test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

EV suits - change to reclaimable 5-pack?

sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
700 Zen is really quite steep for a single, unreclaimable character-bound C-store EV suit.

Perhaps the following changes could be implemented?:

- Make the initial 700 Zen purchase give out a crate of five EV suits with the same stats.

- Suits remain character bound, but would allow for equipping of away teams in the lead up to a potential Tholian FE series.

- If a player discards any number of suits, they should be able to reclaim at no further cost up to a maximum of five per character.

- Owners of the existing single-item suit can also claim the remaining four suits through this method.

Thoughts?
Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The best option for the Federation and KDF EVA suit would be to make it not an EVA suit per se, but a costume option that changes the appearance of whatever EVA suit you're wearing.

An account-wide costume option, of course.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The best option for the Federation and KDF EVA suit would be to make it not an EVA suit per se, but a costume option that changes the appearance of whatever EVA suit you're wearing.

An account-wide costume option, of course.

Ideally, I'd prefer your suggestion over mine - it's the same model as the Starfleet Academy and standard Jupiter uniforms.

In practice, the devs have stated that they want the Fed and KDF suit appearances to only be on these exclusive C-store items.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sumghai wrote: »
    Ideally, I'd prefer your suggestion over mine - it's the same model as the Starfleet Academy and standard Jupiter uniforms.

In practice, the devs have stated that they want the Fed and KDF suit appearances to only be on these exclusive C-store items.

I don't see why. It's not as if the C-store EVA is better than the ones you can get for free. You can get traits like [crth], [regsh], [reghp] on the ones that drop. Arguably they're better, they just look like TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I don't see why. It's not as if the C-store EVA is better than the ones you can get for free. You can get traits like [crth], [regsh], [reghp] on the ones that drop. Arguably they're better, they just look like TRIBBLE.
    I suppose it's an attempt at not making C-store items "I Win" buttons, although it's a bit of a stretch in logic.