test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gates of Sto'Vo'Kor's Temporal Foundry Contest

soriedemsoriedem Member Posts: 150 Arc User
Gates of Sto'Vo'Kor's Temporal Foundry Contest

Foundry authors, prepare to dive into Star Trek Online's Foundry as Gates of Sto'Vo'Kor is pleased to announce our latest Foundry Contest .... featuring Time itself.

Star trek shows have given us a glimpse into what the Federation and Starfleet might be like as a temporal faction ... but what of the Klingon faction.

Both the Korath and Krenn class temporal ships have shown us that the KDF as a faction DO dip their hands into the flow of time ... but how?

Those entering the contest need to design a foundry mission that features the KDF temporal faction in some way. How you do that is completely up to you, however it must be for the KDF faction and have a run time of no more than 30 to 45 minutes to be considered.

The top five winners will have their choice of one of five prize packages, with first place getting first choice:

-- Requisition for a Temporal Science Ship
-- Requisition for a Temporal Shuttle
-- Requisition for an assortment of four different cross faction consoles.
-- Klingon Mirror Battle Cruiser
-- Klingon Mirror Qin Raptor

Contest entries must be submitted before midnight, on December 1st (PST).

To enter, simply post the name of the mission, your @handle, level requirements, and a brief description on this thread on the STO Forums. Please visit Gates of Sto'vo'kor's website for the audio announcement.

The winning entry will also be featured in a future episode of Gates of Sto'Vo'Kor during our next season.

Thank you.
Post edited by soriedem on

Comments

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Awesome!! I can not wait.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited October 2012
    Awesome!! I can not wait. 123

R.I.P
    edited October 2012
    What the Gret.....??????

R.I.P
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    What the Gret.....??????

No way in GRETHOR am I related to you!
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • cliftona91cliftona91 Member Posts: 254
    edited October 2012
    Karn as Maury: When it comes to 55 year old Hauk. Ghargh, you are not the father!
    edited October 2012
    cliftona91 wrote: »
    Karn as Maury: When it comes to 55 year old Hauk. Ghargh, you are not the father!

Time travel ... His future is our past and the universe's nightmare.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am so jumping in on this. When is the deadline/earliest date to release a submission? I want my Kling one of those temporal ships!

For the Future (and Past) Empire!
    edited October 2012
    December 1st at midnight PDT. Look forward to seeing you submission. The contest has started right now.

Visit the Gates of Sto'vo'kor and listen to the announcement for more information
  • bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm in as well.

It's Time for Space Poo: Klingon edition
    edited October 2012
    I was like, "December? Isn't that a little long? Wait... December is only 2 months away... GEEAeeaaaeeeEEehh!"
    edited October 2012
    I was like, "December? Isn't that a little long? Wait... December is only 2 months away... GEEAeeaaaeeeEEehh!"

Yeah ... We thought about giving people longer but want this done and out of the way before the Mayan prediction of the Klingon invasion of Earth begins on Dec. 25.

It DOES take time to get armies temporally transported back in time after all. :D

• drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2012
    Ok got my mission plotted out, actually may use it as a "pilot episode" of sorts for an ongoing series of Foundry missions.

Here's the thing, I would like to eventually use Korath class timeships during one sequence. Obviously I can't right now since they're not in the Foundry, I'll have to use placeholders and put them in later IF/WHEN Cryptic gets off their collective butts and puts them in. I hope you guys won't downrate me for that :) Going to do it anyway, and hopefully the story and execution are good enough that it'll be easily overlooked, so just to warn ya.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I hope I'll have time to make an entry. It sounds awesome!
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited October 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    Yeah ... We thought about giving people longer but want this done and out of the way before the Mayan prediction of the Klingon invasion of Earth begins on Dec. 25.

It DOES take time to get armies temporally transported back in time after all. :D

I think this, this is perfect. I was going more that it's that close to Christmas already. Christmas shopping! I am not prepared!
  • soriedemsoriedem Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am so jumping in on this. When is the deadline/earliest date to release a submission? I want my Kling one of those temporal ships!

For the Future (and Past) Empire!

submissions can be posted any time between now and midnight on December 1st.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Question :

I am writing a time travel mission for the current foundry challenge, which since the lead up missions are cross faction playable, i could actually very easily adapt for this really cool KDF centric contest.

Would that be acceptable ?
    edited October 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Question :

I am writing a time travel mission for the current foundry challenge, which since the lead up missions are cross faction playable, i could actually very easily adapt for this really cool KDF centric contest.

Would that be acceptable ?

If you can adapt it for the KDF, then you are free to do do. I hope to see your entry soon.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    cliftona91 wrote: »
    If you can adapt it for the KDF, then you are free to do do. I hope to see your entry soon.

Then I am pleased to report that I am hard at work on SPECTRES, Episode Six. For both federation and Klingon factions, with the KDF Episode being my entry into this contest.

Don't know if you need this kind of info , but ...

Author : @hippiejohn
    Mission Title : KDF Spectres, Episode Six : Whatever Happened to the U.S.S. Rueben James?

Synopsis :
    A surprise visit from an old ally introduces you to something known as the Temporal Integrity Corps, and allows you both to set right something that together you accidentally set very wrong.

The U.S.S. Rueben James, NCC-1707 was lost 145 years ago in 2265 in the Sherman System in an engagement with Klingon Forces. Could one of the first major Starfleet losses during the early days of space exploration be your fault ? Did the loss of the Rueben James somehow harm the empire ? And will a daring mission to the past with your crew be the only way to set the timeline right ?
    edited October 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    No way in GRETHOR am I related to you!

I agree!! I fairly sure I killed the last one I slept with......

R.I.P
    edited October 2012
    A thought occurred to me as I was plugging away. Season 7 is, in fact, pushing pretty fast and they may make a November Launch date.

If foundry editing is put out of commission for an extended period with this launch will there be a time extension? Or does that depend on how many of us are effected?
  • soriedemsoriedem Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sorry about the delay in getting back to this thread. it got a bit lost. If the foundry goes down, the contest will be extended 1 day for each day it's down. Hopefully, it won't go down, but that remains to be seen. Good luck !
    edited November 2012
    soriedem wrote: »
    sorry about the delay in getting back to this thread. it got a bit lost. If the foundry goes down, the contest will be extended 1 day for each day it's down. Hopefully, it won't go down, but that remains to be seen. Good luck !

Well said. We will not let downtime penalize participants. :)

• muarenmuaren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Brandon said in another post:
    'We've not announced the launch date for Season 7, but we'll be going through the same precautionary measures with the Foundry as we have for past seasons -- except, we're hoping for much shorter downtime durations Zero and I will work together to provie more information and communication (similar to last Season's release) as we get closer to launch of New Romulus.'

So if Season 7 comes out soon, there will be a downtime.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Pah, I'm no Klingon writer, but... for a chance at getting a timeship/shuttle, I'm sure I can whip something up. Might even tie it into my existing storyline! (yes, the one that got put on hold because of a CTD issue caused by a key element of my mission design.)

May the best man, that is, Klingon, win! :P

Qapla'!

Edit: Okay... turns out making my own enviroments is a LOT trickier than it seems. Where's half of the assets I've seen other authors use, anyway?!

Not to mention that 90% of the systems I can choose from either don't have a map template or don't have a mission gate assigned to them. I chose Gorath, only to find out that Norgh was the only system to have an assigned gate AND a map template. How stupid is that?

I guess I have to drop out of the contest... good luck with yours, guys.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • daloschooldaloschool Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bah, can't edit my previous post from this account.

I -might- do something after all... got something bugging me in a small corner of my brain, and it looks doable unlike my previous idea.
    - Dalo Lorn's school account.
    edited November 2012
    Hah! Not only did I make a decent mission (if I do say so myself, which I just did.), my very first custom space map, AND overcome several limitations of the Foundry for the first (again, for me) time, but I also managed to tie it into my previous storyline after all!

And better yet, make quite an adventure. Even too much of an adventure - I'd optimistically say it'd take an hour, not 30-45 minutes as requested by the competition.

Oh well.

Mission name: A Rescue in Time
    Minimum level: Any? Is that possible when using Romulans, Devidians (for a bossfight that isn't really Devidian) and True Way??
    Description: Oh come on, read it yourself. I don't have time to quote it right now. :P

Edit: @handle: dalolorn

For the record, I don't expect to win. I'm not even sure I can hit top 5. But what the heck, if it bombs, I can just delete it should the mission slot be required. :D

Re-edit: Oookay... if I don't fix these bugs, I'm going to be the worst map released for this contest. THE STORY WON'T PROGRESS!

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited November 2012
    Well, the deadline's approaching. I'd better take a bandage and fix the bugs, at the expense of story. Sadly. :(

edited November 2012
    Just to be sure, I was of the impression the deadline would be pushed back as many weeks as we lost editing.

Meaning we'd have another two weeks tagged on to Dec 1st, making it Dec 14th. Is that still true?
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    On the plus side, latest Tribble notes say the temporal ships are being added to the Foundry. No idea when that'll go up on holodeck though.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited November 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    On the plus side, latest Tribble notes say the temporal ships are being added to the Foundry. No idea when that'll go up on holodeck though.

I'd assume it'll swing over fast. Perhaps the Tuesday after next.