test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possibility of Perfect World Merchant account being compromised (FALSE)

uncharted2420uncharted2420 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
Yesterday when i logged in; I got this email from the leader of my fleet

"I was just informed by a member that he received a call from his bank and was notified that "Perfect World's Merchant Account has been comprimised. People are trying to purchase Zen with this information. This members bank informed him all Credit Card number retained by Perfect World were compromised. They are actually sending him a new card and cancelled his account. Please keep an eye on your account or accounts that you use to purchase zen in game. If you notice any charges that you did not make, I would contact your bank ASAP.

If I hear of any more information I will pass it along to you.

Adm. Five"

And yet PWE hasn't sent any emails about it; I'm on the line with my bank trying to figure out whether or not it's true and if the guy who warned the head of my fleet has the same bank that i do; I will be upset.

I've tried to get in touch with support and account billing but every time i try when I use Firefox i get:

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

As for Internet Explorer...that loading icon for it just continued endlessly so i can pretty much say that it's not redirecting properly. and it's the same thing for "Contact us" As for my other browsers of Opera, Maxthon and Cometbird...it's an educated guess that the other browsers will tell me the same thing.

I don't know why no one at PWE Will send an email validating it as a bank wouldn't call a customer over this and tell them that their card's been compromised because of this place and then issue a new card just for fun. because if it's valid and true; then my bank and i are going to have a long talk

And I don't want to hear speculation, i want definitive proof either confirming or denying it, not more words... PROOF!
Post edited by uncharted2420 on

Comments

• dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As an Avid PWE Customer.. and someone who has spent a hefty load on Zen.. I have yet to Actually see PWE get TRIBBLE. I HAVE SEEN the sources that people use to Get Zen.. aka Outside Merchants that get attached to Pwe TRIBBLE.. Aka Paypal and whatever the hell the EU uses to get Zen.

So I would ask.. Was it directly Perfect World.. Or a third party resource he uses?
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The use of the words "Merchant Account" suggests to me PayPal. Sounds like PWE's PayPal account is the one compromised.
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yesterday when i logged in; I got this email from the leader of my fleet

"I was just informed by a member that he received a call from his bank and was notified that "Perfect World's Merchant Account has been comprimised. People are trying to purchase Zen with this information. This members bank informed him all Credit Card number retained by Perfect World were compromised. They are actually sending him a new card and cancelled his account. Please keep an eye on your account or accounts that you use to purchase zen in game. If you notice any charges that you did not make, I would contact your bank ASAP.

If I hear of any more information I will pass it along to you.

Adm. Five"

And yet PWE hasn't sent any emails about it; I'm on the line with my bank trying to figure out whether or not it's true and if the guy who warned the head of my fleet has the same bank that i do; I will be upset.

I've tried to get in touch with support and account billing but every time i try when I use Firefox i get:

The page isn't redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

As for Internet Explorer...that loading icon for it just continued endlessly so i can pretty much say that it's not redirecting properly. and it's the same thing for "Contact us" As for my other browsers of Opera, Maxthon and Cometbird...it's an educated guess that the other browsers will tell me the same thing.

I don't know why no one at PWE Will send an email validating it as a bank wouldn't call a customer over this and tell them that their card's been compromised because of this place and then issue a new card just for fun. because if it's valid and true; then my bank and i are going to have a long talk

And I don't want to hear speculation, i want definitive proof either confirming or denying it, not more words... PROOF!

This happened to me too when I used the Skrill option to pay for Zen. My number was used right outside London, in city called Croydon. Skrill is located in London.

I had to cancel my credit card, refute the charge and wait until a new card was received.

Needless to say, I stopped using Skrill and have used Google Wallet ever since as PayPal sucks and I can't get money to them in a timely manner. They say you can charge your debit card on the site, but the only options I had to get money into my Paypal account was via debit from my checking account, which takes 3-5 days. Unacceptable!

It may or may not be a coincidence that Skrill is located in London and my card was used just a few miles away in Croydon.

EDIT: I'm shutting this down because the rumor is false. There has been nothing compromised. -BranFlakes

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
This discussion has been closed.