What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of the Game: November 2012

2»

Comments

• amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    I had a thought: the Tholians are Iconians! Displaced through time...

Tholians are actually Diet Iconians, after all the sugar was taken out. :D
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Notice not one word about PvP, current or future.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm still concerned about what "reconcile the differences between factions" meant.
  • paragon92518paragon92518 Member Posts: 268
    edited November 2012
    lillithiae wrote: »
    I sure hope thats what it is. Because if it isnt, it will be the biggest /fail in this game's history.

I'll squeal with joy if this ends up actually becoming the Ambassador Class in-game.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dear Dan, thank you for this expansion, actually considering a lifetime after reading this.
    hoping to see a playable romulan (or Remulan) faction soon - 2013 :D

i have played a bit of s7 on tribble and i LOVE IT! but one or two slight question arise

1 - all of the new romulan rewards earned through the system are based on PLASMA.
    As we know , plasma weapons are not really useable cause every other widely used set has -20% plasma weapons. So are you considering to change these resistances to -20% to borg weapons? (that would make plasma useable again, my god i would throw a party)

2 - the romulan set - i have grinded out this set on one of my chars to XII very rare.
    The set bonuses are ... POOR at least..
    Are you considering making this set viable - changing its stats and bonuses??

Because if u don't people might just play the zone stuff once or twice and then just go back to the old STF's..

Thank you, gaining trust in you again, cryptic!
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Tholians are actually Diet Iconians, after all the sugar was taken out. :D

You might even call them... Crystal Lite.
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Per Dstahl...

"...As an early teaser, this year's anniversary will have its own special Feature Episode and reward, so stay tuned for more info on that..."

Can you say Ambassador Class Enterprise...

<squeeee>

<chuckle>

You realize of course if they do that, it will be like the Odyssey:

Free 9 console version everyone forgets about followed by C-Store release.
    edited November 2012
    Also, by "resolved," I assume that probably means the next FE centers on the state of Klingon politics. Not a faction merger or an end to PvP but I'm guessing it will be the last we see of J'mpok... and I'm guessing his house will be the villains for the next FE series.

That raises tech questions about the First City social zone but I can see several options.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I disagree I have the 2nd version oddy in my spacedock and used that constantly until they brought out the mirror universe star cruiser
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Which They will then put in the Starbase Store...

I'll buy the Ambassador if They put it in the C-Store... no problem.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Which They will then put in the Starbase Store...

I'll by the Ambassador if They put it in the C-Store... no problem.

They'll probably make it a lock box ship like the wells class
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • docsnoopydocsnoopy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm with centersolace and want to hear more about the 'faction' solution.

Could be everything between great storytelling future content and a simple merger ...
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also, by "resolved," I assume that probably means the next FE centers on the state of Klingon politics. Not a faction merger or an end to PvP but I'm guessing it will be the last we see of J'mpok... and I'm guessing his house will be the villains for the next FE series.

That raises tech questions about the First City social zone but I can see several options.

I dunno. I've felt for a while that when J'mpok goes out it will be revealed that he's an Undine. Probably just me though.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    They'll probably make it a lock box ship like the wells class

Not very likely... It was an Enterprise.

There'd be way to much furor if They did that...

There are many, many people, who have been asking for this ship since way before F2P.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    3rd Anniversary Event Featured Episode? I can get behind that.

Resolving things between factions in Season 8? That worries me. May you please clarify?

Yes, please. Does "resolve" mean taking the easy way out and merging the two factions or can we expect growth in each faction that brings more to the game?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well since we already have level start-50 for individual faction stuff with the borg line starting to show cooperation between the factions, why cant level 50-60 be during peacetime as far as the kdf and Federation go?

Only problem with merging is that we still cannot cross faction team which makes doing stf runs a pain for us cross faction fleets. Maybe they will do it that once we reach current max we will join the omega force faction so everybody can team up at will!

Still not happy with all the dilithium sinks being introduced especially with them coupled with across the board dilithium reductions from missions. Please at least have basic stuff available for minimal ec, or maybe 1-2000 dilithium, to help folks who just got to max level to tide them over until they can earn (pay for) the current STF stuff. People are less likely to complain if you dont take away EVERYTHING and at least leave something for people. Or am I to assume Cryptic wishes to punish us like naughty children?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • josephkerrjosephkerr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unless the Dilithium charges involved in this so-called "reputation" system has been rethought, frankly I COULD wait for this update.

The way this is going you might as well charge dilithium to start a story mission or to travel over warp 5.