test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Three Things You Would Like to See Added to STO

cptmcauleycptmcauley Member Posts: 26 Arc User
I love this game, but like all games it can be improved and built upon, which I can't deny Cryptic and PWE are doing.

So, I saw a post on a forum for another MMORPG, and not only did it bring a lot of brilliant ideas together, it got the Community Team and Devs attention too.

So, I thought I would try something similar here. What three things would you like to see added to STO in the foreseeable future? I'll kick off with:

New Story Content
New Ships (that are reasonably priced) for Feds and KDF
Deeper, In-Depth Worlds to Explore (similar to SWTORs)

There are loads more I could think of to add to it, but let's keep it to three each :)
[=/\= ================= =/\=]
Tom McAuley
U.S.S. Ares - Beta Squad - Section 31
12th Fleet

Post edited by cptmcauley on

Comments

• tribbleorlfltribbleorlfl Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1) Advanced Respec token (race, gender and traits)
    2) More career-specific content, or at least more differentiation between the careers
    3) More Boff interaction (STF and other end game content, roleplaying)
  • bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    theres a massive sticky somewhere with this subject matter
  • gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1. large open space to explore and find new civilizations that we can learn about.
    2. The ability to make our own unique ship from scratch.
    3. FULL ROMULAN FACTION.
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1.Tier 5 Constitution Refit
    2.Complete 50+ Unique PVE mission KDF
    3.Ambassador with CM ENG. LTCM SCI. LT ENG. LT TAC. ENS TAC.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • dood98998dood98998 Member Posts: 389
    edited August 2012
    -fix the stf's we have.
    -add new ones.
    -implement the ignore list stf gating system.
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D
  • methosivanhoemethosivanhoe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Romulan faction

more customisation for the ships

more uniform / off duty options

set customisable uniform for your ships crew, so they all wear the same uniform as your bridge officers / player character

proper Caitain hair... not leaving them as Bob Marly's throwbacks... come on, Caitains with dreadlocks... we waited 3 years for the Caitain's to have hair, and you gave us this joke... pathetic...

M
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    finsh the kdf faction

add more kdf ships

more stfs fleet and doff missions. also a reason to play UGC like fleet marks or something worth the time of playing them why play them when u run stfs again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    what i would like to see, from a kdf player point of view

1. be allowed to wear other character armor pieces on any race
    Example: wearing Gorn armor on a Klingon.

2. Complete revamp on the pvp system,
    - needs leaderboard/ranking system
    - needs fleet vs fleet pvp + fleet ranking system
    - needs to be PVP Armor sets/ space sets (same as stf sets)

3. Add 2 new Faction, but instead of adding a playable faction
    just add the ability for players to support the cause of that faction
    and pledge there allegiance to that faction, with out the need
    of recreating a character. and these 2 new factions will be
    pvp only and both faction fed/kdf can help support and fight for territory
    for those new factions.(players can freely choose which side they like to support)
  • sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1/No more ships. We have too many as it is.

2. Make content that challanges players more. Make missions what can be only completed having certain classes and builds. This will make teaming more important. Like the no-win, but more smart (not just an angry mob of NPCs)

3. More vanity items, and character skins especially on the kdf part.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1) More KDF PvE content
    2) Romulan Faction
    3) More General STO PvE content that follows the Path to 2409 backstory
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I, basically, agree with Roach. The game just needs more Mission Content across the board: KDF, End-game, leveling, PvP, etc.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Open PVP sectors with ongoing territorial control

Mission style PVP (goals and objectives other than blow the TRIBBLE out of each other (i.e. Starbase Defense)

Revamp of Ground PVP entirely.

--

Please note; I am not an avid PVP player (although my list would tend to make one think that). I initially was going to chime in with more content... and while I would certainly support any effort along those lines... I don't believe that, realistically, that Cryptic could ever keep up with the demand for new content. As such, we need an ever changing environment in which we can work towards a goal, with something to win, and something to lose.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1) More complex, STF-style multiplayer storyline missions, which open up at lower levels. Eg. A Klingon Front STF (for Feds), Fek'Ihri Front STF (for KDF), a Romulan Front STF (for both) etc etc.
    I am aware there could be problems with numbers playing at lower levels and level matching and so on, but the dearth of multiplayer content that requires more co-ordination than "shoot at the same guy and he might die quicker" is a problem. There's 3 missions, imo, Blockade, Starbase Defense and Incursion. And they're all designed for level 50 players anyway, even though they're accessible below.

2) Redesign the NPC ships, with the intention of making them more challenging without the STF enemies and the few PvE Bosses just being a case of trying to wear down something with ridiculous HP before it kills you:
    - Reduce stat padding, such as massive health and enormous spike damage output, either from crits or improperly balanced (imo) console powers
    - Give them more BOff abilities, resists, Tac Teams, Heals, FeedBack Pulses, anything that makes us have to think a little bit rather than just mindlessly unloading damage buffs and disables onto enemy ships as soon as they've cooled down
    - Give them more weapon slots at higher levels

3) More KDF PvE content.
    I don't think anyone is realistically expecting the 50+ missions the Federation has, but if we could fill in those 20 opening levels within the current framework of KDF storyline missions giving more XP than Fed ones, it'd be good.
  • cptmcauleycptmcauley Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bruccy wrote: »
    theres a massive sticky somewhere with this subject matter

Sorry if there is! I did try looking through to see if there was something similar, and came up with nothing. Didn't look very long to be fair. :P
    Tom McAuley
    12th Fleet

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Demotion to Captain (as an option ) with progression to a much much higher level afterwards (still as a captain)

Proper TOS communicators (with beam up )

Three fully developed and EQUAL factions
    Live long and Prosper
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1. Open sector space (no space walls)
    2. 50 levels of KDF PvE content.
    3. A map more like this.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1) KDF finished! I want to start a Warrior at level one and have enough PvE content to take me to level 50!

2) More FE's. I really enjoy the weekly episode style content. It makes me remember how much I used to wait in anticipation for the next new episode of TNG or DS9 when I was teenager.

3) Fleet v Fleet PvP. I realize this is already possible with the existing Arenas and Scenarios, but I am looking for more of a territorial control style PvP. Perhaps with leaderboards and disputed sectors of space that can shift alegiance with Fed or KDF victories. Maybe have Starbase actions where one fleet attacks and the owner of the base defends...just tossing out ideas at this point to try to make PvP more interesting....:eek:
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • jimmyjames81196jimmyjames81196 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1. More sector blocks
    2. Mini fractions
    3. More future story
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    cptmcauley wrote: »
    Deeper, In-Depth Worlds to Explore (similar to SWTORs)

Sry, I just have to ask, what game were you playing cause it wasn't very in depth :3

-I would like to see more options for ship customization added, more hull types that match the CG from the series (mirror hull for example actually is really good, just remove the yellow markings).

-I really want one large map or a better auto navigation function that take zoning into account.

-Offline means to manage Exchange and DOFFs.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    True justice to the Galaxy-r, console layout of 4-3-3 and a universal ens in place of the eng one for the fleet version. She is not a explorer/sci ship but a battleship in all but name.

Any crisis or show of force required during the TNG series the Ent-D was sent to deal with it. Ie. the episode where they visit angel 1 7 romulan battleships converging on a outpost, the U.S.S. Berlin is sent but the Ent-D is sent as a show of force. Best of Both Worlds. the Ent-D is the ship sent to patrol the area for the borg cube and engage solo. Not fall back and meet up with the rest of the fleet at wolf 359.

More end game content

A buff to the Galaxy-x i.e 10th console slot and a lt cmd tact station, and a turn rate boff to 7 degree's. thats only 1 degree but a difference would def been felt.

Personal weapons that look like they do in the shows/movies.

More Klingon content.

Just a few of these things.
  • quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited August 2012
    1. Actual content.
    It's been what? 2 years and a half? 3 STFs in 2 years and half, 4 endgame gear sets in 2 years and a half... all other MMO companies must be pointing at Cryptic as the example not to follow by now.

2. Bugfixes.
    Bugs in missions are annoying, but understandable. In the end, you can always skip the mission.
    Not having a reliable search engine (fluctuating exchange results)? There's no excuse. That's programming 101, making a search engine. And it greatly impacts the game economy.

3. A Romulan faction, but let's be honest: they can churn out a Ship every month or so; you can't expect them to come up with a full Faction, even in years.
    Not unless they go on a hiring spree for artists/graphics designers.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1. Ability for fleets to place their base in a system of their choosing (1 time only)
    2. Open warfare between the 2 playable factions in a couple sectors (forced PvP via the challenge option without the option to decline)- dont want PvP, don't go to this sector.
    3. Base and ship raiding- ability to loot planets, bases, ai ships, player ships after a victory in battle.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited August 2012
    1. Add in-game KDF npc ships (gorn, orion,etc) as "free" playable ships with retrofit options in the zen store.

2. More KDF costume/weapon options ..... examples ... Nausicaan Lance weapon (from FED - War is good for Buisness mission), the Mek'leth short sword

3. Son'a Battlecruiser and shuttle ...... the orions and son'a were both helping the dominion during the war so some ships might have been captured , just is a sexy ship IMO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can you respec from say sci to tactical or w/e or just the skillpoints ?
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1) a full 2nd faction
    2) continuation of the story
    3) lack of sector space zones (I know this is not feasible for the current areas but will be gone for upcoming zones)
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
    edited August 2012
    Sry, I just have to ask, what game were you playing cause it wasn't very in depth :3

-I would like to see more options for ship customization added, more hull types that match the CG from the series (mirror hull for example actually is really good, just remove the yellow markings).

-I really want one large map or a better auto navigation function that take zoning into account.

-Offline means to manage Exchange and DOFFs.

I'll give you that - it has plenty to improve on itself - but it's got much more depth to it than STOs worlds. Although Places like ESD and the Academy are bustling with life - SWTORs are lacking in that.

To elaborate, I meant bigger worlds, with places to explore. Not the single map worlds STO currently has.

Hope that clears up what I meant. :)
    Tom McAuley
    12th Fleet

• haglahayhaglahay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1.) A full and more in-depth starship design tool that lets us create ships from the ground up.

2.) De-nerf the science space abilities so they seem to do something more worthwhile. For example, I always thought Viral Matrix should have a chance to cause a core breach.

3.) More content. There is absolutely no reason that new missions are not being added on a monthly basis.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1)We have seen alot of cool features for ships, from ablative armor to saucer seperation. What I would love to see is something "awsome" for ground armor sets. I was thinking something like THIS (starts at 0:47-0:50) but imagine this being a maco officer in sto having the maco armor or something new on. Having his head suddenly being covered in ablative armor. I think it be awsome.

But more or less cool new animated armor pieces or something would be awsome.

2) Bigger maps to explore, leading to having player controlled vehicles

3) More missions, content ect
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1. Re-Trait/Species/Career Tokens, and Respec tokens made cheaper.

2. More endgame material. Particularly endgame material where I can use Boffs.

3. Hats.
    edited August 2012
    Some awesome ideas here. Another one I really want to see is a playable Romulan faction.

Anyone have any others?

:cool:
    Tom McAuley
    12th Fleet