test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of the Game: November 2012

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Star Trek Online Executive Producer Dan Stahl checks in with this month's State of the Game article. Give it a read by clicking on the link below and let us know your thoughts in this thread!

Link to the news article.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    cant wait for all this new content!
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited November 2012
    hurry up and release it already :o
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Foundry Spotlight missions now receive special billing in the Mission Journal as well as improved rewards

Will this be observable on tribble this weekend?
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the new pve content is actually quite fun and i have enjoyed what I've played so far on tribble. hope its got good replayability. what troubles me is the new passives and their effect on the game, particularly pvp, and how overpowered the vesta is.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seems like the Ambassador Class will be the 3rd Anniversary reward, with it's own featured episode.

PURE SPECULATION, but it seems likely. Hope the KDF gets something nice too.
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited November 2012
    hypl wrote: »
    Seems like the Ambassador Class will be the 3rd Anniversary reward, with it's own featured episode.

thats speculation i can get behind :)
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If we follow the pattern established from 6 to 7, season 8 could be looming right around the anniversary, too. With season 8 being promised as the return of the featured episode... could work out that way yet.
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It was being said, that target date for S8 Is MAY !
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Foundry Spotlight missions now receive special billing in the Mission Journal as well as improved rewards

Does this apply to previous spotlights or just newly chosen ones? Do we lose control of our missions?

Does the mission journal also show a full list of all spotlights of the past, or just whatever is chosen that week?

Details please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally, I would prefer Feature Episodes over gridning for story progression. I can't see myself bothering with this... "new content" very much, if at all! I also don't care for the fleet system and have since given up on contributing to the small fleets I am a part of.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What is the reward for Foundry Spotlight missions?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
    edited November 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Does this apply to previous spotlights or just newly chosen ones? Do we lose control of our missions?

Does the mission journal also show a full list of all spotlights of the past, or just whatever is chosen that week?

Details please.

Does this apply to previous spotlights or just newly chosen ones? - it was in previous talking about that, they said, thez will add all the previous spotlight mission to that.

Do we lose control of our missions? - your mission will be copied from tribble for there ( Cryptic ) use, and for that mission on holodeck you WONT have access to. ( put there vulgar language and so on ) on tribble you will be able to update the mission with no problem
    edited November 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    What is the reward for Foundry Spotlight missions?

Good guess it will be like for any normal story mission what we got in game
    edited November 2012
    maxxina wrote: »
    Good guess it will be like for any normal story mission what we got in game

Like a weapon or a lockbox? If so that's not much incentive unless it's a unique piece of gear
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hypl wrote: »

you know a kvort BOP would be a good counterpart here for the kdf. a hagta with an 18 turn rate, .9 shield mod and 27k hitpoints.
    edited November 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    Like a weapon or a lockbox? If so that's not much incentive unless it's a unique piece of gear

Like you can choose from some variants of weapons . some mission got shields .

BUT Its just me guess : ) it can be anything else . :)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We wanted the Romulans to be the focus of this season because New Romulus will also play an important role in Season 8. Perceptive captains may even notice the city begin to grow and take shape over the course of the season. It is important that captains participate in all the challenges that exist on New Romulus and take an active role in discovering the history of this planet. By doing so, they will unravel a mystery that will advance the story of STO to the next chapter and set the stage for a future Feature Episode series and future seasons.

The first two Reputations we are introducing are the Romulan Star Empire and Task Force Omega. With this system in place, we will continue to introduce new Reputations with new unique Reward Sets as the game progresses.

We decided to make Task Force Omega one of the first Reputations so that the premium rewards associated with the Borg STFs are in line with our future design goals around gear availability and gear progression. This also gives us the opportunity to complete the remaining STFs that have been sitting on the shelf since Season 1, and finally allow captains to face off against the Borg Queen. After nearly two years of showing off screenshots of the Borg Queen, she will be in game to provide a finale for the Task Force Omega storyline.

1. I'm not sure I remember the beginning of the TF Omega storyline other than report to ds9, grab some gear, and go fight borg.
    2.I somehow get the impression that these 'soon to be added' reputations are going to require that players have invested in the the reputation system, or am I simply reading it wrong.
    2A. Unless I'm reading this incorrectly these new playable missions rewards WILL ALSO be locked until we've surrendered whatever items are necessary for the corresponding tiers projects.
    3. So it's 'game over' for those who choose to 'opt-out' of the rep system ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • typhoncaltyphoncal Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Looks like a lot of great updates to come and while many don't seem all that thrilled i think it will do alot to improve the game overall. I like that Dan stated that we will notice the new Home-world will develop overtime, however why not allow the community participate in that new building projects like we have that of station and the new embassy?
    Commander Shran - You tell Archer, that is three the pink skin owes me!
    edited November 2012
    maxxina wrote: »
    Like you can choose from some variants of weapons . some mission got shields .

BUT Its just me guess : ) it can be anything else . :)

I think it's a valid guess and wouldn't be surprised if its something like that. I was hoping for Dilithium and Fleet/Omega marks though
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Per Dstahl...

"...As an early teaser, this year's anniversary will have its own special Feature Episode and reward, so stay tuned for more info on that..."

Can you say Ambassador Class Enterprise...

<squeeee>

<chuckle>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had a thought: the Tholians are Iconians! Displaced through time...
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cant wait that FE and 3rd anniversary :D

I was expecting some FE reruns and the old batlehs in Q winter wonderland ,but new rewards are ok .
  • lillithiaelillithiae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »

Details please.

Kind of strange that they arent bothering to test this on Tribble isnt it?
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, I should be getting my rig back just in time for the release of S8, I can't wait. I haven't been this excited for STO in a long time.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • caretaker82caretaker82 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im liking the new updates and enjoys playing the new pve missions. I would like to see more stuff for the voyager series like kazon ocampan and even maybe some of the ships they incounterd. Maybe some mission to stop Annorax from Year from hell ( voyager ), i would like to see most is the voyager ship that was in the episode living witness with all the mods they said voyager had. Big fan of the game cant wait for the release.
  • lillithiaelillithiae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Per Dstahl...

"...As an early teaser, this year's anniversary will have its own special Feature Episode and reward, so stay tuned for more info on that..."

Can you say Ambassador Class Enterprise...

<squeeee>

<chuckle>

I sure hope thats what it is. Because if it isnt, it will be the biggest /fail in this game's history.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    3rd Anniversary Event Featured Episode? I can get behind that.

Resolving things between factions in Season 8? That worries me. May you please clarify?
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All this looks very good. Looking forward to it. Love how your adding to the Romulan/Reman story line. That was one of my favorites other than the Dominion one.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    great f-n job this planet is so cool why couldnt earth or other planets be the same way now this is startrek ... this is what star trek was ment to be if you could make more planets like this i doubt any one would ever complain about not enough to do .. come on cryptic start adding more planets like this atleast one per sector .....GREAT JOB
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...and not a single mention about any of our concerns relating to the obviously drastic changes to Season 7.