test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warping Out Changed Again - Please Revert

hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
It seems that the Episode 6 code branch changed things yet again. Now all ships that warp out, regardless of their position, facing, etc, appear to be aiming at one pre-defined warp-out point per system.

Avoiding traffic in the ship's path is one thing, but I've seen ships come to a halt and turn ninety degrees or more to aim at that invisible magic spot.

Could we have this put back to how it was, please? It's terribly clunky now, IMO.
Post edited by hfmudd on

Comments

• logandarklighterlogandarklighter Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Signed. This is annoying.

So is the Galor Spam. It's back. *sigh*
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Signed. This is annoying.

So is the Galor Spam. It's back. *sigh*

Didn notice the OP issue... but I geuss you might be right.

Galor spam: It's changed its location. Click the minimap-down-arrow and find "Notification Settings"... You can turn it off there.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    Agreed. I don't like that the game now forces my character to watch himself beam out if I join an instanced mission like an STF, or watching my ship turn 90+ degrees just to warp out of ANY AND EVERY MAP IN THE GAME.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree, it is a tad annoying, same with the old broken camera for an Odyssey.
  • glykenglyken Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seems to be if the warp animation would make it hit the map edge, it turns to an angle where it won't.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't mind the warp animation, but the beam out for joining events/STF's is annoying.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't mind the warp animation, but the beam out for joining events/STF's is annoying.

I always beam out with style by saluting. I can;t do that any more....
  • iggmann88iggmann88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hfmudd wrote: »
    Avoiding traffic in the ship's path is one thing, but I've seen ships come to a halt and turn ninety degrees or more to aim at that invisible magic spot.

Pffft, its so bad for me sometimes that "I" go out of the way to find a clear warp out, just for it to pull a 180 and warp into Earth Space Dock.... Or into an asteroid just because it doesnt want to go my way... :mad: lol

Also it would be better if the ship actually flew forward and banked into a clear path, rather than instant stop turn sliding on its axis (cruisers) and warp from a stand still... Lets get some cinematic warp sequences.. :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQYn8nqA0fk *drool*
  • gamecrazygamecrazy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree it is a bit annoying
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is kind of annoying to me, too. Especially at Sol system. Set our departure spawn point to opposite facing as we have had for two years. As most player's are likely leaving the map shortly thereafter. Put Earth and ESD behind us. And set the warp-out point of the map facing away as well.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • dood98998dood98998 Member Posts: 389
    edited July 2012
    .This is annoying, but not nearly as annoying as the fact that, from SFA, we can beam out directly to sirius, but not if you are in ESD. I use lame internet and a somewhat old comp. And the earth space traffic means it adds a whole 2-3 mins to my journey just being stuck in lagg.
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D