test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Second Star to the Right..." Unable to enter Alhena system

ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Doing the mission "Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning" and I've gotten completely stuck. I managed to enter the system the first time, and disabled the DeWitt, did the boarding section and interrogated the captain, but when it came time to leave, it dumped me out in sector space. It started the "Seeking a path to glory" section of the mission, with the objective saying "Go to the Alhena System" - but I can't. The window allowing me to enter the system does not pop up. I've tried changing instance, moving to different sectors, relogging and completely restarting the client.

Any suggestions for a fix or am I out of luck?
Post edited by ruinsfate on

Comments

• Options
    aktagaktag Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello has anyone resolved this? I am having the same problem.
  • Options
    tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hit this too. It's either skip it or start the whole thing over. Such a shame. Reported almost a year ago too. I guess in the grand scheme of things it's pretty minor; but, still frustrating. :(
  • Options
    grendel28grendel28 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i was so happy about the nausicaan clothing/gear/ship synergy and so sad to still see this problem over a year later
    no matter where you go, there you are
    -buckaroo bonzai

OpFor Red [KDF] / OpFor Blue [FED]
    @baphomeh in game
  • Options
    iwwonderbciwwonderbc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    STILL not fixed, at least provide a work around that does not involve starting the whole thing over again.
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    the Alhena system is where you get deuterium surplus from a repeatable daily mission- that mission has been bugged and inaccessible for months and Cryptic KNOWS. This is probably that bug spilling over into your episodes.
  • Options
    silenthunteruksilenthunteruk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Still having this myself - may have to repeat this myself.
  • Options
    neillbneillb Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I’m going to add to this thread, because I recently experienced gameplay issues that sound somewhat similar. I’ve included a link to a video that shows what I experience:

https://youtu.be/RymhmljEjeY.

As the linked video will show, after I get to the bridge of the DeWitt, I cannot interrogate her captain, despite that being the next step in the mission. The exclamation point icon that normally highlights the person of interest doesn’t appear, meaning I am unable to continue the mission. I forgot to highlight in the video that the “Select” choice to interrogate the captain also doesn’t appear (unusually, that part of my HUD is in the lower-right). This is a huge problem because it also means I cannot continue levelling up my character.

I suggest you submit a bug report, as I have done.