test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Blue Engine Lines

cyrexgamezzzcyrexgamezzz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Hello everyone,

I've been having a problem since I installed Star trek Online again after deleting it a few months ago. I can't see my blue engine lines anymore. When I press the full impulse button, I do see the red ones. Also when I'm in warp, I see nothing, just a ship flying around whithout the blue or red lines. I do see lines behind a ship when someone has like a borg console or a special shield. Does anyone know what to do? I have already tried to update my driver, and already did a scan before starting up the game. I might try to reinstall it, but thought I'd first ask here, cause that usually takes a bit longer. Oh and last thing, I normally just download the game but this time downloaded it by using bitt torrent, could this be it?

CyrexG
Post edited by cyrexgamezzz on

Comments

• matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Try switching your Lighting Quality to High.
  • cyrexgamezzzcyrexgamezzz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Try switching your Lighting Quality to High.

I have tried that, but unfortunately it didn't work.
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I thought engine trails had been removed? Within the time frame you said you have been missing.

Although last night, I took my Galaxy out for a spin and noticed at full impulse, the Impulse trails were back (red lines), but only at full impulse. And not on any of my other ships.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • thepopeofbeersthepopeofbeers Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Engine trails have been missing for some people ever since a patch back in April. Better minds than me have suggested that it has something to do with what version of DirectX you have installed on your computer, but no one knows for sure.

The only dev response so far has been "lol engine trails are still there silly," so I wouldn't expect this to be fixed anytime soon, unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cyrexgamezzzcyrexgamezzz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Engine trails have been missing for some people ever since a patch back in April. Better minds than me have suggested that it has something to do with what version of DirectX you have installed on your computer, but no one knows for sure.

The only dev response so far has been "lol engine trails are still there silly," so I wouldn't expect this to be fixed anytime soon, unfortunately.

Okay thanks for the replies both of you, kinda sucks but guess I will have to wait for another patch :(
  • enemyoffateenemyoffate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    At least Klingons won't be able to track you:D
    Plato Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
    Plato
  • thepopeofbeersthepopeofbeers Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Okay thanks for the replies both of you, kinda sucks but guess I will have to wait for another patch :(

Borg, Breen, and Reman engine trails should still be visible, though, if you want to equip one to your ship. They're visible on my computer anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]