test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Corrupt Textures Since the 10/25 Patch

gmokmoudgmokmoud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Not sure where to put this...move it where you want.

Ever since the 10/25 patch, I'm getting game crashes constantly and they all are related to corrupt textures. That's what is in the small popup that is on my Desktop after my game CTD's.

I've reinstalled STO, I've let the Launcher "Force Verify"...nothing seems to stop it. I'm running the latest in all drivers, so there's no sense in even mentioning that.

I've put up with the constant disconnects in the middle of missions for the past couple of weeks...that's a nature of online gaming some times...but, this corrupt textures issue has caused me to lose my patience.
Post edited by gmokmoud on

Comments

• joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just got the same error while trying to leave my bridge, now i cant even open up the game. it just keeps saying patching everytime i try and get in
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    this needs to be fixed FAST. b/c i uninstalled and reinstalled. and i still cant play the game at all. just a black screen. fix this!
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • gmokmoudgmokmoud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The only thing I've found that is a temporary fix is to reboot my PC and start again. Even then, the corrupt texture crash will happen, it's just a matter of time. I've had it happen as soon as the game attempts to start, I've had it happen in the middle of STF missions, I've had it happen in the middle of Episode missions.

It's become a constant reboot, Force Verify and/or reinstall dance today. Up until the 10/25 patch....I had no problems whatsoever running STO.
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Delete the .hogg files from the C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\piggs folder and make sure your not using patch on demand (launcher options then disable it, enable safe mode aswell to set all game settings to minimal to test settings one by one till your happy with the performance and look.) as partial asset downloads can be an issue.

Another user had to down-clock their memory from 1600 to 1066 in their bios settings to get it working again; unless you know exactly what to do I do not recommend you try.

Some antivirus programs will corrupt the files on downloads so try a temp disable whilst playing/downloading the game and be sure the launcher.exe and gameclient.exe are set to run as admin, also make sure to defrag your harddisk and run a chkdisk for bad sectors.

This should cover all basses and just make sure things are running smoothly.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
    edited October 2012
    Did what you recommended with the .hogg files and with the launcher sequence, went through Safe mode and tried running at minimum settings....now, it's crashing even more rapidly.

:confused:
    edited October 2012
    I currently cannot run STO, a game that I am paying a subcription to.

Ever since the 10/25 patch, I continue to get a constant "corrupt texture" error message when the game crashes to my Desktop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times now, to no avail. The error keeps happening over and over.

I have run the game in Safe Mode and it crashed on me in the same manner. I have taken the suggestions of helpful forum members in an attempt to rectify my problem and none of these suggestions have helped. Whenever I click on the Support section of the STO website, I am presented with a generic FAQ that in no way addresses my problem. Whenever I attempt to click on the Contact tab, I get what used to be called a "404" error, meaning that section of the website was unreachable.

As someone that is paying a subscription to play a game that I am currently unable to play, ever since the 10/25 patch, it would be nice if I was able to report my problems to Perfect World/Cryptic in some sort of attempt to fix my problem. I can guarantee you that the renewal of my subscription isn't going to be a high priority as long as I'm not able to play the game I'm subscribing to.

This is nothing more than a total lack of disregard for paying members.