $50 Odyssey and Vesta packs, that don't even include decent weapons and equipment beyond the console powers.

There are a lot of things I'd drop $50 on before buying one ship with three console powers. A PC game from Steam. A trilogy of books like Mistborn and Hunger Games. Turn it all into ones and gorge on meatballs at a gentleman's club. Treat a friend (or friends) to a nice meal, and then spend the following month constantly bringing up the nice meal I gave them in exchange for small favors, like letting me sit in their favorite chair in their own home.

I guess that's just me though, 'cause people keep buying these $50 ship deals...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can't you spend 100K EC and pick up a mirror ship that is better then most of the free T5 ships?

The game is really cheap if you know how to work the system. The system is going to get changed a bit in Season 7 but I'm sure folks will still be able to make EC/Zen/Lobi for next to nothing.

And the really smart players already cashed out and stocked up so that season 7 does hit they'll make bank.