test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Uniform.

amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
Anybody have this uniform yet? Im curious to see what it looks like, could you post pictures if you do have it?
7NGGeUP.png

Post edited by amayakitsune on

Comments

• aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What unlocks the fleet uniform?
  • henrik68henrik68 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I thought that was just an option to unlock an extra uniform option, likely to unlock if/when you're in a fleet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aaronh42 wrote: »
    What unlocks the fleet uniform?

T3 Starbase and the tailor project.
  • tribbleorlfltribbleorlfl Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've been wondering the same thing. It says "Odyssey Uniform" and almost looks like the new racing unis (white on top). Hard to tell from the tiny icon.
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    that info should pop up in a few days, a few fleets should have
    Tier 3 star base this week or by this weekend.
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • nexus2251nexus2251 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If that's the uniform I can't say I'm impressed, just like I'm not impressed with a few things about fleet unlocks.
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Thats the fleet uniform? Well... I was excited and now... Im not. Thanks for the pic though... looks like the Academy uniform or AGT uniform... just a bit different.
    7NGGeUP.png

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I like it personally, seems sharp, without being complex, which CAN be a good thing.

Could you at all post the requirements for the tailor? I feel like that would be really nice for others to know and pass the info on to their own fleets.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nexus2251 wrote: »
    If that's the uniform I can't say I'm impressed, just like I'm not impressed with a few things about fleet unlocks.

I have to agree, these unlocks are disappointing.

With the Shipyard, the majority of the ships require you to pay $20s. And not all of them have C-store versions, which offer the discount.

The Transwarp Gate, goes to locations that are easily accessible by mission transwarps. Plus you don't have to wait for a cooldown.

Engineering, whats the point of ship repair when most people just rather pop a part piece. And someone in the Elite STF channel linked Elite Ground weapons, goes from Dmgx3 + Critx of Advanced to Dmgx2+ Critx +small shield heal.

Then there are the NPC contacts, which are NPCs you can already access on your ship, with more functionality.

Now this Tailor giving such a disappointing uniform.......all the less incentive to continue working on starbases. :(
  • aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nexus2251 wrote: »

Well that's disappointing. Anyone got the klingon version?
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would also like to see the KDF one. is probably going to to be a couple of weeks at least before our fleet gets there.

i was hoping that the uniforms get better and upgrade with each tier. so a tier 4 base adds a little more and then a tier 5 adds more ontop, so what we see now is just the basic version but unless they plan to add it it does not look the case.

the uniform is ok but nothing special. although that colour schemes does not do it many favours.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »
    I like it personally, seems sharp, without being complex, which CAN be a good thing.

Could you at all post the requirements for the tailor? I feel like that would be really nice for others to know and pass the info on to their own fleets.

I dig it too. Of course, I was using the SFA uniform since it was released (just recently switched to the racing uniform), and while this has a lot of similarities, it has a bit of a better cut that I'm looking for. In addition, it looks like it has some sort of shiny metallic (gold?) trim around that band that I use as department coloring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I like it! Kinda wish I did not buy the racing one now. This is now one of my favorites. I like the Collar. Something different that I dont think we have seen yet. Also the pants are pleated. I added my belt and it looks great. Also it has shoes but I cant tell the difference in them.

http://imgur.com/zyupR
    http://i.imgur.com/vymu9.jpg
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The picture with the Fleet Uniform in it - any chance of a seeing it with a Star Trek colour scheme? I.e. Black, Red/Gold/Blue and Grey?

On a tangent, anyone else hate seeing Fed avatars wearing all white? Star Trek Online, not Adidas Online...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Might not be so bad if all the base NPCs went to that variant as well, with "departmental coloring" to make the base look like, well, a base.

Would be even better if all the fleet NPCs picked from the designated fleet uniforms and all parts from the fleet uniform was unlocked - way I understand it, the C-store and unlock parts aren't allowed on fleet uniforms because not everyone in the fleet may have unlocked them. Fine. However, all members of a given T3 fleet will have access to all parts of this uniform anyway, so why not add them to the fleet uni part list...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • anikaifulanikaiful Member Posts: 138
    edited September 2012
    Disappointing ...
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    anikaiful wrote: »
    Disappointing ...

The cryptic motto.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • tribbleorlfltribbleorlfl Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Meh, now that I get a good look, not that impressed. However, at 16k dil + fleet credits, still cheaper than a c-store uni, so I probably will pick up for completions sake.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Swell, a sweatsuit.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • xenovitaxenovita Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi guys, quick question:

Is this uniform, eligible as a Fleet Uniform?

I won't be surprised if not, but I didn't loose all my hope with Cryptic yet...
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So, is this autounlocked at T3? Or do you have to run a Tailor project? If so, what are the inputs? And then it costs an additional 16K dilithium to buy it?
    edited September 2012
    It's kind of nice looking. As someone in an earlier post said, I'd love to see the KDF version:cool:
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    So, is this autounlocked at T3? Or do you have to run a Tailor project? If so, what are the inputs? And then it costs an additional 16K dilithium to buy it?

you havw to unlock a tailor after the tier 3 starbase.

but i dont know if you have to buy the costume or if its 'free'.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jtmarsh wrote: »
    I like it! Kinda wish I did not buy the racing one now. This is now one of my favorites. I like the Collar. Something different that I dont think we have seen yet. Also the pants are pleated. I added my belt and it looks great. Also it has shoes but I cant tell the difference in them.

http://imgur.com/zyupR
    http://i.imgur.com/vymu9.jpg

That.... doesn't look horrible actually. It looks a lot more "Treky" than the plastic looking basic uniforms at least. :P
  • alchemistidalchemistid Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It looks like a retextured Sierra 1 jacket and doesn't even use the contemporary rank insignia. Urge to spend dilithium fading.
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just prefer a crest over fleet uniforms especially Fed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    xenovita wrote: »
    Hi guys, quick question:

Is this uniform, eligible as a Fleet Uniform?

I won't be surprised if not, but I didn't loose all my hope with Cryptic yet...

All uniforms including C-Store outfits are eligible for fleet uniforms. But uniforms can only be worn by people who have unlocked them.

So you could set this as one but individual fleet members would have to buy it to see it.
  • bronzesilencebronzesilence Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Swell, a sweatsuit.

inb4 Slim Suit (only 800 Zen)
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All uniforms including C-Store outfits are eligible for fleet uniforms. But uniforms can only be worn by people who have unlocked them.

So you could set this as one but individual fleet members would have to buy it to see it.

You are wrong: [Fleet] Your uniform must not be made of unlockable parts to add it to the fleet.

What a fiasco!! Another Cryptic fiasco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beside you have to buy it for 16000 Dilithium and 8000 fleet marks!!!!!!

Cryptic, you just give us a fleet uniform that CANT BE USE BY THE FLEET!!

Stop dissapointing players cryptic!!

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com