test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shut down the servers, fix your game, reset

vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Simple solution no?

With the arrival of S6, also comes the arrival of horrendous and numerous bugs.

Why don't you guys, Cryptic, do the right thing for your wallet... erm, um, players.

Shut down your servers for a WHOLE day or two, and FIX THEM! Get all those pesky bugs fixed FINALLY.

Spend a little time not trying to make the next penny, and take care of your game.

It feels like we are all your babies that you get money from the government for,.. you know.. those people who only have kids for the money, and neglect them badly.

Don't beat me mommy, don't hate me daddy, give me love! Fix your game! :cool:
:eek:
Post edited by vinru821 on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A one day shutdown would not help get rid of all bugs. Most bugs take days just to track down what is happening wrongly in the code, and even then the fix may not be obvious, requiring non-trivial amounts of time. Sometimes you have to track things live to be able to source where the bugs are residing, and Cryptic has left servers on past the known breaking point to finally trace down some of the bugs plaguing the servers.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why would shutting down the servers speed up the process of fixing bugs?
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    Why would shutting down the servers speed up the process of fixing bugs?

First rule of programming: Never patch or program directly to live code. It;s too easy to TRIBBLE things up and make things worse than they already are.

That's why we have the test servers.