test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holograms Get Ill?

freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
I just noticed that in my DOFF mission: Contain Outbreak of Kamaraazite Flu, I am required to offer a Doctor, and four other of any DOFF for the mission.

I assume that the Outbreak has affected these other four DOFFs, and that my Doctor must work to cure them.

The funny thing that I noticed is that for my other DOFFs, I can assign holograms along with the Doctor... therefore I am assuming that my Holograms have gotten ill ;)

Kinda weird hehe. Would this be considered an HTD?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just noticed that in my DOFF mission: Contain Outbreak of Kamaraazite Flu, I am required to offer a Doctor, and four other of any DOFF for the mission.

I assume that the Outbreak has affected these other four DOFFs, and that my Doctor must work to cure them.

The funny thing that I noticed is that for my other DOFFs, I can assign holograms along with the Doctor... therefore I am assuming that my Holograms have gotten ill ;)

Kinda weird hehe. Would this be considered an HTD?

Star Trek was full of all sorts of wierd things that shouldn't effect something/someone, but does...
    Season1 Episode 2 ST:TNG, everyone gets the "drunk" sickness, even Data...

Not that I'm complaining. That episode does provide some valueable information like how Data was "fully functional" abd "versed in multiple techniques", which just so happened to be what Tasha Yar was looking for.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
    edited October 2012
    Well, I would figure that if a Hologram got a virus... then a Doctor probably would not be the one who would fix 'em ;-)

"Dammit, Jim, I am a Doctor not a Photonics Officer!"
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well, I would figure that if a Hologram got a virus... then a Doctor probably would not be the one who would fix 'em ;-)

"Dammit, Jim, I am a Doctor not a Photonics Officer!"

Ya, but in the case of Data, it was the Doctor that cured everyone, including Data.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've had both my holographic DOffs and my exocomp sent to sickbay following a risky assignment.

I assume to supervise... :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There was one episode the Doctor did get sick, but he programmed the sickness into his subroutines.

So if a Hologram gets sick, it's literally a computer virus.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I once had a photonic doctor treat a photonic sensors officer for a leg fracture.

Musta been hell of a conversation. :P
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Doctor has "infected" himself with the 29-hour Levodian flu to prove a point to Kes, who is worried he is unable to feel compassion for the patients he treats.

This is a hologram getting sick.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've had both my holographic DOffs and my exocomp sent to sickbay following a risky assignment.

I assume to supervise... :cool:

I assume their AI is so advanced, they mimick symptoms.

I do love when my exocomp starts a bar fight.
  • Options
    cooperblack1cooperblack1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I love sending my exocomp on diplomatic missions because they excel at that.. "Bliiip wriiiivw blip blip".
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Janeway "Doctor you don't look well"

Doctor "Im sorry captain I uploaded Windows 8"
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No more odd than my android breaking a bone on Elite...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you think that this is bad, I had a 'Disaster' on one of the Gamma Quadrant experiment chains. I believe it was the one where the ketracel white-derived stimulant was tested.

The holodoc died. Never mind why he was able to test it in the first place.

Ever since then I've been pretty leery about the stuff I've seen in fleet banks. If it can kill a hologram if it's made wrong, what'll it do to ME?
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I always thought on those missions the other 3 doffs where just there to help the doctor. since they all sound like they are on planets.