test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: July 2012 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• captainlohcaptainloh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Questions from me.

(1) When will we see Endgame PvE focus, not like the trivial ones we see now? I'm speaking on levels of raiding as such, which is what the community has been asking for so much, instead we are given wallpapers and repacks etc.

(2) When will we see more customization to the itemization of our starships? Right now all bonuses are flat and do not add to the ship as a whole, Weapon [Dmg] [Crit] etc only apply to that weapon alone and not grants a general buff to the whole ship.

(3) Why didn't CBS give the License to CCP instead, who would of done a far better job in creating a Star Trek MMO 'Based' upon their Eve Engine, with that level of Open PVP, we would of seen actual more interest in starbases, pvp from a Kingdom vs Federation perspective, aswell as actual crafting where we could have mining ships etc to gather materials to construct new ships and weapons. The game seems rather watered down, as far an extent to comparable to Eden Eternal.
  • ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Voyager bundle any info you can provide on it? For example will it have an interior or special white quality weapons like the TOS and DS9 bundle.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1. Will we ever be able to customize our weapons (from STO wiki)?

2. Will we ever be able to make custom modifier combinations via the crafting system? A good example would be what SWKOTOR2 allowed players to do via equipment upgrades - For example: Add this scope, that power cell, and the firing chamber on the other side of the workbench (ok, so you just pick the components, but it looked like a neat description), and you get PRECISELY the modifiers you wanted on your blaster.

This kind of customization would give a bit of an appeal to crafting as far as I'm concerned, even if only to get the right modifier combinations to fit in with a player's build.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just two

1 Any chance of seeing TOS communicators and transporter effects made available as an option

2 Would you consider adding non combat missions to the progression?
    Live long and Prosper
  • bandit656bandit656 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1. I have seen in other posts that in the future we -may- have "Fleet holdings" outside of just the Fleet Starbase. What may those holdings be?

2. any plans in the next few years to release a new faction?[pie in the sky question]

3. How far out do you have planed in the way of season theme's [Example Season 6 is Starbase Season]
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Plain honest question:

Obviously Season 7 will be all about Story. Can we at least expect to see a Romulan faction in Season 8, now that you basically given up the "finish KDF first" doctrine?
  • deewbotdeewbot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    How does it feel to know you have made one of the GREATEST MMO's of all time? Because it is in fact my all time favorite.:D

Also & I have to ask.

Kirk or Picard?
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I want to know if you are going to make the Unique & Bound ship sets Bound only? As it is now I have get 100 Borg sets and put on all my ships, same with Aegis, Omega, MACO & Reman, but not Breen & Jem'Hadar. Why? I think that if I redo missions 100 times to get the set for all my ships and the sets are Bound, why can't that be enough?
  • clintsatclintsat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Dan,
    Are there any plans to add new captain abilities into the game, perhaps linked to commendation xp?

Science character captain abilities like Subnucleonic beam require your ship to be maneuverable. The last few "science" type ships have been more like cruisers. Are there any plans for more varied science ships?

With the increasing number of ships available, will we see an increase in the number of available ship slots? Or a way to "store" older ships so we do not lose them?

Thanks for your time!
  • miquaimiquai Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What's the word on the Vesta-class design?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You guys repeatedly say that story content will continue in a form "even better than FEs" (or something like that). Could you give us some more details?

Are you still trying to get canon music into the game?

Will we ever see the Xindi in STO?

Will we ever be able to place targetable stationary objects (ex: satellites, turrets, etc) in the Foundry?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    you could realistically 'finish' the kdf faction with 20 more small unique story mission for them, with about the same scope as the missions the federation faction had at launch. a few more tier 5 ships wouldn't hurt ether. those on the forums would have a hard time justifying further calls for more kdf content then.

as for a question, will someone assume pvp ownership like gozer sort of did?

i don't think thats necessarily needed, borticus drops by and chats with us about balance and bug concerns every once and a wile, if we had something like that on the scheduled to do once a month that would go a long way toward making pvp more playable, and more fun for more people.
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    why with the forced forum account linking hoohaa couldn't we keep our original @names ?
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    - Are we going to see Re-trait and Re-species option in Season 6?

- Are Lobi Cristals going to be account-bound? When?

- What gonna happen with PvP now that gozer is leaving Cryptic?
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Since the interview with CaptainGeko relayed some of the details why we won't be seeing level 1-20 for the KDF, can we see some of the Tier 2 KDF ships return to us in the form of Tier 5 Retrofits? It seems such a waste of a good model if it is never used.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • novacat1973novacat1973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just one question.

With the introductions of fleet bases, are we going to to see terrortory capture/control soon? I was a big lover of the Dynverse from the old starfleet command games.
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will Heal/Repair ever be addressed after all these years? Aside from having 3 levels of each taking up 6 inventory or bank spots, I cant tell you what pain it is to have to deal with multiple screens and then click one or more options from a list. Not only is it cluncky but it blocks your field of view as well as eating up valuable time. I know of no other game that has such a convoluted system just to heal/repair. Can we get it down to ONE unobstrusive click with no additional windows to deal with?
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Dan,

Is there any plans to rework Science Space powers? as it stands, science ships are not well liked due to their low damage and low heals.
  • morgansmithmorgansmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Any word on the zoneless "one sector space to rule them all"?
    [SIGPIC]stats of my ship coming soon[/SIGPIC]
  • cornishrobcornishrob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1: When the Star-bases come out, will the zone chat be unique to that instance? IE, not hearing other people talk within their own fleet instance?
    2: Is the instance cap going to be increased?, as most large fleets are 400players plus!
    3: When more content going to be released? Surely that will be more cost effective (getting more players online, spending money), rather than just adding more gimmicks? (countless of ships and those stupid locked boxes).
    4: Finally, apart from adding more content to the Klingon faction, and hopefully getting the Romulan faction active, Is the Federation Alpha Quadrant side ever going to be opened? As the map is quite small (can do a whole run of the sectors in 17mins).
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will KDF ever have a chance to get KDF specific consoles from lockboxes. KDF really gets the short end of the stick on these IMO. The Fed players have access to some of our best consoles while KDF get stuck with Fed ones thats arent that great. As an example, for a few EC all my Fed toons have the Theta Radiation console. To get it on on my KDF character I have to spend Cryptic points to buy a ship I will never use just for the console.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • tesseracttoxxtesseracttoxx Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Can we get the ability to have multiple ground pets out at once when we are on our bridge on on a place like ds9? I think 3 would be reasonable.
  • masterguidamasterguida Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My Question is this:

Are there any plans of having the Delta Quadrant playable? I really wanna kick some Kazon but!

Is there going to be any future missions where we could see Admiral Janeway, Ambassador Picard, or other characters from the tv shows that may be alive?

Also, any word on any new ships currently in design?
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    When will be that remake/retrait captain token added to the c store?
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1) If you could pick 1 thing in STO you like and 1 thing you dislike, what would it be and why ?

2) Posted this several times before, Will the Typhoon Class (cryptic design as far as I am aware) become a playerable ship or skin for the assult cruiser ?

3) When can we get some new hairstyles?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ravin wrote: »
    Also, instead of a full fledged shuttle bay, how about, for the time being, you mark an unused door on our ship's Engineering Deck with "Shuttle Bay" and when we interact with it, it brings up our list of small craft. That seems a bit more plausible than going to your transporter room to access your shuttles.

+1!!! /tenchar
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What is the word on the sovereign refit? Will there be more customisation options for our ships too?
  • sito1jastsito1jast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hello.

A) Is there anything from perfect worls other games/titles that could be brought to STO to improve the game ? (Outfits, swimming, maybe inspiration from one of the random npcs in perfect world for a new race,pet,hazard)

B) When will a new species be added to the game? (by new, I mean something made from scratch)

C - STORE RELATED

D) When will Cryptic points change to Zen ?

E) Can we get some new races into the C-store ? (Risian , Edo , Denobulan, Kellerun etc)

F) When if ever will the Jupiter class become a playable carrier ?

STF RELATED

G) When will we see new sets added ? (I.E. Cardassian Outfit ?)

GENERAL

H) Will we see more wildlife animals ? (Sharks, Bugs, Snakes etc)

I) Any kind of underwater content on the long term plans ?
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    with the release of the armitage will we see hangers on other class ships
    it would be nice to see a raptor version for kdf
    and galaxy x?
    what about advanced scorpions
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Can we please get some new maps for PVP ?

Any chance of making a gun the borg cannot adapt too ?
This discussion has been closed.