test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Packs Worthless on Exchange

dontliketolosedontliketolose Member Posts: 63 Arc User
I've noticed the prices for ships on the exchange being, so it is ridiculously low priced that you can purchase ships by doing one tour the universe. Case in point a mirrior Star Cruiser can be as low as 250,000 EC. While the prime universe, of the same type of ship can cost 120,000 dilithium which is likely more than the prior amount of EC amount. As there are no exchange miniums or listed rates for ships the depreciated value is not fair to the person triying sell a particular type of ship. Fair miniums for sell of ships and other items should be established in the exchange by use of a minium cap for a certain item.
While ship for ship trading should not be changed, I write this due to the rudeness of persons whom spoil sells of these types of items by stating the depreciated price of these items. A minium price cap for a ship on the exchange should be close to 6,000,000 EC for a ship.
To date there is not a valid chart or exchange that informs the people of what should be the value of EC from or to dilithium. In the ship selection, in any star base a cap stops a person from buying a ship if miniums are not meet the same should apply to the exchange.
Post edited by dontliketolose on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I know you want more for your item but the value of something on the Exchange has 2 criteria:

1: How much you want to sell it for.
    2: How much other people are selling it for.

That's the way free enterprise systems work. McDonalds can't sell $8.00 hamburgers if Burger King is selling them for $4.00 even though McDonalds would like to sell them for $8.00. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    a ship (mirror universe ) has a couple of big problems

its RA and up (so almost no demand most RA or up already have a Kick behind ship)
    AND there are plenty of them

Actually if anything they are too expensive

Downgrade it to captains and halve the price and they MIGHT sell
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Players set the prices to whatever they want them to be. If there's oversupply things will become very cheap, just like a real economy.....
  • Options
    migraine999migraine999 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I like burgers...I didn't know you can buy ships at the exchange, How does a person go on a tour of the galaxy?:confused:
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Price control never works, and this is no different.

If they set the min price on a ship to X, and that was 2 to 3 times higher then what people were willing to pay, they simply wouldn't sell. You can't force people to buy something at a given price. They will either buy it at a price they're willing to pay, or they will do without.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    1 ship = 1 key = 125 zen = about 22,000 Dilith = two fairly decent Torpedo launchers

its not worth millions
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When they 1st came out they were costing about a million on the exchange. I grabbed both of mine at the "Bargain" price of 600.000 ec.

Now there are tons on the market so the price is very low. Only the KDF Battlecruiser is sticking close to a million.

When the Tholian lock boxes go away expect the price to increase. The current console pack sells for 700.000 ec, the previous one sells for 5 mil.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't think the OP understands how a free market works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ships are selling too low! Common Boffs are selling too high! The sky is falling! :rolleyes:

Welcome to free market capitalism 101. The exchange prices are going to rise or fall based on supply AND demand. Right now the exchange is flooded with mirror ships and a good number of people who want one already have one. So either man up and sell it at a lower price if you want to get rid of it and get some fast EC. Or have some patience, wait for the Tholian boxes to be replaced by whatever comes next, and watch the exchange as the supply of mirror ships dwindles and the price goes back up.
  • Options
    luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I sold mine Mirror Assault Cruiser fir 3.600.000Credits xD That was on the first day when the new Lockboxes were avalaible. You just sold yours to late :o
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As some of the others said, pretty much basic economics at work.

Personally, I find it really awesome how cheap they are atm, I think they are great for F2P players to get a free, and guaranteed ship at RA level. Is is going to be the best of the best? Not really, but it's something.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I have one myself (cost me just under the quarter mill) bought for an Alt who is himself mirror universe

At the moment he is a captain but in 7 levels he will Have the last ship he will ever buy waiting and ready to roll

Now all I need is a ISS prefix code (which id happily pay for hint hint)
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I know you want more for your item but the value of something on the Exchange has 2 criteria:

1: How much you want to sell it for.
    2: How much other people are selling it for.

That's the way free enterprise systems work. McDonalds can't sell $8.00 hamburgers if Burger King is selling them for $4.00 even though McDonalds would like to sell them for $8.00. :)

I know what you mean.....but....and I know you deserve a break today....but.....

Yes they can. All day long. You left out a bit. That bit is what people are willing to pay or what is sometimes called what the market will bear.

How many burgers can burger king sell before they run out, or can no longer supply them in a timely fashion? Where do customers go then?

It's an interesting study as most studies of human behavior can be.

There's so many items involved here, but one thing is certain. The supply of mirror ships will dry up before the supply of EC. Sit on your ships for now. The WORST thing that can happen is that you give it to a new friend or a new alt in a few months time.

And why'd you have to mention burgers? Now I'm so hungry I don't even think anything I typed made any sense. I should've just typed...

NOM NOM NOM NOM soooooo hungry!!!!!!

Does mikey d's take EC??
  • Options
    milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What is the name of this cheap console I saw refered too earlier? Is it the console for the tholian web? I'm curious since I'm thinking bout buying a mirror ship.
  • Options
    quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited August 2012
    250k for a Mirror Star Cruiser? Way too expensive.

The thing is worse than the free equivalent, it has negative value. Only an idiot would pay millions for that.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    thissler wrote: »
    There's so many items involved here, but one thing is certain. The supply of mirror ships will dry up before the supply of EC. Sit on your ships for now. The WORST thing that can happen is that you give it to a new friend or a new alt in a few months time.

Hence the free market. Good things come to those who wait. :D
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What we need is a dilithium turn in like they set up for the winter stuff.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well maybe in a year or two if there is no rerun, it might hit 1 or 2M, at most. It will never be more expensive, there are too many stocks. I have 10 mirror ships myself, just for the fun of having them. :D

It's a good thing, people can buy cheap ships if they don't want to pay for a c-store one and if they want something different. It's not a bad one, it's a RA one, and it's ok to play all the content the game offers. There is no need to pay to play STFs or fleet actions, even if we all do that.

If you find the price too low, make a complaint to cryptic, ask them to make it VA ships or to lower the droprate (but you would have probably ended with a fleetcredit boost in that case). It's not the players fault if they don't want to fly this ship.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Where to start...?

First and foremost - there's too many of them for the price to be higher. Have a look at the Assault and Star Cruisers - hundreds of them. If you want your stuff to even display on the list, let alone sell, you have to set quite a low price. Secondly, those ships aren't that unique. One can get them for free while leveling (though with a different look). If they're not selling good now, they won't sell with a higher price tag on them.

It's a bit different with the Mirror Vor'cha because a) it has a different BOff layout b) there are less Klingon players who c) probably mostly prefer to keep this baby :)

Bought all three of them but to say the truth I only fly the Klingon one. The rest of them are still packed and I really don't know what to do with them. Sell in a year's time for 700000 EC? Give them to my Science officer to see how cruisers work with her? Buy more of them so all of my characters can use mirror skins?

Don't get me wrong - I think it is great Cryptic decided to include them in the boxes with a high chance for drop. I do hope there will be more of this kind in future crates (i.e. Galaxy class with Excelsior stats and ability to equip the Saucer separation console :D).
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    After opening a lot of the new lockboxes, I can tell you that the drop rate for the Mirror ships is around 7.5%. That's pretty high, really. There are a lot of them available, and consequently, their value is low.
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I hope they have ships that are easy to get like this every new lockbox as they are priced right to try them out and if you don't like them it's not like it cost you 50 million ec like some of the other ships.
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why in bloody hell would you want prices to go up? That's like wiping before you TRIBBLE. It doesn't make any sense.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Supply vs Demand. You must wait for the Supply to dry up (Tholian Box Ends) and then the price will increase. It takes a long while but it does happen.
  • Options
    kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    People complain that the odds of getting something useful from lockboxes is too low, so they put more value into them and what happens?

People complain that oversupply due to the higher odds is horrible.

Lol, markets are so entertaining sometimes :)
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Pack a few away in your bank. When Tholian fever wears off, the prices will go up.
  • Options
    milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Pack a few away in your bank. When Tholian fever wears off, the prices will go up.

Thats what I am planning to do. Buy two or three of them at 500,000 EC and then open one hold onto the other two and sell them for 10,000,000 EC a piece when the oversupply dries up
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2012
    azniadeet wrote: »

Yeah I wonder how many have put like 50 away and are waiting for the exchange to dry up and then sell one at a time for a few million ec. Thinking about making a new character right now that will be called "ship bank" lol
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What? Wait ... LMAO.

This is a nice change to all those threads complaining about the high price of Locked Box ships. Seriously, its all about supply and demand, and there are tons of Mirror ships flooding the market compared to The Cardie/Bug/D'Kora.

Too funny.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Why in bloody hell would you want prices to go up? That's like wiping before you TRIBBLE. It doesn't make any sense.

Can't please everyone I guess.... :D
  • Options
    jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    milner62 wrote: »
    Thats what I am planning to do. Buy two or three of them at 500,000 EC and then open one hold onto the other two and sell them for 10,000,000 EC a piece when the oversupply dries up
    Forget about it. Nobody's going to buy those ships for ten million EC. You'll be lucky if you'll get three, maybe four million.
This discussion has been closed.