test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deep space, why u no clearance?!

waveofthefuturewaveofthefuture Member Posts: 97 Arc User
Will some one please explain to me what deep space is used for? All I ever get its, "you don't have clearance to warp to deep space", even at lvl 50. So what is it for?
Post edited by waveofthefuture on

Comments

• ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You didn't hear?

Starfleet, back in 2402, banned any and all excursions into deep space.

Something about an endangered space owl or something that was being spooked by our warp drives.

You now need a special permit to leave the boundaries of Federation space, and other occupied territories. Violaters will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

:cool:

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    This message is received when you run into an edge of a Sector Map that leads to nowhere. Only certain edges have adjacent sectors, and they can be seen on the galaxy or area map (default key "M").

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • mogwaimogwai Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    in a closed universe even deep space needs maintenance
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "To boldly go where everyone has gone before". :cool:
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    I've always looked at it as sections of space where even scans have revealed very little of anything that can be mapped or explored.

Imagine The Void that Voyager had to cross. It would have taken them 4 years to cross it if they hadn't come across that Malon wormhole. Sensor scans never brought up anything that they could ever study.

I imagine Deep Space to be this as well: Most ships just aren't equipped to venture into the great unknown.

....Although that doesn't really explain why there are some sections of Deep Space on the map that have been fully encircled by explored space. It's only a matter of time for that part to be explored then..
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • waveofthefuturewaveofthefuture Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It would be cool if there was some kind of deep space exploration mission. Isn't that what the enterprise was supposed to do?
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I remember reading a few threads back around Season 4 where people had somehow ended up beyond the Deep Space Boundary. Effectively this left them with a vast space to fly through as they went off the map - iirc, they said it was much larger than sector space, which I thought was mindboggling considering our current setup.
  • cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    It's what Voyager itself was designed to do. Heck. The Deep Space Science Vessel is named that for a reason.

Problem is that all the nebulae in the game represent the "Vast Unknown" where we make first contact with alien species and investigate federation outposts that are lightyears away from any other form of contact.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The closest thing we have to that is the exploration clusters. But, really... the game engine can't handle it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • waveofthefuturewaveofthefuture Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    EXPAND THE GAME ENGINE. #insanity wolf
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The universe should have been shaped like a giant Warp Bubble. It would also explain why certain players are no longer around. :D
  • zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think it would be nice if all the edges of sector space, that lead no where (in game), would be connected to either the closest Nebula/Explore Space or have new nebula/explore space placed (possibly with new explore missions) there as a place-holder for when they do expand into that sector.

I still want to travel to Betazed though, please? My family misses my brothers Tielbor and Nyrez as well as myself (I hope!)! Sadly, the Federation has banned us from leaving sector space to go home to Betazed, a Federation Planet.. Instead, we have to stay in transwarp, diverting to Cardassian space.

:( :mad:
    Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
    Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
    Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    I think it would be nice if all the edges of sector space, that lead no where (in game),

That would be cool. A little warning (yes/no popup) informing you a wormhole will transport you to a random location would be cool.
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Deep Space doesn't work because Cryptic doesn't want us out there, exploring unknown space like in Trek.

They want us all crammed into the latest Event that they created.
  • dood98998dood98998 Member Posts: 389
    edited July 2012
    eagledraco wrote: »
    Deep Space doesn't work because Cryptic doesn't want us out there, exploring unknown space like in Trek.

They want us all crammed into the latest Event that they created.

Actually, they want us throwing money out the window on their noext lockbox scam :P
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Deep space is pointless, should just be an invisible wall
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    "To boldly go where everyone has gone before". :cool:

Or in this case, to boldly go where nothing exists to go to yet :)
  • scarisbags2scarisbags2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There should be deep space missons that you can do maybe they should add them at season 10
  • scarisbags2scarisbags2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dood98998 wrote: »
    Actually, they want us throwing money out the window on their noext lockbox scam :P

i hate the lockboxes
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i hate the lockboxes

I hate necro-posting... that didn stop you?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas