test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase DOff Contributions - Unable to contribute DOff's from Lt. Ferra?

blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
Are the DOff's from commendation levels or purchased from Lt. Ferra's shop restricted from being contributed to Starbase special projects?

I ran into a problem contributing an Ultra-Rare DOff to one of the 'station officer' special projects. It would not recognize the Ultra-Rare I wanted to contribute. At first, thought it was because it was bound, but I believe I have contributed bound DOff's before. Realized it was from Lt. Ferra's shop; actually pretty sure it was a commendation DOff.

Has anyone else been able to contribute a DOff from Lt. Ferra's shop to a starbase project? Or, is it a restriction only on the "free" DOff's from the commendation reward? Just wondering if it's a bug that I should report, or if it's by design.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
"Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
Post edited by blackjackwidow on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yea, they are...

My geuss is that Cryptic saw that if people could just buy them for dilithium right away or use rewards, less people would spend Zen from the C-Store and buy less DuOff boxes.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Unfortunately, that was my conclusion as well. I could somewhat understand the commendation reward ones, even though I might argue that after reaching Tier IV, I should be able to contribute that DOff (you can contribute the colony chain reward ones, right?).

But the purchased ones cost all that time PLUS quite a bit of dilithium. I see no difference in buying those to contribute, versus say, purchasing the commodities or turrets or whatever.

Quite a bummer.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Yea, they are...

My geuss is that Cryptic saw that if people could just buy them for dilithium right away or use rewards, less people would spend Zen from the C-Store and buy less DuOff boxes.

I don't think that's true at all. I think you're seeing evil because you want to see evil!

It makes sense to restrict them, or you would have an unlimited supply of doffs to contribute, and there would be no challenge. They might as well just replace DOffs with another Dilithium contribution because that's what it would amount to.

Am I the only one that's glad they did this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I deposit DOFF's from ferra as well as bound from active duty all the time. Their is a hidden tier system in the DOFF's set up. If you have the wrong tier it wont take the doff's bound or not. I first noticed it while leveling up the commendation long before the SB's came online. I just never realized the significance until after the SB's were up. The break down is each rarity has two tiers low and high. 3 and less traits is a low tier 4 or more is high. The SB's require low tier doff's of the rarity.

This tier system is why when you level up commendation and you get a purchase of say a green doff you go to the store and only half of the greens are available for purchase.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hunh... kinda makes sense I guess.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg