test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First City minimap broken since S6 launch

inexpugnabilisinexpugnabilis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since S6 launch, the minimap in the First City is all black and all the icons are packed into a kind of a singularity at the user's location. Not that it matters, since most Fed players (first-rate citizens of STO) don't really mingle on Qo'noS that much, and Klingon players (third-rate citizens) are only 16% of the player base, ergo you can ignore bugs that detract from KDF play, ergo the percentage will keep dropping, ergo you can care even less about all the bugs and other faults, ergo... *ad nauseam* It makes for a lovely circulus vitiosus, though. :rolleyes:
_______this line is here because Imperfect World's forum can't separate the signature from the post_______

Cryptic's professionalism
Post edited by inexpugnabilis on

Comments

• trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That may be just because the map is zoomed all the way... it's apparently the new standard for Season 6, at least on ground maps (space is zoomed all the way in).

If it's that way regardless of the map zoom, then that is a real bug.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • inexpugnabilisinexpugnabilis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    That may be just because the map is zoomed all the way... it's apparently the new standard for Season 6, at least on ground maps (space is zoomed all the way in).

If it's that way regardless of the map zoom, then that is a real bug.

I guess this is what they call a new "feature" of S6? Just like the broken key binds. And the devious removal of the lockbox spam option from the options menu, and its relocation into a separate menu where it's magically activated even though I specifically deactivated it before the S6 launch machinations. I really love this company.
    _______this line is here because Imperfect World's forum can't separate the signature from the post_______

Cryptic's professionalism
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    btw you can change the zoom level of theminimap now. mouseover then use the scroll wheel
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • yaybooyayboo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    btw you can change the zoom level of theminimap now. mouseover then use the scroll wheel
    Except you can't in Qo'nos. And zoom in button is also not working.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *tries it*

Dang.... yeah, that sucks.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg