What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 19, 2012

Comments

• Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    • A personal project can be thought of as a Fleet Project for a single person.
      • There are some minor differences that will be noted.
    • These projects are selected, slotted, and contributed to by the player
    • All projects have a set construction time that must be completed before the rewards are given and the next project can begin.

Kinda worried about this :(

*WARNING: personal opinion incoming, this is not a fact or statement; just an opinion!*

I was hoping for something fresh and new, not a rehash of the fleet system which personally I've gotten completely bored of :o, so much grind, requirements, and time required to clear missions, time required to gain exp, bigger gaps with no increase to exp gain... its just such a big killjoy to me :(

*WARNING alert over*

But hey, worth taking a look i guess?
    ^.^'...
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Will we be able to scrutinize all the Reputation Passives and Click Powers up front? I want to be able to plan instead of picking and choosing as I go along.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The STF reward tables were updated for this push and they contain all the omega marks and elite marks you should get. When they were updated the dilithium was inadvertently removed as a flat reward. They will be back in a release next week.

You can earn dilithium just from the run, as well as from turning in elite marks if you so choose.

So in what all ways can we get Dilithium from running STFs? Sounds like you're saying we can turn Marks into Dilithium as well as getting a flat reward from Elite STFs? And are Elite STFs the only way to get Dilithium out of STFs in any way now?

Just making sure your and Brandon's comments are in-line that Elite STFs are the only Dilithium source from STFs.
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The STF reward tables were updated for this push and they contain all the omega marks and elite marks you should get. When they were updated the dilithium was inadvertently removed as a flat reward. They will be back in a release next week.

You can earn dilithium just from the run, as well as from turning in elite marks if you so choose.

Thank you for clarifying! My fears were unjustified.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2012

*WARNING: personal opinion incoming, this is not a fact or statement; just an opinion!*

I was hoping for something fresh and new, not a rehash of the fleet system which personally I've gotten completely bored of :o, so much grind, requirements, and time required to clear missions, time required to gain exp, bigger gaps with no increase to exp gain... its just such a big killjoy to me :(

*WARNING alert over*

^.^'...

Actually, the Fleet Embassy is just another form of Fleet Holding. Starbases were the first holding and were never planned to be the only holding.

So yes, in a way it's a rehash. But it's more an addition than a rehash.
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited October 2012

*WARNING alert over*

^.^'...

That's the spirit! I'm also kinda like "blah, rehash of the fleet system." But in a way, that's kinda good for those of us who are in fleets that take a few days to kick off a project (and we lack the things to contribute to it, but have other stuff). Or for those of us who are in a fleet which always seems to have all its projects going and we're never able to contribute to them.
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    cers001 wrote: »
    How long do you think the foundry will be down for after season 7 launch?

I'm worried about this too, hopefully not too long.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    [*]New Captain Powers
    • Across the five tiers of progression players will unlock a choice between two new abilities at each tier.
      • The first four tiers offer a choice between two powers to the player.
        • The passive can be space OR ground.
      • The fifth tier offers a new click or passive power to players.
        • The click/passive power will be space OR ground.

Wait does this mean we are esentially picking another 4 'traits' in a way? (traits are still 'passives right), then 1 power?

Also curious as to whether a captain's profession effects said choices?
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes, People who's skills aren't up to Elites will do that. People who can steamroll elites (Its doable, I just did all 3 grounds with a good group in less than an hour, and When I say Steamrolled, I mean it; It was non stop forward movement, obliterating Borg as we went) will continue to play Elite.

Content difficulty exists for a reason.

In the right group, I can steamroll it. In the wrong group, I can't.

I really think the ideal for MMOs is interacting with random strangers a lot in addition to a core group of friends and get frustrated when PuGs are half-heartedly supported by design objectives. And for what? For Achiever Bartle types who make up a minority of the playerbase?
  • Options
    diafpwediafpwe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    finies wrote: »
    Can't really tell yet , but looks like the reputation system is gonna be alot of work with with very little return .. little sheepish about this.

Season 7's theme seems to be MegaGrind with MicroReward and is rapidly hurtling toward go have fun in another game by another company.
  • Options
    partizan81partizan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Aaaaaaaaand the STO community audibly sighs collectively in relief. Very good news indeed!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012

*WARNING alert over*

^.^'...
    I think CxP is a better analogy. It takea a lot of time and effort to get to teir 4 in all the CxP categories.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    partizan81partizan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    So in what all ways can we get Dilithium from running STFs? Sounds like you're saying we can turn Marks into Dilithium as well as getting a flat reward from Elite STFs? And are Elite STFs the only way to get Dilithium out of STFs in any way now?

Just making sure your and Brandon's comments are in-line that Elite STFs are the only Dilithium source from STFs.

If I'm understanding Salami's comments correctly, the flat 480 (I think it's 480 for normals?)/flat 1100 for Elites will remain. So regardless of optionals or Elite marks, you'll still get your Dilithium per run. However, instead of chance-based salvage drops in either Normal or Elite that can be currently turned in for additional dilithium, instead (in Elite only, mind you) you'll get a guaranteed-drop Elite mark which can be used for either gear or more dilithium.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited October 2012

*WARNING alert over*

^.^'...

Think of it this way:

The DOFF system is kind of the flip-side system of the Personal Advancement system in how they basically work -
    • DOFF system requires mainly returnable inputs and give you rewards - Resource Gen.
    • PA system requires non-returnable inputs and gives you rewards - Resource Sink.
    Together those two systems have pairty and obviously the rewards from the DOFF system should be some of the inputs for the PA system to allow for "item-flow through"

Now what stands out in this whole thing??? The Fleet System does not have the same parity. It only serves as a resource sink. What could the next "Big Eng-game System" be???? How about a "Fleet Officer System" Why not have a large system analogous to the DOFF system where fleet members temporarily assign their DOFFs for the betterment of their fleet?? This is kind of what we thought we were getting in the first place. The beneficial side effect is that Cryptic will have to rethink their currency system. Where do the 50 provisions go that my DOFFs got for the fleet and how is a reward tracked?

For this go back to my proposal to create a "personal cargo hold" which is simply a jazzed up DOFF Cargo Hold and Bank system where you "deposit/withdraw". Now in addition to players having one of these to reduce inventory clutter, the fleet has one in their UI to reduce inventory clutter.

Back to the "Fleet Officer System", so I did the mission and got 50 provisions, I get X amount of Fleet Credits, the 50 provisions then populate in the "Starbase Cargo Hold". When a Fleet mission is queued that requires provisions, the amount in the "Starbase Cargo Hold" autopopulates it and no one gets Fleet Credits for it because you already got your Fleet Credits for the initial mission.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20121012a.6

NEW- The Vault Defense: 5- Man
    NEW - Azure Nebula Rescue: 5 Man
    NEW - Mining Colony Evacuation: 20 Man
    Starbase Fleet Defense: 20-Man
    Starbase Blockade: 5-Man
    Fleet Alerts: 5-Man
    No Win Scenario: 5-Man
    Colony Rescue: 5-Man

Is there anything new a player who is not in a team can do solo? Anything at all?
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is there anything new a player who is not in a team can do solo? Anything at all?

They've been trying to force people together since Season 4, when they realized that this was the most non-multiplayer MMO on the market. So, in short, no. And if one of the people decides to troll your team and TRIBBLE everything up, you're S-O-L.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Doesn't look like it.

Also, why has no movement been made to simply offer a fleet mark reward to the old "Fleet Actions" and/or fix the broken ones: Starbase 24 Ground, Crystaline Entity, Gelki Feeding Grounds?? It cannot be hard to add 50-100 FMs as a reward as you did it for the Foundry Wrapper mission pretty quickly.
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Id love to test this... but it seems that STO is still closed for maintenence... yet I see other people posting about it.
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    you know what I'd like to see return. DS9 Under Siege.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    icegavel wrote: »
    They've been trying to force people together since Season 4, when they realized that this was the most non-multiplayer MMO on the market. So, in short, no. And if one of the people decides to troll your team and TRIBBLE everything up, you're S-O-L.

I would add it that it is also one of the most anti-social because it lacks a good social system, social classes, and strong class inter-dependency. The only thing they did have was BOFF training for class inter-dependency. As it is now, we have no reason to seek out other players, even the queue system promotes this. Most other games solve this issue with a more detailed crafting system (i.e. you seek out great weapon or armorsmiths because you need those things). The social aspect of this game is also hampered by the myriad of instances thus fragmenting the cohesion of the community even further.
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I own a Apple IPad 2, and your website doesn't respond well to Safari. An example is the headers on the main page do not respond as an Hyper-link, is this going to be fixed? It would be awesome to use on Safari.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Half-hopeful query: Will the elite marks give us REFINED dilithium?

/hope

Well, probably not.

*imagines his response if he was wrong :eek:*

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just tried to use the fleet transwarp power back to our starbase from the orelius sector and it did not work and now my ship is invisible. the warp out animation happened and the ship disappeared but i did not go anywhere.

• Options
    greathandlergreathandler Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How do you get into the new Romulan Block, I don't seem to be able to find a way in.
  • Options
    salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012

There will be solo content coming with another patch. New Romulus is all solo plus one boff, though you can team if you choose. There are also 5 man instances that you can run with 4 boffs instead of 4 other people if you choose.
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited October 2012
    Just some things I've noticed:
    -All my friends are missing.
    -All my joined channels are gone.
    -I don't seem to be able to send tells.
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This season is suppose to be about story missions coming back i better see some and not just some romulan "adventure" zone (defera clone) and stf type missions. Come on we were promised story missions like when the game came out u know the missions u do from 1-50. More of these is what was suppose to be coming.

When will the content that was promised be coming on tribble?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There will be solo content coming with another patch. New Romulus is all solo plus one boff, though you can team if you choose. There are also 5 man instances that you can run with 4 boffs instead of 4 other people if you choose.

Ok that's awesome, Its been forever since I've had to use my groud Boffs. I almost forgot what they look like.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just ran a normal STF to get some Omega Marks and it went swimmingly and awarded a nice amount of marks, and since I read the patch notes I was expecting the lack of dilithium. On the other hand the lack of a personal loot bag at the end of the match was an unpleasant surprise. Did the same bug/error/whatever that killed the dilithium rewards also kill the loot bags or will they no longer be dropping at all?
  • Options
    as7rayas7ray Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is it me or every single destructible projectile I launch gives me a temp. boost in all power levels.