test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BOFFs don't help me

horatiobarryhoratiobarry Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When I am knocked out in ground combat my away team BOFFs don't help me to get up again, even spamming the "Help!"-button does not help. If they defeat the enemy they just stand around without noticing me, if not I have to respawn. Especially on the maps with just one respawn point, mostly exploration maps, this is rather annoying.

(And yes, I treated them always with great respect, but I still hope it's no mutiny ;) )
Post edited by horatiobarry on

Comments

• enemyoffateenemyoffate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I noticed this also, usually comes down to having to stay back a bit, just so my BOFF's usually have to take one for the team. I don't know if it's a bug or intended, i've just been carrying extra hypos and shield charges because of it.:eek:
    Plato Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
    Plato
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yup, known issue. There's a bunch of threads about it. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
  • dayamarsanadayamarsana Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What?! You mean your Bridge Officers are acting like 95% of the STO Player base and not getting fallen players up at critical times?

Huh... Guess I never really noticed... could be because they know better then to annoy me... reguarlly 'upgrade' to better ones when possible. It generally helps to not get incappacitated to...

Well yes I've seen the BOFFs not come get up a character when they sat there and clicked help a few times.. even non stop clicked help until all the hostile NPC's in the area were dead.
    But to be honest I've seen players do this too.

--- To the Forums Trolls
    Yes I know.. and no I dont really care.
  • velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You don't have to respawn; there's a workaround. Set a rally point for one of your bridge officers right next to you, then hit the "help" button. They'll revive you.

This is a really annoying bug though, especially if you somehow get separated from your team.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • dayamarsanadayamarsana Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    velktra wrote: »
    You don't have to respawn; there's a workaround. Set a rally point for one of your bridge officers right next to you, then hit the "help" button. They'll revive you.

This is a really annoying bug though, especially if you somehow get separated from your team.

You mean when you inevitably get seperated from your BOFF team because they cant figure out how the Turbolift works?
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yup, known issue. There's a bunch of threads about it. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Thank god for that, I was considering the "execute officer for incompetance" doff job...but for my whole Fed bridge crew! :P

Now I know its a bug I'll forgive them :D

Seriously annoying bug though. Another season 6 sideeffect I wonder? :rolleyes:
    server_hamster6.png
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I believe only science officers have the cardiopulmonary resuscitation ability that revives downed allies. So make sure you have a science bridge officer.

Also, when you are down, you need to make sure to click the passive mode button up near where your rally point button is. You have three modes: passive, normal, and aggressive. In the default normal mode bridge officers prioritize returning fire on enemies before they bother healing anyone. In passive mode they will prioritize healing first. So click passive and then call for help.

But you are right, even after following all of the above, it seems they only help me about 50% of the time.
  • velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You mean when you inevitably get seperated from your BOFF team because they cant figure out how the Turbolift works?

Or when they get stuck in a door because they can't figure out to turn before trying to go through it... :D
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.