test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AA Busted Above 2x

jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I've been trying to figure out what the heck happened. No driver changes, no Windows Updates installed, etc. I haven't been in-game much at all over the past couple of weeks so I'm not too sure which patch to blame. This doesn't impact any of my other games but does for STO on Holodeck and Tribble. I didn't have these issues before when I was playing more regularly. My Radeon 7950 3GB was set in DX11 with 8x AA and the game ran smooth as anything. The only reason I never went for 16x is because it has been broken since the DX11 beta implementation and this also applies to DX9. I spent the past couple of days playing with all of the graphic settings in STO to narrow this down to the AntiAliasing. 8x now gives me 7 FPS when I was well over 100 previously. 4x now gives me the same 7 FPS also. When I set it to 2x or off, the framerate skyrockets into well beyond playable. So... What did your team do and when it it be fixed? Like I said, this applies to both DX11 and DX9 and I have also confirmed this on my notebook.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments