test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Special Project "Trade mission to Gamma Quad" problem?

boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The starbase special project "Trade Mission to the Gamma Quadrant" requires you to pay in a certain amount of Green Traders. I have a ton of green traders spread between 3 alts, but the mission won't accept all of them, only some of them.

At first, I thought it might be because some are bound, some aren't. Nope. The mission will take some of either, but not all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by boglejam73 on

Comments

• Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can you tell if those greens that you can;t do anything with are specific in some way? Gotten from Lt. Ferra? Holograms? Do they have a lock icon on their info panel?

I know we can;t send some specific doffs to the grinder. I wonder if this is more of the same.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It seems to display all of your applicable doffs as available whether they are actually available or not.

The ones you are having problems with might just be on assignment.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    It seems to display all of your applicable doffs as available whether they are actually available or not.

The ones you are having problems with might just be on assignment.

I thought that too so I double checked. ( Traders, 7 of which are green, 5 of which are not on assignemnt...won't let me contribute.

I think maybe some of the green traders didn't get marked properly as traders to be contributed to the special project.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Can you tell if those greens that you can;t do anything with are specific in some way? Gotten from Lt. Ferra? Holograms? Do they have a lock icon on their info panel?

I know we can;t send some specific doffs to the grinder. I wonder if this is more of the same.

The lock on them indicates they are bound, right? Some of the ones I contributed had locks, some didn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    I thought that too so I double checked. ( Traders, 7 of which are green, 5 of which are not on assignemnt...won't let me contribute.

I think maybe some of the green traders didn't get marked properly as traders to be contributed to the special project.

Oh. I thought it was only white doffs that could be contributed. It will only show white doffs for me :/
    I need a beer.

• Options
    awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh. I thought it was only white doffs that could be contributed. It will only show white doffs for me :/
    The Special Project mentioned in this thread's subject requires green traders specifically.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    awolfe59 wrote: »
    The Special Project mentioned in this thread's subject requires green traders specifically.

How odd, because it's not allowing me to contribute green doffs, only white quality. :confused:
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    How odd, because it's not allowing me to contribute green doffs, only white quality. :confused:

It may be a different version of the same mission. When you hover over the contribute button, it should say either common or uncommon. Also, the icon used to represent the DOFF category in the fleet screens will be white for common or green for uncommon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also, the icon used to represent the DOFF category in the fleet screens will be white for common or green for uncommon.

Hmmm, strange. I'm looking at the Trade mission project and while the icon is green and it;s for uncommon traders, in the Engineering Construction projects project, while the icon is blue, it;s for white engineering commons.

And both have white backgrounds.

I don't think the icon color in this case applies.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hmmm, strange. I'm looking at the Trade mission project and while the icon is green and it;s for uncommon traders, in the Engineering Construction projects project, while the icon is blue, it;s for white engineering commons.

And both have white backgrounds.

I don't think the icon color in this case applies.

OK, so maybe the icons aren't correctly color coded. But the project text is for uncommon (green) traders, and I have contributed 5 out of the 6 required. None of the 7 other green traders will go, thou.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited July 2012

^^^
    This is the exact issue - the selection screen doesn't exclude Doffs on assignment or on ship or ground duty (although it should); so if you select one in that state, the transfering donation screen will just sit there until you cancel it. /Bugged it a couple of times.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ^^^
    This is the exact issue - the selection screen doesn't exclude Doffs on assignment or on ship or ground duty (although it should); so if you select one in that state, the transfering donation screen will just sit there until you cancel it. /Bugged it a couple of times.

Yeah, except that isn't my problem. I can't contribute any of the 7 green traders. After I contributed the first 5, the contribute button doesn't light up. Its like the project looks at my DOFF roster, sees 7 available green traders (none of which are on assignment or on the ground roster) and just refuses to let me contribute any of them.

If I got to the point where I could contribute one of them and the window just hanged because the DOFF was otherwise engaged, that would be an improvement. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You cannot contribute DOFFs obtained via dilithium purchase at the academy. Perhaps this is your problem?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    awolfe59 wrote: »
    You cannot contribute DOFFs obtained via dilithium purchase at the academy. Perhaps this is your problem?

Could be. Thanks.

But really, that makes no sense in terms of in-game logic. Nothing prevents me from dismissing those DOFFs or trading them in with the racial DOFF dealers for someone else. Why would they not prevent me from using those there but then prevent me from using them on a fleet project?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nothing prevents me from dismissing those DOFFs or trading them in with the racial DOFF dealers for someone else.
    They can't be traded in with the Officer Reassignment at the Personnel Officer, are you saying the racial-specific ones bypass that restriction?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm not 100% sure (at work) but I don't remember not being able to trade in/out any doff, bound or otherwise, by either outright dismissing them or trading a bunch in for one of higher quality. Racial DOFF swaps not sure on.

Either way thou, why can I dismiss them for varying dilithium payoffs but not contribute bound doffs or doffs bought with dilithium to a fleet project? Seems like it would be in PWE/Cryptics financial best interest to have me burn them on something that doesn't have a chance to be converted to zen on the exchange.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Without putting too much thought into it, I suppose it would devalue the DOff packs in the cashshop.
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I get a similar problem two days ago, but with a project asking for common security doffs.
    I had 5 unbounded available security doffs but i couldn't contribute with any of them, the button just was disabled.
    Somebody else could contribute since that project was finished before i logged out.
    I haven't had the same problem again
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm having this problem... It states, "5 Traders", no uncommon, rare, very rare or common traders, just Traders.

What the fack?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Could be. Thanks.

But really, that makes no sense in terms of in-game logic. Nothing prevents me from dismissing those DOFFs or trading them in with the racial DOFF dealers for someone else. Why would they not prevent me from using those there but then prevent me from using them on a fleet project?

You cannot contribute any DOffs obtained from Lt. Ferra's shop. This includes the 'free' commendation tier ones, as well as the ones you've purchased with dilithium. I can't speak to the "logic", other than to agree that it is probably because they want you to buy DOff packs from the c-store, and therefore don't want you to be able to go buy what you need from Lt. Ferra's shop, and instantly turn around and contribute it to the starbase.

It's very frustrating, particularly in the green category, where I went a little crazy the first time and bought almost all of them to help my leveling. :)

The only ways of which I'm aware to get rid of them is to dismiss them for dilithium, or by doing the Officer Exchange missions in the Gamma Quadrant. I personally use the officers in the Officer Exchange missions even if they have no matching traits, since the duty officer you receive is unbound.

This only works with non-civilians, though. You can only dismiss the civilians, because you can't trade IN anything but officers, but you CAN get civilians back. Another frustrating aspect of the system, imo.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)