test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help Tribble

onlineangelonlineangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
What have I done???

Signed up for tribble.

Booted game, on the launcher/client, bottom left, it says holodeck and tribble servers.
Underneath in the box it just says 'patching'. Been like this a while now. Doesn't seem to be doing much.

Any advice?
Post edited by onlineangel on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What have I done???

Signed up for tribble.

Booted game, on the launcher/client, bottom left, it says holodeck and tribble servers.
    Underneath in the box it just says 'patching'. Been like this a while now. Doesn't seem to be doing much.

Any advice?
    'Tribble' is basically a 2nd installation of the game. And when your talking about around 9 GB for a first time install... (Patience is a Virtue here...)
  • onlineangelonlineangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    'Tribble' is basically a 2nd installation of the game. And when your talking about around 9 GB for a first time install... (Patience is a Virtue here...)

what if i copy my live files over to the playtest folder?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    what if i copy my live files over to the playtest folder?

That should partially fix your problem

But sometimes you have to press the "Patch" button to the right of the progress bar to make it go...

Pakled style.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There shouldn't be a need to manually copy over your live install given that is what the launcher will do automatically under its own steam. How long are you leaving it to stew? It could be just transferring your files.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fire up Task Manager, go to the Performance tab, and fire up Resource Monitor. It will show you if processes are using disk or network resources.

As mentioned above, the patcher copies your live files, which could take some time depending on your system, and then begins downloading the changes for Tribble. I don't know what the current delta is, sometimes it's huge. It's possible there's a problem, but usually patcher problems will affect both Holodeck and Tribble identically. Usually.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".