test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did the Peanut Lab survey

flywizflywiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So, I decided, hey, I'll try out the Peanut Lab survey, to get some free Zen. So, I did it, and, about 5 minutes later, I noticed that whenever I googled something, it would take me to some weird website, and I would have to exit out of that window, and try again about 4 times to finally get where I wanted to go. I checked my virus program (comodo) and did a scan. I have probably 20 separate viruses/malware/trojan programs on my computer. I checked the last time it did a scan, about 2 days ago, and there were none of these viruses. So, I'm really frustrated; Did these "Peanut Labs" give me a handful of viruses? That's the only explanation, because I didn't go on any unfamiliar sites in the past 2 days.

-DJ
Post edited by flywiz on

Comments

• Options
    rjam0rjam0 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, you didn't expect to get free Zen for nothing did you?

Life is all about give and take, you take Zen...they give viruses, I fail to see the problem here?

:P
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    rjam0 wrote: »
    Well, you didn't expect to get free Zen for nothing did you?

Life is all about give and take, you take Zen...they give viruses, I fail to see the problem here?

:P

I was just bored, had nothing to do, and it said free Zen. I expected it would take me to something where I would have to demo something, I didn't expect this. :(

I didn't even get any zen.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,846 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't know what to say, I've done a bunch of them and seem to be okay. I haven't done any scans (I will do some while I sleep soon just in case.) But so far everything seems okay to me. I haven't noticed anything screwed up.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've also done surveys and had no issues, probably because I have AdBlock installed in my browser.

Plugins like AdBlock or NoScript are must-haves for internet browsing these days.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'll be sure to get those. I just decided I'm going to factory reset my computer, I don't have much to lose on my computer. It's just sad because I won't be able to play STO for a few days, since it usually takes so long to download. :(
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hopefully they didn't get any valuable information off of your computer before you pulled the plug.
    I never use Internet Explorer. only Firefox with Adblock, NoScript and Flashblock, then I decide what websites show me, not them.
    There's no such thing as free, half of them want you to sign up for something and the rest want to install a "useful" toolbar in your browser, after which your computer isn't yours anymore.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hypl wrote: »
    I've also done surveys and had no issues, probably because I have AdBlock installed in my browser.

Plugins like AdBlock or NoScript are must-haves for internet browsing these days.

^^^ This as well as PeerBlock
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    hitchslappedhitchslapped Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i don't know why they keep telling people it's with peanut labs, it isn't, it's with sponsorypay, a totally different company.