Options

Add Orions as Fed Playable Race.

2»

Comments

• Options
    adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited September 2012
    venarra wrote: »
    Alot of KDF players don't get the point. Saying all Orions are KDF is like saying all Mexicans are lazy or all blacks steal cars.

Just as not every Italian is Cosa Nostra, not every Orion is Syndicate. But lets play along with the KDF fantasy that Orions are one big mob family. They already run the Great houses of the Empire through the "Gift" of 1500 ORION women to said houses. Doesn't it makes sense for a criminal syndicate to invest as much in the other side of the equation (Fedaration)? The Syndicate isn't going to turn their green noses up at an opportunity like the Federation. Having high ranking officers in Starfleet would be a boon.

"Ma'am, we need to continue our anti-smuggler patrol."

"Yes... yes, we do. But I think it wouldn't hurt if we gave Astrometrics another 15-20 minutes to examine this rogue comet. They say it might have deuterium core. We are explorers, after all."

**Orion smugglers pass unmolested due to their sister's delay of her ship patrol**

The Orions, like the Ferengi are more concerned with profit. It's why they sold out the Klingons to the Dominion in DS9.

I do agree the KDF is lacking. I wrote a request for more races (Andorian ex-pat, Romulan in exile, Bajoran pissed-at-the-Feds Maquis, Cardassian mercenary, etc...) better racial costumes and unique KDF purchasable player races or bridge officers (Hirogen hunter, Jen'Hadar renegade and Breen freelancer) to liven the side up. The Klingons definitely need updated and more varied clothing options.

Lol now if you disagree with his silver spoon demanding hog it all opinion, you are racist? ROFLMAO wow....
    that made lolo

P.S. Besides the Plasominic Leech console, Orion Slave Girl Bikinis are like the only thing left that hasnt been stolen from the Klingon side to make fed players happy. Why ruin and hurt the KDf side even more? Oh yeah, thats right, because you dont play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kilemorgan wrote: »
    I want to try this a different way this time.

First I am attacking no one.

Why should Fed faction have playable Orions?

Does it add to the flavor as someone would say, or does it detract?

I personally would be for such a thing, but they are already part of the Klingon faction. There is the option to be a Alien if a person just wants the look. I just do not see a reason.

Yes, you could have a green-skinned alien and call them Orions. But they won't have the Seductive trait, or the Seduce ability, or have access to the Orion female costume parts. I think that last is what most people who want Orions in the Fed faction really care about.

Frankly, putting "bikini-clad babes" in Starfleet would detract from the flavor, in my mind. They might fit in at Drozana, Risa, or DS9, but nowhere else. That's just my opinion, of course.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Of all the things to be exclusive, races are probably one of the worst choices. With free will and individuality, there will always be differing opinions and attitudes (search My Species Doth Protest Too Much on TVTropes).

Personally, I think races should be available to all factions by default. Except for some that have to come from the C-Store due to rarity, like Klingons for the Federation and Vulcans for the Klingons.

My view applies to both Playable and Bridge Officer races.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Honestly, it'd be pretty easy to justify Ferengi availability as a KDF race. As a whole, the race has a rather mercenary attitude.

Except its hard to believe a Klingon crew would put up with them. They'd end up gutted before a week was out.
  • Options
    luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    Except its hard to believe a Klingon crew would put up with them. They'd end up gutted before a week was out.

But not all Klingons are barbaric spaceorcs ;-)

You can build an orion character with the "alien" archetype. Thats even better than C-store because it's free ;-) And Federation doesn't need some metalbikini xD
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why would they?

excerpt from Path to 2409:2387
    ......Also occupying Martok's time this year is a possible treaty with the Orions. Realizing that their homeworld in the Rigel system is beset with pollution and is almost completely depleted of natural resources and that Starfleet crackdowns on criminal activity are becoming a serious problem for Syndicate operations, a delegation of Orions led by Melani D'ian opens talks with both the Klingons and the Breen for possible assistance. Melani dangles the promise of Orion support and stockpiles of ancient knowledge and treasures, but refuses to commit to either side until they detail what they could offer the Orions in return......

Sounds like the Orion goverment doesn't trust the federation.

Any Orion in Star Fleet would be a rogue element. Do as others and make one with the Alien generator.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not personally a fan of the Orions - but seeing as how much KDF players prefer Orions, I have the feeling if Federation was to get them as a playable race, either a free or Zen, it would thin out the players on the KDF to an even greater extent.

If something should be done, it's to boost KDF player population, not thin it even more.

Just my opinion, of course.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I say don't restrict it to "Orions." Make it a "Privateer" faction, with access to (nearly) all species of officers. And instead of a single empire's ships, they can have access to the product of all those funky minor races you see in "explore" and "defend starbase" missions.

Sounds to me like a sneaky way to make use of models you've already built. New content without a huge development overhead.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    probe1171probe1171 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What about a unlock for reaching the maimum level?

So if my Betazoid gets to max it unlocks betazoid for the KDF or if I level a Gorn to max it'll unlock Gorn for Feds.

Outfit wise... might cause a few problems. leave the uniforms for the feds and the bikinis for the green strippers.
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think Orions should be added as a playable race, I mean come on you can play as a Klingon for Starfleet why not Orions? sure they will need to wear a uniform, but just being able to seduce and being green. Works for me ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I want a crazed vulcan race for the KDF then.
    :eek:
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As long as they are FULLY clothed and have hair on the men why not
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    As long as they are FULLY clothed and have hair on the men why not

What is this, Star Trek: Amish farm? Star Trek: Burqas and Purity Rings?

STFU!!!
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited December 2012
    Vulcan mind meld is equivalent of orion seduce. Feds just want metal bikinis admit it :P
    I don't see feds asking for those sexy letheans :P rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I admit it. I would pay $20 to put metal bikinis on my toons. No question. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    hanover2 wrote: »

STFU!!!

Starfleet is a uniformed military
    not "Spring break"
    And male orions have hair EXCEPT if they are in the syndicate

What have you against the Amish English?

As to Burkha (pick your own spelling) why not
    its modest and respectable

Purity rings would be hard to add to the Game and harder still to enforce
    Especially as the Religious group that issues them opposes star trek in the first place
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hanover2 wrote: »

STFU!!!

According to some people, yes :rolleyes:
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    Vulcan mind meld is equivalent of orion seduce. Feds just want metal bikinis admit it :P
    I don't see feds asking for those sexy letheans :P rofl

There was every any question about that?

Though the Starfleet Orion I play "seriously" (she is a bit broadly drawn, but only to a similar extent as Captain Kirk) would like to be able to wear her traditional garb as she beats up the rest of her people who became Klingon stooges.
    sollvax wrote: »
    Starfleet is a uniformed military
    not "Spring break"
    And male orions have hair EXCEPT if they are in the syndicate

What have you against the Amish English?

As to Burkha (pick your own spelling) why not
    its modest and respectable place

I'm no longer able to take you seriously.

Also, you may wish to familiarize yourself with the costume tab that says 'off duty'.
    SQUIRREL!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Off duty is for OFF Duty

I find it impossible to take seriously an Admiral dressed as "starfleet Barbie"

Serious people wear CLOTHES
    flippant people strip off
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This thread is an ancient artifact (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it must now be put in the thread museum where it can be forgotten by everyone except thread archaeologists.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the [URL=" http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?&a=51"]PWE Community Rules and Policies[/URL] just report it and avoid posting in it.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on the topic that has received a post within the last 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)! :)

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.