test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugs not getting fixed...

fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
This game brings out new stuff (even if it's "only" ships or costumes) at an astounding rate, when compared to other games.

Yet it seems that they're not able to fix major existing bugs. Warping into finished STFs, not being able to leave done STFs without taking the 1-hour penalty, the bugged T4 Marauding Boff, no categories for Space & Ground Warfare Doffs or boosts on the exchange, exchange search not working properly etc... have been around for months now.

Is it more important to shell out new, superficial items every other week, so that there is no interest in actually fixing them or are the Devs simply stumped by those bugs?
Post edited by fraghul2000 on

Comments

• wilkaastwilkaast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Also the thing where you try to beam to ESD or DS9 and server just hangs up, or those big white bloated in many space maps, or when an ability is not triggered when you click a button, it goes on.
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This game brings out new stuff (even if it's "only" ships or costumes) at an astounding rate, when compared to other games.

Yet it seems that they're not able to fix major existing bugs. Warping into finished STFs, not being able to leave done STFs without taking the 1-hour penalty, the bugged T4 Marauding Boff, no categories for Space & Ground Warfare Doffs or boosts on the exchange, exchange search not working properly etc... have been around for months now.

Is it more important to shell out new, superficial items every other week, so that there is no interest in actually fixing them or are the Devs simply stumped by those bugs?

I hear you, there are bugs everywhere in this game and some even date back to Beta. Realize that the devs have stated numerous times, they prioritize bugs...all of these must be very low priority. I have a thread of DOFF related bugs that I just stopped adding to because few of them (in parts) were getting addressed.
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Guys, they're not "bugs" they're "features"! :P
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wilkaast wrote: »
    Also the thing where you try to beam to ESD or DS9 and server just hangs up, or those big white bloated in many space maps, or when an ability is not triggered when you click a button, it goes on.

I hate Hanging at ESD! + I have space missions where none of the enemy ships load after my ship is destroyed and I respawn.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The list of bugs is a massive and growing one. Yes I think all they do is sit around creating new things to toss into the game, which in turn creates yet another bug to add to the already massive list of completely ignored bugs. Personally after this weeks "patch" notes release I have officially "fired" pwe and the dev team. I will no longer pay them a single cent until such time as they start doing the job the players pay them to do, not just a partial job (churning out bits and pieces). This was the primary reason I didnt buy into the LTS "money grab" promo they've been running. I say start fixing bugs and prove your worth and I'll consider spending some more money here. Until then, the wallet is closed.
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Hazard Emitters are still not cleaning debuffs properly throughout the duration, and the cleaning is not applied to allies.

Haven't noticed the White Time warp blobs, but there are a few still around.

The sub nuc doff is finally getting fixed.

Phaser procs are off balance and are shutting down shield systems more often than others...

Shall I go on? Those are the only ones that i have been complaining about, and that is because they affect my PVP game and the rest of my fleet. Well, What is left of PVP anyways.. Anymore bugs and I may have nothing left in this game but to beat the snot out of NPCS a thousand times and idly chat in ESD.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Get used to it... That's how it's been since beta, and thats how it will be until the servers are shut down.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • naffoffpwenaffoffpwe Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2012

That is because releasing new "features" (read lock box fluff) brings in cash, fixing the game doesn't (at least not directly - smart people realise that more people will play a bug free game and may therefore spend money in it).
    cormoran wrote: »
    Guys, they're not "bugs" they're "features"! :P

Correct! Just like the de-cloak bug (where your ship de-cloaks every time one of your BOffs talks to you), they decided it would be too difficult to fix, so called it a feature and "working as intended" (how it can be intended that talking to one of your BOffs causes your cloak to fail baffles me!).
    anazonda wrote: »
    Get used to it... That's how it's been since beta, and thats how it will be until the servers are shut down.

Quoted for truth.
    The user formerly known as DogsBody.
    Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If it's critical or if it's an exploit it will get fixed. If it's something happening from time to time, even if it's extremely annoying, be sure it'll never get fixed. eg:
    - defera invasion city hard zone
    - invisible ship bug
    - camera bugs in KAGE and in sector space
    - the exchange
    - bridge officer traits not working.

But if you find a glitch allowing you to create an alien char with a gorn head and a cat tail (ie something not annoying you and not breaking your game experience) you know it'll be fixed next week. That's how it works. :P
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    But if you find a glitch allowing you to create an alien char with a gorn head and a cat tail (ie something not annoying you and not breaking your game experience) you know it'll be fixed next week. That's how it works. :P

Welcome to free to play. Btw, I want that alien with a gorn head and ferasan tail. GIVE ME NAO!!!!
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to free to play. Btw, I want that alien with a gorn head and ferasan tail. GIVE ME NAO!!!!

Go make it... theres still a glitch that does it :)
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas