test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone seeing odd Console Prototype results?

2»

Comments

• goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    admgreer wrote: »
    Wow you are getting way more tac consoles that me. I have crafted 6 more since my last post and all 6 were science consoles. 1 purple, 2 blue 3 green.

Well Im starting to believe (as abcde123123 pointed out) that the time of day has some influence on the outcome, and if you do them in a row on the same day you have a much larger chance to get the same type (Eng/Tac/Sci).
    The 4 last consoles i did in a row. I think it's fun not knowing the outcome but I only have about 30 Strange Artifacts left and starting to think that it's better to just sell them and then buy the consoles I want. The making of the Powered SA is not cheap (having start to buy some of the traces).

Gonna start to add a timestamp to my stats and see where that goes.
  • admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well I decided to change somethings. I was using 5 ENG Doffs with stubborn and getting SCI consoles almost every time, I changed to 5 Eng doffs with Efficent and started getting Eng consoles almost everytime. I then started using officers with resolve and cunning (I cant find any Eng Doffs with Cunning and resolve at any quality) and I started getting TAC consoles all be they were just 3 pre-fire chambers in a row . So it is either just a strange coincidence or the crit trait for the officers has something to do with the type of console you get.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That would be interesting if we could verify it...

For a while I thought the doff upgrade missions were biased based on which officer you used to upgrade them. There seemed to be a definite pattern.

Until I started recording all of them, and what I got back from them. With a larger sample size there was no apparent trend. It looked much more random, though at times you can get several similar in a row, that is statistically possible also with random generation.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The entire Doffing system is pretty heavily messed up on odds.

I received 3 XII green countermeasures in a row, using 3 purple engs, 2 blues with 3 critical traits.. my chance to get green is pretty low. Whats the pattern? I put the assignment in at the same time at night and check it at the same time in the morning.. I stopped doing that, now I get purples WAY over the average. You can use the screwed up system to your advantage by noting the times you are doing these things and results.

The great part? The devs will never change it or even acknowledge it as an issue.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
    edited October 2012
    Well changing the Crit trait from Stubborn to Efficent has now had my results producing way more Eng consoles where as I was using all Stubborn trait and getting almost all Sci consoles (22 out of 30) I then did 15 with Efficent as the crit trait and got 12 Eng consloes 2 Tac and 1 Sci console. I did 3 with Ferangi Sci Doffs with Resolve and Cunning and got 3 Tac consoles in a row. (crappy one's) but Tac none the least.
  • nelly1956nelly1956 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    goltzhar wrote: »
    Available only in 2 sectors:
    Fed - Omega Leonis Sector
    Kli - Sirius Sector.

You can recieve the Strange artifact on ANY of the Return Artifacts missions on Critical. It doesn't matter what sector.
    edited November 2012
    I have been non-stop crafting now that the Strange alien objects are dropping in the DOFF packs. And everyone is gobbeling them up trying to get the Jem Haddar ship. The exchange is flooded with artifacts cheap. I still am getting Bio Function and Stealth monitors and Pre fire chambers over and over. I also get alot of Ambiplasma consoles. There is no doubt that the crappy SCI and ENG consoles are purposly dropping and the Good Tac consoles are not. I have gotten 23 Bio function monitors and 18 Stealth consoles. 0 antiproton, 0 phaser, 1 disruptor (Blue) 1 tetryon (blue) 1 Poloron (blue) this is out of 218 Craftings. All the rest have been Armor and EPS and other crappy consoles. And never a Neutronium the one useful Armor console. I wish they would just make it random instead of stacking the drops with TRIBBLE.
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Having bad luck is not the same as the drop table being stacked against you.
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i always get TRIBBLE from the strange alien artifacts too. always.
    edited November 2012
    WOW 3 more days of Crafting. Within 2 or 3 hours on it finishing I start another. I got my 4th purple Diburnium alloy. 2 Bio Function Monitors and a 2 Chronoton infusers and the console that boosts mine damage.. The same 5 or 6 consoles over and over. And hardly ever an energy type booster. After 300 craftings I have learned, That in most of them if it is a purple it will be a console that is junk and if it is Blue it will be an Eng console that may sell on exchange and if it is green it would be a console that you would love to have in purple. Common guys just make it truely random. Stop stacking the drop's with junk. All you have to is look on the exchange to see the mine damage XII purple consoles going for 20k and the Chronoton and Console that give boost to all beam damage going for nothing due to the fact that we who do craft are getting them over and over again.
  • heinekoheineko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I got rich on 3 purple MkXII FGs in a row. Ohohohoho...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Captain Ruri Gokou of the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk
    Catian Atrox Carrier
    edited November 2012
    Taken with several grains of Salt.
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The consoles you list aren't cheap because they're more common, they're cheap because they're awful and no one buys them.
  • somriksomrik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    heineko wrote: »
    I got rich on 3 purple MkXII FGs in a row. Ohohohoho...

Hell Im getting rich off the Blue XI myself. Though 7k a pop for ~900k EC.

Bit of a steep tradeoff tho.

Then again I already have Advanced Catian stalkers. Not much need for Dilith at the mo.