test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: July 2012 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hello Captains!

Please post your questions below and dStahl will answer selected questions from all those received. Please post them today as I will ship questions off to Dan tomorrow afternoon.

Also, remember that questions will not be answered in this thread -- answers will be posted in an upcoming "Ask Cryptic" Web Feature that will be released in the beginning of July.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• th3gr4ndnagu5th3gr4ndnagu5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    In the most recent in game Q&A you said that a Romulan ship will not appear in a lock box because they are being saved for an upcoming Romulan faction.

(1) How can the team ever create a Romulan faction when they cant even finish the KDF faction after 2 and a half years?

(2) And if plans for a Rom faction are the reason for not doing a Rom lock box, does that mean that there are no plans for having a Card faction since you did a Galor lock box?

You also said that in Aug or Sep the foundry spotlight missions would be getting official rewards and would be featured in the mission journal similar to how the FEs were featured in the past.

(3) Will these missions also get full xp rewards similar to official missions, and if so can this be a means of finishing the KDF and any future factions?

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Outside of story content, I'm most eager for new playable species. In some respects, I think, if handled right, this could become a big seller like the C-Store ships. I think it's also somewhat clear that past approaches didn't work as well as they could have, outside of the Caitians and Ferasans.

Can we expect premium species respecs, first officer promotions, anything like that soon?

I play a fake Cardassian, like many, but would jump at the opportunity to make that a real Cardassian, particularly with Cardassian costume options.

A faction isn't coming any time soon. The lore already has Cardassians in the Federation and KDF through the DOff system. C'mon... I just want to occupy some worlds.
  • mook2614mook2614 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What's happening with the Defend the Sector Block accolades, at max level you can not complete these and for accolade hunters which there are many in game this is quite annoying.
  • ufpdodgersufpdodgers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    With fleet starbases on the horizon and currently being tested on Tribble, will we ever see the fleet Cap raised above 500? Large fleets like the {UFP} currently need 2 fleets to house all our characters with our main at about 400+ with one characters per person only.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is there any way we can have a separate small craft list and Starship list to free up ship slots without having to decommission our small craft? Or not have small craft take up a ship slot? I know you're talking about setting a default shuttle, but that doesn't address the issue of lack of space for new Starships.

Also, instead of a full fledged shuttle bay, how about, for the time being, you mark an unused door on our ship's Engineering Deck with "Shuttle Bay" and when we interact with it, it brings up our list of small craft. That seems a bit more plausible than going to your transporter room to access your shuttles.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • angelus214angelus214 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Given starbases are designed for fleet use and there are some big fleets out there will there instances accomodate more than the standard 75 people?

I think filling on of the main foyers with 200 fleet members would be awesome

thanks
    Untitled_1.jpg

Executive Officer of Alpha Squadron
  • melchob1melchob1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Whats on the short term list for things?
  • moo8emoo8e Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    With the difficulty obtaining lock box ships on just one character, will we ever see lock box ships account wide unlock when they are opened on just one character?
  • starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will Starbase get to see PvP? Not just a normal Deathmatch PvP but with added new forms of PvP like Espionage (use shuttles to disable subsystems on Starbases), Trade (Fleets trade commodities), Diplomacy (when a friendly Starbase is being attacked, you can go aid them depending on Diplomacy status), and more!

If you can't answer that one, how about adding a new faction to the game, not just the Romulan but the Cardassians as well! Both at the same time will be not only Amazing for the game as a whole, but a potential gold mine for you guys!

:cool:

Update: To add on the PvP option, how about King of the Hill to protect the base? depending on how succesful the attack is, it goes to Ground PvP
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will ships that are made available through use of the upcoming Fleet System be made available by other means to players who do not wish to join a fleet?
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yay time to ask my questions that will not be answered! Here it goes!

1. When will the direction of powers be directed to fixing things that are broken and not things that will are currently working properly?

2. In some podcasts and in game Q&A there were statements that the Romulan Warbird would not be used in a lockbox but in a podcast it was said it was going to in relation to a future romulan faction. So is to say that there will not be a romulan faction and at the same time since the jem hadar and cardassian galor are already lockbox's in the game that a proposed dominion faction will never exist as well but as stated in the past that there would be one?

3. TBH the question crosses my mind is that these lockboxes spell the death of any future factions and degrade the integrity of the IP for all the feds and kdf players running around in enemy ships just isn't trek and does this mean this spells the end for all future playable factions?.

4. Is this game just going to end up being grind or pay for the next ship with nothing left to do in this game besides whats already here and cut and paste what you are calling starbases which as a player does not appeal as enriching the game?

5. Any chance that melee and assimilation will ever be fixed?

6. Any chance you guys can also fix the login problem when linking accounts so it doesn't save my cryptic username since it won't let me login under that one anymore?

7. Last question is the KDF going to be fleshed out like you said so many times? Oh wait you don't have to answer this one because we are just the 18% :D...
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    With Gozer leaving, will the PVP project he was working on still receive the same level of comitment that Gozer gave it? And when can we expect an announcement from Cryptic Studios regarding PVP and who will now lead it?
  • deutchcraftdeutchcraft Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Are we ever going to see the Vesta class ingame?

When will the shuttle bay be put into the game?
  • sparkle84sparkle84 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Any news on new STFs? Most particularly the re-working of Terradome to fit the current STF style, and more excitingly, Into the Hive?

Similarly, is there any way we could get the old STF's back in game somewhere? A lot of us enjoyed the story element to them that has since been harder to follow.

Cheers.
  • four7alphatangofour7alphatango Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    When can we anticipate seeing the species-specific combadges we first heard about a while back?
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is Season 6 still on track for a late July Holodeck impact?

Now that Ferengi Lock Boxes are no longer dropping, what's next? Are we finally to be rid of the gambling system, or (more likely the case) could we get a hint at what special stuff will be in the next batch?

Since Crafting stations will be available at Fleet Starbases, will the new Crafting system hit in Season 6?

After Season 7, would it be possible to host some kind of Suggestion Month, wherein players ask for new features for the game that actually get put in? Perhaps taking some of the old Forum suggestions up?
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    with the release of two carriers to the fed side of late will we see any new additions to the KDF fleet yards such as a lethean vessel, or a Ferasean Assault Carrier?

With Gozer leaving will we finally see a change to the STF droprates in any sort of meaningful number? I run almost exclusively Elite STFs and have yet to receive a single mark xii drop. As Gozer was fond of saying, he wanted us to earn the items, will we now actually be able to earn them thru work rather than luck?

What can we expect as a reward for tribble testing Season Six.?

Any chance of making the non-tier 5 Special Consoles gotten via C-store ships account bound so that we can move them around to other characters without necessarily having to claim the ship on every character?

When will we see variations on some of the older Pre-Order items in the C-store. Like the TR-116? Yes... I really want that gun... Bad.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will the Cardassian Galor ever be fixed to that it has the proper more square red gem on the front, similar to the NPC Galors?

NPC: http://www.stowiki.org/File:Galor_Class_2.jpg

Playable: http://www.stowiki.org/File:Galor-blog.jpg
    7NGGeUP.png

• meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1. Progress on making the KDF a fully-fledged faction? This would be a requirement if ever there were to be more factions in the future.

2. Progress on revamping Exploration content, and finally making it a place "to boldly go where no one has gone before" ?

3. More definitive answer on WHAT kind of mission content we can expect, that are not: A) Dailys, B) Events

4. We've seen the reusage of existing assets on the Lower Decks of the Fleet Starbases. Despite it's unpopularity, any chance this might speed up production of new episodes?

5. KDF -needs- level 1-19 content, before it will ever be considered a "full fledged faction". Players need to be able to start their Klingon characters, without even setting foot on the bridge of a Federation starship. Any chance you can dish out, or repurpose 19 missions, to fill in the gap? The Kuvah'magh from a Klingon perspective for example.

6. Any new ships coming that are not tied to: A) Fleet Starbases and B) Placed in the C-Store? I guess gone are the days of putting ships in the normal ship requisitions for Dilithium (formerly Energy Credits)
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • lanceandragon#1584 lanceandragon Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is there still talk of remastering some of the earlier episodes like The City of the edge of Never and Future Imperfect?
  • chobe1chobe1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why are we made to suffer [insert gripe here] Perfect World?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    With Gozer unfortunately leaving (but hopefully finding new, cool opportunities) - who will take charge of PvP?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yay pick mine for just once? lol

1) Will Terradome that seems really out of place be split up and made into new STF's?

2) Any plans to add the new Fleet Base Tech to the interior of Ships?

3) Any plans to add a reward merchant for the Fleet Actions to get them buzzing, so much wasted content here.
  • imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Right now on tribble we can test the fleet starbases and Ive noticed the Interior is a little empty. :) Will the interior of the fleet base change as the Tier Level increases.
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Can you give the community a summery update describing in brief how you and the other senior members of staff now prioritise content updates after all of the changes that Cryptic have gone through over the past year please?

I ask so that old and new members can have a better understanding of this process.

Thanks in advance!

K'Alecto
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will Borg, Reman, Aegis, and Borg sets get their own ground set? Also, will the Jem'Hadar ground set get an appropriate appearance instead of reusing an existing regular armor appearance?
  • akrilonakrilon Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Question #1

It was previously mentioned that bridge officer voice-overs were being considered? I know that the sliders for this feature were incorporated into the character editor at launch; are there any plans to incorporate voice overs and voice options for bridge officers or Captains in the near future?
    faddc0e2956f1903cb9ac9197fb10cd8_large.png
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The backdrop for DS9 and Bajor in the foundry do not match the current ones in game. Any chance we can have the new backdrops added?
  • frostyslyfrostysly Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hello Mr. D.Stahl! Please pick one question :-)

1. What specialty can we expect to see coming with the Sovereign+1 ???

2. The Galaxy Dreadnought with saucer seperation is still work in progress... what changes can we expect to see like BO config or console slots??? Will these be changed or will they stay the same?

3. One word - Poker - XD

Thank you!

PS. If you do choose one of my questions please refer to me by my Cryptic handle: @EzriRayne
  • ofallonofallon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Dear Cryptic,

1- Exactly when can we expect a Trait and Racial Respec Purchase available? Why does it have to be tied to a "Season" ? :D

2- Exactly when can we expect to see the ability to schedule true "Gated" content as a daily "Fleet Action"? Why can you not include the idea of creating a "social event" of said content a "social event" for fleets? :D

3- Would you consider having the players sign up for beta testing new content on tribble? Consider a new forum for said testers to eliminate the rants and raves but have true honest reports and rewards for such participation and conduct? :cool:

Thanks for reading my questions,

Ofallon

Star Fleet Elite Force
    Senior Operations Officer
    Federation Division
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.