test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cstore exploit

ikenstein1ikenstein1 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
I reported an exploit as a ticket. Twice. It got closed. If I type the exploit here everyone will do it.

Here's a tip. When someone reports an exploit you should fix it, instead of just closing the damn ticket.

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Generally when a ticket gets closed that means it has been escalated to the appropriate division. Any forthcoming fix will be in a future patch - as they can't generally add in new code without a patch.

And sometimes it can take quite a while to find the reason for the bug. Reporting it just makes them aware of it. That's why they as you to give as much detail as possible about what you were doing so they can replicate it to find the culprit. So it's very important for them to know the exact steps you took when the bug occurred.

I remember when the Devidian series came out and there was a bug that caused many people to crash after they clicked the computers on the True Way ship in part 1. It took them weeks to find that bug - and I think it ended up being a misplaced section of layered graphics on the ceiling.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.