test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First Officer on Bajor

apolloserenusapolloserenus Member Posts: 64 Arc User
edited September 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The other day I was on Bajor, entered Colony Invasion, beamed back to Bajor and had my first officer with me. While I realize it was probably a glitch, it was a very pleasant glitch. Running around the city with her was rather fun.
Does anyone know how to recreate such a glitch?
Also, has anyone heard rumors that we'll be able to beam a bridge officer down to any location?

Screenshot: http://img.alphacoders.com/images/view/854

EDIT: This happened during the evening of Friday, Sept 15, 2012
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by apolloserenus on

Comments

• darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The other day I was on Bajor, entered Colony Invasion, beamed back to Bajor and had my first officer with me. While I realize it was probably a glitch, it was a very pleasant glitch. Running around the city with her was rather fun.
    Does anyone know how to recreate such a glitch?
    Also, has anyone heard rumors that we'll be able to beam a bridge officer down to any location?

Screenshot: http://img.alphacoders.com/images/view/854

Interesting. I'll see if I can get it to work also. Was this after the Thursday maimtenance or before?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • apolloserenusapolloserenus Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This happened after, it was a Friday evening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The game probably sought to replace lost teammembers. It commonly does this when mapmoving as a team if one teammember disconnects or takes a long time to beam down, it replaces them with your (or other teammembers') bridge officers. And as you said, you did come out of a group event.

I'd imagine if this commonly happened leaving Colony Invasion, we'd have heard about it a lot sooner, so clearly usually when you leave a map it all works as intended. My guess is both you and one (or the last) of your colony invasion teammembers departed the map roughly simultaneously (normally you're far enough apart for the last person to mapmove to be kicked from the team before you go through the process), causing the game to try to fill in the blank.

You could try to recreate it by teaming up with a friend (in another map), joining a group event (or just using a bridge or something) and trying to synch up your beamout.

And probably not that you'd want it to, but it should stop doing that if they change the order in which leaving these instances works. Right now it's mapmove, then leave team. You can tell by the character portraits in the team UI. If they make it, leave team, then mapmove, it probably wouldn't occur. And it might just fix teamchat, which tends to remember the wrong team ID a lot, and which may or may not be related.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Going to bump this over to Gameplay Bugs :) Nice find.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    you used to be able to do this on Defera pretty easily. go into an interior map(powerplant) with a 2 man team then have someone click the button to summon reinforcements. It was kinda random as to which Boff you'd get. I once got my TNG Borg who was a new recruit with no training...

I'm guessing this is like what Hrisvalar mentioned.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg