Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: October 2012

12346»

Comments

• Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With the detailed release of the Vesta which Im looking forward to, will you be making a a counterpart ship for the KDF and can you make the Ablative Generator available to all fed ships or all ships since the Vesta gets a powerful shield. Also will you be improving the other ships that came before e.g regent class since that and other ships needs to be redone. All of this work done to the vesta should of also been done to all ships, new and old. Will redo the sovereign class refit and other ships please, devs?
  • Options
    mardjainsto2mardjainsto2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is there a possibility that there is going to be a cool warp feature, like the one in star trek voyager when species 8472 fires a weapon at voyager. they are hit, but then they warp away. you could do some kind of emergency warp. Then you don't go to sector space but you move out of range of the attacking vessel. like 40 km or something. it can be activated every 10 minutes. so when you activate this ability, the ship waits for an energy weapon to be fired on the ship.

i find this a cool feature!
  • Options
    gucky20gucky20 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You said that there isn't a chance that there will never come a mac version of the game. but still it wil be cool so....... is there a chance in a near future that there will be a free mac version so that trekkies who have a mac can play the game?

Now you have to download wineskin or a other app or run Boothcamp to play it
  • Options
    endafreshendafresh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gucky20 wrote: »
    You said that there isn't a chance that there will never come a mac version of the game. but still it wil be cool so....... is there a chance in a near future that there will be a free mac version so that trekkies who have a mac can play the game?

Now you have to download wineskin or a other app or run Boothcamp to play it

Gaming on a Mac...*insert 'let me laugh harder' video here*. It is only slightly less useful than trying to do 'gaming on linux' unless you like almost-exclusively indie and homebrew titles. Or if you play Unreal-Engine games exclusively.

Mac was never designed for gaming and the audience for actual mac computers is still infinitely smaller than the costs associated with creating and maintaining an entirely separate version with unique coding in a F2P game.

I wouldn't get yer hopes up.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lol,

What I have summed up from reading this thread.

Nearly 99% of the player base who use the forums dislike where the game is going.

BIG RED DANGER SIGN GOES HERE
    That... doesn't really say much. I think every MMO forum has moments like that.

The thing is, only what, 10% of STO players or less actually visit the forums regularly? And compounding the issue is that many of those who do visit regularly react VERY vocally to changes, whether justified or not. And I think those 'not-justified' vocal ones make up another minority on their own...

So I wouldn't read into the situation too much based solely on this thread, personally ;)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    extremis0extremis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    quick question how and where to ask cryptic for November?
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When will shrouding on the ground be fixed with diminishing returns? People are still able to do a perfect cloak that you cannot defend against and come up to you and 1 shot you. How to do you defend against this and how is it balanced or fair?
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    coolmaxcash25coolmaxcash25 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    does anyone know how to get my one time code resent:
    :D
  • Options
    jculbertjculbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    extremis0 wrote: »
    quick question how and where to ask cryptic for November?

I saw the state of the game but not the Ask Cryptic. Are we skiping November?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.fleet7.com
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    jculbert wrote: »
    I saw the state of the game but not the Ask Cryptic. Are we skiping November?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=425501 :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    jculbertjculbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.fleet7.com