test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Making a new fleet... or not

wargibbonwargibbon Member Posts: 62 Arc User
What has happened to making a new fleet? It's broken. Tried to create one tonight to be told a new account cannot create one. We had 5 members all outside the office. One of the other guys tried to create one, told the same story that a new account cannot make one. None of us have new accounts, all with at least 4 level 50 chars and gold membership.

Can someone shed light on this please?
Founder of the 3rd Foot & Mouth Federation Fleet. Join today!

The Khasi of Kalabar: They will die the death of a thousand cuts!
Princess Jelhi: Oh! But that's horrible!
The Khasi of Kalabar: Not at all my little desert flower, the British are used to cuts!
Post edited by wargibbon on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Was it the team leader?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Team leader in each case, all level 50. Even tried it with different team leaders, in all cases the same error was given that we all had new accounts which is rubbish as we've been playing the game for ages

The Khasi of Kalabar: Not at all my little desert flower, the British are used to cuts!
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2012
    It only usually stops new accounts from making a fleet and it does not matter if they are leader or not...

Me and one of my fellow leaders made a alt fleet to overcome the 500 member limit at the weekend with no trouble, so I am not sure why you cannot right now.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Fleet restrictions are that each Silver player must have 20 /played hours or must have gotten Zen. While it seems unlikely, it is possible that one of the 50s has not met the 20 /played hours requirement - they power-leveled to 50 in less then 20 /played hours. That would bounce the entire team from making a Fleet. I don't know that's the case. That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

I helped someone make a Fleet on Sunday afternoon without incident, so I know it was working fine then.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Try getting the new accounts earn some dilithium and convert it to Zen. I heard that if new accounts have a Zen balance over 0 Zen, then they can make fleets. Otherwise, it is a matter of playing the game enough.
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, if that's working as intended and not some bug affecting only you, and one member of your team being below the fleet creation criteria is keeping you from forming a fleet, then that's still a bug, and needs to get fixed, cause Cryptic didn't think through it's intentions.

This check should be run on the teamleader/person who's interacting with the fleet officer only, really, since the matrix only specifies early silvers can't create a fleet. It does not say that you can't join a fleet at all. So now teammember number 5 is going to have to be kicked from the team, a random stranger picked up, the fleet made, stranger may or may not stay, and team member 5 can/may/will be invited to join it anyway. That's a needlessly roundabout way of doing things, unless Cryptic means to lock early silvers out from fleet membership entirely.

Which I'm pretty sure they don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    cloudinfinitycloudinfinity Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's the game's way of subtly telling you that there are enough 'small fleets' lol
  • Options
    intrepidukintrepiduk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What happened to the lifting of the need for a 5 person team requirement to get a fleet started?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the replies guys. Still unsure as to why i'm having this issue, we did have a low level 5th, but the other four including me are all gold members, but i happen to agree that the person creating the fleet should be the only one being checked. Anyway, i sent in a ticket, so curious if i get a reply or not

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why not just join an existing fleet? Unless you're a group of friends?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Group of friends so makes sense to do that from our point of view