test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good-bye, old friend! Hello phaser lady!

Comments

• commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, good-bye, old friend! But... Hello "Pretty Phaser Lady"!!!

You might need to refresh or clear your cache to see her.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Maybe one day Phaser Dude will come back from the learn mores section and meet Phaser Lady. They will realize their love for each other and marry. Then together they can have little Feddie Phaser children.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    Maybe one day Phaser Dude will come back from the learn mores section and meet Phaser Lady. They will realize their love for each other and marry. Then together they can have little Feddie Phaser children.

He's actually still around in a few places on the site... for now :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I prefer phaser guy ._.

edit:
    Funny thing is, last MMO i was somewhat addicted to did something similar, and a huge spark of debate was born over objectifying women, having a woman with hell cleavage on front page to appease male players, wonder if that will happen again

*shrug*
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Uhh, I'm disappointed. She lacks the detail, and looks more like a witch than a member of Starfleet.

Please redesign her. (Or bring the guy back, he actually made me think of Star Trek.)

Also why not add some KDF imagery there?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What about a TRIBBLE alternate login page with the old guy? :cool:
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    HelLO, new friend.

Uhm... So here's the thing. She's wearing the new fleet uniforms, unzipped. Plans to add this option?
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    What about a TRIBBLE alternate login page with the old guy? :cool:

Or, just, yaknow, women too? O.o'

Girls play games too i have been told :o

edit: what about intergender/multigender species, shouldnt they get eye candy front pagers too? |:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also, she's got 29th century rank pips.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/about

Look !!!
    It's handsome phaser guy proudly still protecting our "About" page for the game.
    Thanks Handsome Phaser Guy !
    I wish it was still you instead of that tarty strumpet they've paraded out onto the front page now. Handsome Phaser Guy, of all the front page game graphics I have encountered, you were the most .... (choke, almost cry) ... human.

(Bagpipes start)
  • darkhorizoncymrudarkhorizoncymru Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hurray! Now the front page looks like that godawful Valor MMO whose ads pop up all over the net!

Jeez - could we have a bit of respectability?
  • digimatldigimatl Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well - handsome phaser guy actually reminded me of Star Trek. That new elf is pretty but looks more like WoW...dont need that here. :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • intrepid74656intrepid74656 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    He's actually still around in a few places on the site... for now :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Wordpress doing for you what it does best? #Fail
    No surprise there.

Btw, fix your response headers..
    This is just the home page
    X-UA-Compatible: IE=7

Gotta be kidding me right? Let each browser decide how to handle the TRIBBLE HTML that is returned.

[html]<ul>
    <div class="bg-gnb-top"></div>
    <div class="bg-gnb-mid">
    <li><a target="_top" href="http://sto.perfectworld.com/about">About</a></li&gt;
    <li><a target="_top" href="http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay">Free-to-Play</a></li&gt;
    <li><a target="_top" href="http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/gameupdates">Game Updates</a></li>
    <li><a target="_top" href="http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/foundry">The Foundry</a></li>
    <li><a target="_top" href="http://sto.perfectworld.com/download">Download</a></li&gt;
    </div>
    <div class="bg-gnb-bot"></div>
    </ul>[/html]
    Rly?!
    Server: Apache

Nice if I know a security hole in Apache, thanks for the dead give away!
    X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.9-pl0-gentoo

See above.. *sigh*
    Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate

Better have a super fast memory reverse proxy running.. With Wordpress runnnig I doubt the web devs have ever heard of it.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/wordpress/service/img.php?postid=747111&type=redesign
    Why in all that's holy on the web do you server images through PHP?! And not like there's 1 image being generated through this, it's dozens! Response times ~1-3 seconds for an image. Ow and yes I've cache disabled so keep sending those images.

I really hate to be part of Cryptic/Perfect world web dev team. I would cry myself asleep knowing this is what I'd have to work with..

</fin> <!-- That is a joke, yes, very good! P.s let's see if escaping works.. -->

On topic: nice pic ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can we have a foundry contest to establish her back-story? She must have an interesting history. Quite immodest for a Vulcan, and some "enhancements" were apparently very logical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Can we have a foundry contest to establish her back-story? She must have an interesting history. Quite immodest for a Vulcan, and some "enhancements" were apparently very logical.

Her background: make Starfleet advertisement for hot males with her big TRIBBLE. :D

Seriously, the new log in page looks like all other PWE crappy games.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • quiiliitiilaquiiliitiila Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, as the title suggests, I'm rather ashamed of the new STO website background... Since when did we become Evony Online?

Seriously? I'm all for having a woman on the main page, but does she have to be spilling out of her top and look like a cheap anime chick?

Perhaps it's just me...
    -Quiiliitiila
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, good-bye, old friend! But... Hello "Pretty Phaser Lady"!!!

You might need to refresh or clear your cache to see her.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That artwork is AWESOME!!! Sorry if it was asked before: can we please have this as a desktop wallpaper???

:)
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree. Looks totally corny...
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Vulcan women in illogical tops is a time-honored tradition around here.

Though the skirt is a bit too much if you ask me.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Wow that new background is bloody TRIBBLE. That open top should never have been made in the first place. Males get an under shirt, but females luck like that! And justification for this or is it so the little adds for STO make teen boys giggle and subscribe?

Stupid move.

Can I remove the background?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zakon90505zakon90505 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And she is apparently tripping and falling on her face because of her stilleto heels.

When does the new slutwear from the tailor come out anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Captain Gordon Lightfoot, USS Edmund Fitzgerald

Check out Firefly Fleet: http://serenitystation.forumotion.com/
  • thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The "Download Now" button is positioned next to something that shouldn't even be there.

That character is over sexualised to the max and it's a Vulcan, come on. The rest of that background is great, but that character needs changed, what was wrong with the old Starfleet Captain shooting the phaser?

It's actually pretty embrassing, why would I want to link people to a game that shows something so silly.
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Typical PWE game showing through right there, their influence is now showing through.

That said, she is kinda cute :o
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i have not seen it yet, but TOS was full of hot women in revealing clothing.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    everyone remember when the open top featured on a pc mag cover won the poll for most wanted costume? i assume cryptic did as well hence its return.

to be honest the top does not bother me. troi wore a few low cut ones in her time. the awkward run and not correctly using a phaser bothers me more.
    edited November 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »

And that is pretty embrassing, women shouldn't be treated like that nor should we be using it to advertise something in the 21st century. It's terrible that Cryptic thought this was a good idea.

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The "Download Now" button is positioned next to something that shouldn't even be there.

That character is over sexualised to the max and it's a Vulcan, come on. The rest of that background is great, but that character needs changed, what was wrong with the old Starfleet Captain shooting the phaser?

It's actually pretty embrassing, why would I want to link people to a game that shows something so silly.

I'm sorry but did you guys not watch Star Trek...I must have been seeing a different show...where all the women are hot and sexy, and Kirk got them all...and Green women were every nerds fantasy....In the 25th century Women are no longer sexually repressed, stop living in the 50's :cool:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like it when women show their sexuality, as long as it is THEIR choice, and they aren't being forced to do it.
    edited November 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I'm sorry but did you guys not watch Star Trek...I must have been seeing a different show...where all the women are hot and sexy, and Kirk got them all...and Green women were every nerds fantasy....In the 25th century Women are no longer sexually repressed, stop living in the 50's :cool:

That 'thing' on the website hasn't been put there to show how liberated women are in the 25th century of the enlightened STO universe...

Seriously, that picture is bad for promotion, if I had just heard of STO right now and went on the website to see how to get it and saw that picture, I would think that this game was a joke.

edited November 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »

Makes me think of that 'Vulcan love' slave program we constantly heard about in DS9 series...