test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transphasic Bomb Not Working

adjournonadjournon Member Posts: 94 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've talked with a few other fleet members and other random players and they've all noticed that the Transphasic Bomb isn't working properly.

It seems to be hit or miss on when it decides to damage enemy NPCs. It works fine on one random group and other times no one is damaged, even the NPC that is literally standing on top of the bomb itself.

Any other Engineers out there noticing this?

STO Forum member since 2008, player since 2012 - funny story that
Post edited by adjournon on

Comments

• docroadie69docroadie69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    adjournon wrote: »
    I've talked with a few other fleet members and other random players and they've all noticed that the Transphasic Bomb isn't working properly.

It seems to be hit or miss on when it decides to damage enemy NPCs. It works fine on one random group and other times no one is damaged, even the NPC that is literally standing on top of the bomb itself.

Any other Engineers out there noticing this?

Oh yeah, Most definitely noticing this ever since Season 6 patch. There is no pattern. Sometimes they would be on top of it and no damage when exploded and other times it works. Please look into this Devs.

Thanks
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have noticed. Not sure what is triggering it.
  • cursixcursix Member Posts: 0
    edited August 2012
    Yep, seen this as well. Very annoying during Cure Ground.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Are you guys remembering to command detonate the bomb? I'm not sure if the bomb works right when detonating on it's own, also enemies can attack the bomb to destroy it. This looks kinda like it exploding sometimes. But does no damage.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • cursixcursix Member Posts: 0
    edited August 2012
    Yes, I'm telling it to detonate, usually within 5 seconds of the detonate command being available.
  • adjournonadjournon Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Again, it is the randomness of it all, when detonating the bomb in a group of Borg NPCs half the group takes damage and the other half doesn't, sometimes all but one takes damage, sometimes only one takes damage, it is nuts.

To use a DnD term it is like the NPCs were all suddenly given the "Evasion" feat and the ones taking damage are the ones that miss their savings throw; conversely those that make their reflex save now take NO damage instead of the usual HALF.

I'm such a geek.

edited September 2012
    ::Bump::

So, is this being noticed by a majority of you out there? Is this something intentional on the side of the developers? Do the Devs even know this issue exists? If not, is there a way to fix this?

• nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've noticed since S6 there seems to be a hidden stat of how many enemies a device or ability can affect at once, I'm tactical and notice that my grenades hit some enemies, pulsewaves only hit a few, its not limited to your bombs.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
    edited September 2012
    But the AoE sometimes does no damage to anyone. So was the limit set to 0 for that instant?

• nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It could be destroyed? Enemies will take them out. Its hard to say, I throw grenades that hit nothing all the time, enemies are there but there is no damage or effect. Could be lag.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • notpicardnotpicard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Seems to be even more of a problem after last weeks patch. Two different characters, two different accounts - both have this problems.
    edited September 2012
    This problem with the Transphasic Bombs is now moved on to my Chroniton Mine Barrier as well. And my Tac Character is indeed having the same problem with his Grenades.

What the heck is going on?!?!

• sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This problem with the Transphasic Bombs is now moved on to my Chroniton Mine Barrier as well. And my Tac Character is indeed having the same problem with his Grenades.

What the heck is going on?!?!

I've noticed this as well. It even seems like the mines don't always go off as well. Borgs just walk by them.
  • cantoneverettcantoneverett Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have been noticing the same problem lately, usually with the Devidians in Everything Old is New. I plant the mites and my transphasic bomb on their spawnpoint, and then detonate when they show up. Sometimes, though, they take no damage, either from the mites, or from the bomb.
    edited September 2012
    AND now add my Klingon's Honor Guard Under-slung Photon Grenade Launcher to the list of AoE that is simply not working right.

More than once in my last STF; I shoot, the Borg wince as the grenade comes at them, it goes BOOM and... NO ONE TAKES ANY DAMAGE!

WTF?

edited September 2012
    ::Bump::

Hey, I want some official answers here! Devs, Mods, anybody?

• guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Confirmed for both bomb and mines. It appears that NPCs are getting hard cover from small features of the ground, when bombs/mines are triggered in their proximity. Easy Solution: raise the center of mine and bomb explosions about 3 feet above the ground, so that being behind hard cover will still block the blast, but bumps in the dirt will not.
    edited October 2012
    guriphu wrote: »
    Confirmed for both bomb and mines. It appears that NPCs are getting hard cover from small features of the ground, when bombs/mines are triggered in their proximity. Easy Solution: raise the center of mine and bomb explosions about 3 feet above the ground, so that being behind hard cover will still block the blast, but bumps in the dirt will not.

That is a rather reasonable explanation, floor texture causing cover modifiers; is this confirmed? And are you sure that is the case, because I've had this problem happen on KAGE in the middle of what I can only assume is a level floor with no uneven surfaces because it was a flat force field; but then again the mines and bombs might be spawning so low as to be UNDERNEATH the force field floor at the time...

• guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's not certain, as you said, but it certainly appears to be the case. If it is, it's a trivial fix. If it's not... trivial fixes don't take much time to implement and test.
    edited October 2012
    Also, I posted this on another thread but I want to reiterate my feelings and will re-post it here on a thread that I started.
    What galls me is that I've seen no indication that anyone in authority is even aware that this is going on. Other problems brought to this forum promptly get a reply from a dev or mod with a "we are aware and working on it," but this ONE issue is on at least six different threads that I know of, labeled like "cure bug," "grenade bug," "Khitomer Accord Ground bug," "Transphasic bomb bug," etc... and not on ONE of those different threads has there been any kind of official acknowledgement that there even IS a problem.

... So frustrating...

• archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Looking into this.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Looking into this.

Yeah also the cure it resets armek even if you try to use one... Plus I've noticed the kinetic damage its suppossed to do isn't working right for that bomb or the KHG grenade launcher.
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Looking into this.

turretts are broken as well somehing with doffs
    edited October 2012
    Looking into this.

Yay, thank you

• docroadie69docroadie69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Looking into this.

Thank you Brah. And give the rest of the team thanks also. Let me know if you want video of it. :D
  • archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Think I've got this one figured out. The fix should be in soon (TM).
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Good to hear :). You able to give any info on what was cuasing it or is it important code secrets?
    edited October 2012
    Think I've got this one figured out. The fix should be in soon (TM).

You'll be the Hero to Engineers everywhere.

edited October 2012
    Been a couple weeks, any word on progress?

• nixmenixme Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm noticing this on the Romulan storyline missions when they fire them, instead of hitting me they hit eachother and wipe out themselves. lol On occasions where it doesn't they bounce off my ship and select the nearest npc to explode on. Though funny to watch it kinda kills that storyline.