test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reputation System Buffs and Store

azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
For this thread, I like to focus exclusively on the Buffs and Equipment of the Reputation system.
Romulan wrote:

Tier 1: +3% Critical Chance (Ground) or +30 Weapon Proficency (Ground)
Tier 2: +3% Critical Chance (Space) or +30 Weapon Training (Space)
Tier 3: PSG Shield Heal or 20% Knockback Chance on Critical
Tier 4: Shield Heal (Space) or 5% Chance to Placate
Tier 5: +100 Science Boost for 5 Seconds.

First off, isn't Romulan weapons Disruptors, not Plasma weaponry? They leave anti-protons, so why not a type of Disruptor with a weak Antiproton ability that can be used to reduce stealth? Surely that would be a popular weapon to fight Hirogen and Jem'Hadar.

The Tier 5 Science Boost, might be useful at certain times, but would it really be beneficial with 5 seconds to act?

But the Tier 4 Placate, I have to question this ability. Why a placate proc? It sounds like something counterproductive to placate a target while shooting at it, with the intention to destroy. Was the idea to reduce threat? Because most people will likely continue firing, making such a proc not very useful.

I think this ability should be rethought. Perhaps a 5% chance to have a severe Plasma proc by plasma weaponry? (This gives players a reason to use Plasma weapons).

With the Romulan Tier 3, I have to question the knockback proc. Currently in the STFs, a knockback during pulls is rather unpopular. Only time it would be useful in pushing Borg away from Nodes in CGE, knocking the Borg into the Plasma in IGE or off the ledge in ETH. But in normal combat, it could be a rather annoying ability, especially in Ground PvP.

Perhaps replacing it with a disruptor burn effect that reduces a target's accuracy?
Borg: wrote:

Tier 1: +0.05% Regeneration (Ground) or +30 Weapon Proficency (Ground)
Tier 2: +0.05% Regeneration (Space) or +30 Weapon Training (Space)
Tier 3: Slow Borg Adaptation Ability or PSG Shield Regeneration
Tier 4: 5% Chance to Placate or Shield Regeneration (Ship)
Tier 5: Medical Nanite

Given the Romulan abilities, the first thing I have to question is these abilities only for Borg and Romulans or they are permanent power boosts? Because that could mean a player could stack Weapon abilities for a total of +60 in both space and on the ground.

And given Tier 3, I think players would likely spend points on Shield Regeneration since it would be useful for anytime (unless this only works in borg zones).

Tier 4, another placate ability, which with the Romulan Placate could mean %10 proc (unless there is somekind of diminishing return). So what could that mean for both PvP and PvE with such an ability?

Tier 5: Free Medical Nanites sounds like quite a nice tool. But what of ramifications in Ground PvP? Or perhaps it could make PvE easy (even on Elite?)

As for the Omega store, why is there no Borg DOFFs from the old STF Store? Why not Borg Medical Kit (yes I know you can get them still in Terrordrome)? Why not new kits that adds to the STF sets as backpacks? Surely a new Tactical and Engineering Kits would be very welcome.

And why no Borg Bat'elth? Is this weapon meant to be just a relic of the past? :(

But the biggest question of all. Are Reputation Choices 1-time or will we have somekind of retrait ability if we happen to choose wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well, the Placate Proc is only on a critical hit, so even you if max out your crit chance, its still pretty rare. Seems like a way to put a small dent in Enemy DPS to me.

The Shield Regen vs Slower Borg Adaptation doesn't seem like a no brainer to me. Four points of shield regen per second is basically only a -4 to -10 (if you're got lots of Shield DR buffs) to enemy DPS. Ground DPS can get *really* high compared to ground health, so I don't see it as a must take. I wouldn't notice it (I already don't notice differences in Shield Regen mods on Armor and Shields), so for me, I would take slower adaptation since I would notice that (cause it does happen where Borg will adapt in the minimum time required for both your energy types).

I agree on the knockback. Its not something I want as a random effect.

About Weapon Proficiency. I only have the numbers for space, but +60 Weapons Skill is +15ish % base damage. So about 3-4% total damage. Its nice, but getting +3% crit, +30 Weapons Training is also really tempting.

Also, I did not realize the Borg Medical kits still dropped in TerrorDrome. Looks like I have to start running that mission.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, it still drops, though rare. Only reason to do Terrordrome these days, since it's been abandoned.

And I agree that that Crit + Weapon boost seems interesting.

I forgot to have this in my OP, but I also question that with the Borg Theme, why they didn't include somekind of Assmilation resistance? Given how fast assimilation is, I think people would've like the chance to slow it down enough to inject the cure without the need to have it hotkeyed.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If there are 2 reputations, and one is the old stf omega/honor visuals, what visuals are on the other ?

I actually like the other faction's stf armor, in my case kling, I like their superman cape and shotgun nade launcher however I am still upset there are no new items :cool:

See I already have shield heals, I already have knockdown ability, I already have critical hits.

I tanked elite stf ground second I came on lev. 50 in all green being a rook tank - and it was easy.
    There ain't nothing that's going to elvate my game in the slightest not even visually it could be +30,000 billion ^57 to knockdown and it would make no difference
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wait, you can get the medical nanites on any char? I thought the T5 reward was related to career. Well, if everyone can use nanites now, I don't know why I should join any stf with a science char... :(
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    If there are 2 reputations, and one is the old stf omega/honor visuals, what visuals are on the other ?

I actually like the other faction's stf armor, in my case kling, I like their superman cape and shotgun nade launcher however I am still upset there are no new items :cool:

See I already have shield heals, I already have knockdown ability, I already have critical hits.

I tanked elite stf ground second I came on lev. 50 in all green being a rook tank - and it was easy.
    There ain't nothing that's going to elvate my game in the slightest not even visually it could be +30,000 billion ^57 to knockdown and it would make no difference

They put the Romulan visuals on the Fleet Embassy.
    edited October 2012
    Because we so god damned sexy is why

But yeah some of us do actually go dps before the optional is lost you know :D

/edit
    They put the Romulan visuals on the Fleet Embassy.

What do you mean, the other set is the "embassy set" meaning the other faction's stf gear ?

So the 2 armors you get are your own old one and the others' old one ?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Wait, you can get the medical nanites on any char? I thought the T5 reward was related to career. Well, if everyone can use nanites now, I don't know why I should join any stf with a science char... :(
    There's a difference. The new ability has a 10 minute CD. you can't use it as often.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited October 2012
    There's a difference. The new ability has a 10 minute CD. you can't use it as often.

but it gives 15k HP. If you allow the Borg to deal such an amount of damage in less than 5 minutes there's something wrong in your STF. And 5 people can get it, so you can run it every two minutes. They just brought a god mode to STO... :(

And of course tac initiative will severly lower the CD on it. When I told you it was a god mode...

I guess that one more time it's not been tested with 5 guys chaining it.

So, if you test this with 5 tacs chaining tac initiative you'll end up seeing that this heal shouldn't give more than 500 or so hp at most, since regular drones barely hit your hp anyway. Even nerfed to 500 hp it can save and auto res one guy every minute or so with such a team. That already makes playing stfs a joke.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
    edited October 2012
    Because we so god damned sexy is why

But yeah some of us do actually go dps before the optional is lost you know :D

/edit

What do you mean, the other set is the "embassy set" meaning the other faction's stf gear ?

So the 2 armors you get are your own old one and the others' old one ?

No. I mean the Romulan costume unlock is embassy rather than rep. It comes with the tailor.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    <deleted>
    ;)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited October 2012
    No. I mean the Romulan costume unlock is embassy rather than rep. It comes with the tailor.

I still don't get it, the romulan costume is called embassy or it unlocks the embassy building/game mode and what comes with the tailor

/edit

What I am asking is how many costumes are there and what are they

/edit

So that it's

1. omega

2. cross dressing in either maco or honorguard (embassy) ?
  • tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »

Well, I do STFs with my science character for such fun as the Physicist Kit, which is very useful. In many ways I feel more useful with that kit than I do using my Tac. Plus, whilst it's a nice one-time use (though you're right, testing with 5x Tactical Initiative would be prudent, particularly for PvP), the Medic kit still has much more niceness and is most useful when you have to solo an STF boss. Would a team of tacs be able to do that easily without the short cooldown heals the kit gives you?

Tim

Edit:
    I still don't get it, the romulan costume is called embassy or it unlocks the embassy building/game mode and what comes with the tailor

/edit

/edit

So that it's

1. omega

What he's saying is that Omega reputation unlocks the Omega/MACO/KHG visuals (including the new costumes for the opposite faction adapted versions that are being introduced at T5 Reputation). Romulan Reputation unlocks no extra visuals, but your Fleet's Embassy has a tailor project to unlock a Romulan costume option, which is obviously only something that you can buy at your Fleet starbase (unless the Embassy also comes with a Tailor).
  • archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just a few notes.
    Tier 1: +3% Critical Chance (Ground) or +30 Weapon Proficency (Ground)
    Tier 2: +3% Critical Chance (Space) or +30 Weapon Training (Space)

There's a display bug on Tribble right now that's indicating that you'll get +30 Weapon Proficiency or Weapon Training from some of the Romulan options. These are incorrect; the alternatives to Crit Chance are Personal Shield Systems and Starship Shields Systems.
    Tier 4: 5% Chance to Placate or Shield Regeneration (Ship)

The 5% Placate here is a bug - that was there as a placeholder. The alternative to Shield Regeneration is actually a 2.5% chance for your energy weapons to proc Kinetic damage with 100% shield penetration.
    First off, isn't Romulan weapons Disruptors, not Plasma weaponry?

Within the scope of STO, Romulans are intended to primarily use Plasma weapons. We're also adding Plasma/Disruptor hybrid weapons to the Romulan reputation system, and some NPCs may be retrofitted to use these.
    But the Tier 4 Placate, I have to question this ability. Why a placate proc? It sounds like something counterproductive to placate a target while shooting at it, with the intention to destroy. Was the idea to reduce threat? Because most people will likely continue firing, making such a proc not very useful.

Unlike Jam Sensors, this Placate proc isn't fragile, meaning you won't break it from dealing more damage.
    As for the Omega store, why is there no Borg DOFFs from the old STF Store?

We'll be re-implementing these eventually, but they won't be in right at launch.
    I think this ability should be rethought. Perhaps a 5% chance to have a severe Plasma proc by plasma weaponry? (This gives players a reason to use Plasma weapons).

One of the new suites of consoles available in the Romulan reputation system has a function similar to this. It essentially adds a Plasma proc to non-Plasma space weapons, and if you're already using Plasma space weapons it increases their raw damage. This is in addition to having other functions, such as science stat bonuses.
    Given the Romulan abilities, the first thing I have to question is these abilities only for Borg and Romulans or they are permanent power boosts? Because that could mean a player could stack Weapon abilities for a total of +60 in both space and on the ground.

These are always on - they work much like investing skill points. That said, the fact that there are two powers displaying weapon skill is a bug. Sorry about that.
    Tier 4, another placate ability, which with the Romulan Placate could mean %10 proc (unless there is somekind of diminishing return). So what could that mean for both PvP and PvE with such an ability?

As mentioned earlier, this is a bug. There shouldn't be any duplicate abilities; some of these were still placeholder when the patch went to Tribble. Sorry about the confusion.
    Free Medical Nanites sounds like quite a nice tool. But what of ramifications in Ground PvP? Or perhaps it could make PvE easy (even on Elite?)

We are closely monitoring feedback from both our internal QA department and public testers on the balance of these abilities. The tier 5 abilities are intended to be powerful, but they shouldn't be game breaking.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    one Of The New Suites Of Consoles Available In The Romulan Reputation System Has A Function Similar To This. It Essentially Adds A Plasma Proc To Non-plasma Space Weapons, And If You're Already Using Plasma Space Weapons It Increases Their Raw Damage. This Is In Addition To Having Other Functions, Such As Science Stat Bonuses.

Infinite Amount Of Want.
    edited October 2012

/edit

/edit

So that it's

1. omega

When your fleet does the embassy, at Tier 3, they can add a tailor.

If they add the tailor, the tailor will sell you a Romulan clothing set for dilithium.
    edited October 2012
    We are closely monitoring feedback from both our internal QA department and public testers on the balance of these abilities. The tier 5 abilities are intended to be powerful, but they shouldn't be game breaking.

Well I didn't test it yet but as it is it should be. 15k heal is far more than any stf team should need, auto res makes dying meaningless, and 5 tacs (the most common career in game) should make the 10' CD a joke. They could theorically spam it every minute or so. Does any team need 15k hp per minute? What's the meaning of elite instances if you can just do whatever you want with an almost unlimited passive (cause once you've started it you don't even need to click it) heal? :confused:
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I assume we get our choice of Tier 5 ability and not just a space science buff or medical nanites.
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited October 2012
    all these things that impact pvp in potentally huge ways....

yet not a single pvp thing can be done to earn them?

wtf?
  • traptpatriottraptpatriot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

wtf?

If your only reason for playing STO is PvP, you really need to pick another game lol. PvP is bad here, this game is setup more for PvE.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

wtf?

this stuff is going to turn pvp upside down, the gap between extreme and baseline grows yet again :(
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    With the Romulan Tier 3, I have to question the knockback proc. Currently in the STFs, a knockback during pulls is rather unpopular. Only time it would be useful in pushing Borg away from Nodes in CGE, knocking the Borg into the Plasma in IGE or off the ledge in ETH. But in normal combat, it could be a rather annoying ability, especially in Ground PvP.

Yea i could see a full team focusing on the knockback to be quiete an issue... 30% chance to crit on ground with buffs and gambler and a 20% chance to knockback and thats before consumables and weapon crit chances even, a full team doing that could be mega annoying. Makes me wonder if theres some immunity to that knockback in place like for rifle butt. Any chance you could say something about the knockback archon?

Im also wondering about the 50% chance of a shield heal on taking a crit.. that sounds like a really powerful ability.. with its +151 shields its like +40% filling shields, crits on ground happen quiete frequently if theres not some cooldown-debuff in place (like with the borg-space set shield heal proc) this could totally nerf fast firing weapons in ground pvp.. i.e. omega carbine.

Quick question... will we have enough time to level it up on tribble before it hits holodeck?

Especially grinding those omega marks on tribble seem to be a pain.. not many people play stfs there regularly.. wouldn't you guys get a lot more feedback on it if you add some testing-npc on tribble that levels testing toons reputation up at some point?

Same with the new kits btw.. would be cool to get some chance testing em to give some feedback before they hit holodeck.. not sure if theres enough time to grind the embassy up in time.

Im also wondering if theres any sort of respec option planed yet for those reputation choices.. or if we are going to be stuck with what we choose forever.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There's a display bug on Tribble right now that's indicating that you'll get +30 Weapon Proficiency or Weapon Training from some of the Romulan options. These are incorrect; the alternatives to Crit Chance are Personal Shield Systems and Starship Shields Systems

The 5% Placate here is a bug - that was there as a placeholder. The alternative to Shield Regeneration is actually a 2.5% chance for your energy weapons to proc Kinetic damage with 100% shield penetration.

Placeholders huh, had everyone fooled thinking these were the effects going in. Perhaps you can say "Placeholder" or something like ??? in the future as not to confuse testers.

And you sure 2.5% chance of a shield bypass proc is a smart thing? Remember the original AP weapons having such a thing and really caused a mess in PvP that resulted in them becoming +Crit weapons.

Within the scope of STO, Romulans are intended to primarily use Plasma weapons. We're also adding Plasma/Disruptor hybrid weapons to the Romulan reputation system, and some NPCs may be retrofitted to use these.

I can understand for the diversity, but remember Star Trek canon clearly says Romulans use Disruptors and Plasma Torpedoes as their main weaponry.
    Unlike Jam Sensors, this Placate proc isn't fragile, meaning you won't break it from dealing more damage.

Isn't that a rather powerful ability, especially in PvP?
    We'll be re-implementing these eventually, but they won't be in right at launch.

Good to hear.
    One of the new suites of consoles available in the Romulan reputation system has a function similar to this. It essentially adds a Plasma proc to non-Plasma space weapons, and if you're already using Plasma space weapons it increases their raw damage. This is in addition to having other functions, such as science stat bonuses.

Hmm, similar to the Tetryon Glider. Interesting.

Unfortunately, we can't test something that can't be accessed since that is a Tier 5 ability and would take months to access it. And this ability does appear to be extremely powerful.

Also be nice if there was a choice depending on profession.
  • fakehilbertfakehilbert Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So... will we get an option to unlock all tiers of the rep system on tribble for testing?
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    that. really on tribble every thing should be free so we can actually get the items to see if they are broken or not.

it's not like we needed to test the system as it's just the starbase system watered down
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,238 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just a few notes.
    The 5% Placate here is a bug - that was there as a placeholder. The alternative to Shield Regeneration is actually a 2.5% chance for your energy weapons to proc Kinetic damage with 100% shield penetration..
    Any chance you could add that to torpedo/mine weapons? It would be nice if torpedo boats could do some extra Kinetic damage when shields are up. Why use torps if energy weapons do Kinetic to hull when shields are up only perhaps with a 10% proc due to slow fire rate? It seems energy builds get the best of both worlds with this change while we torpdeo boats lose out.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just a few notes.

There's a display bug
    display bug.... where have i heard that before....., right him who shall not be named unless your on a podcast
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So... will we get an option to unlock all tiers of the rep system on tribble for testing?
    now hilbert don't be silly, that would actually make sense :)
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited October 2012

You do realize that this is in contrast with both your own portrayal of Romulan NPCs so far (all known NPCs use disruptors, and all ships larger than a Scorpion use plasma torpedoes, but ONLY torpedoes) AND canon?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited October 2012
    When your fleet does the embassy, at Tier 3, they can add a tailor.

If they add the tailor, the tailor will sell you a Romulan clothing set for dilithium.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

So there is actually a new romulan set ? Anyone seen it ?

One more though: :P

Does my fleet have to do 3 tiers AFTER season 7 or we talking a fleet that is on tier 3 can start the embassy project in season 7 ?

I guess what I am asking is how much work is involved

My fleet has to do 3 embassy tiers and then a special project for the tailor and I have to do 5 tiers of romulan rep ?

Also can you obtain weapons from the other faction ? Fed -> kling and vice versa
  • ebonyteviloebonytevilo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just a few notes.

Within the scope of STO, Romulans are intended to primarily use Plasma weapons... and NPCs may be retrofitted to use these.

Pain so much pain...

Why do you hurt me ans Star Trek?