test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Torpedoes Locking upon Initiating Combat

mehenmehen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This is happening to me every single time I enter combat, and is preventing me from using my beloved Nebula torpedo boat. Here's an example:

I enter a combat map, and activate torpedo spread and either emergency power to weapons I or shield II. When I enter range of an enemy, firing all weapons (they are on auto-fire, btw) lets my dual beam bank and three turrets fire. Watching my torpedoes with the spread timer counting down, they will either not fire or wait over seven seconds to do so unless I click away from that target and reselect to fire. I have tried using other offensive abilities-- gravity well, aceton beam -- and other defensive abilities, but this problem persists. And while this problem continues throughout the map, it is highly prevalent at the beginning when no weapon cooldowns exist.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm about to stop playing entirely, as my Nebula is the only ship I enjoy flying anymore. :frown:
Post edited by mehen on

Comments

• Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    "auto-fire" is a bit buggy.

Even if they're on autofire, the first time you're in a map, they have to be fired manually.
    edited June 2012
    That's the problem: I do fire them with spacebar, so everything fires...but they flash and lock up, refusing to do anything until I switch or retarget :confused:
  • Options
    mehenmehen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So no one else has experienced this problem? I've stopped doing any combat, since it's the only ship I enjoy flying anymore. :frown:
  • Options
    radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've experienced this mostly on my Bird of Prey, strangely I haven't gotten it (much) on my torpedo boat science ship.

However, I've noticed that the jammed torpedoes seems to come from turning your ship tightly so that the game registers you firing the torpedo, but before the animation completes and the torpedo successfully launches, the target is no longer in your targeting arc. This seems to bugger up the torpedoes (but not cannons for some reason) pretty well.

My science vessel turns slower than a bird of prey, so I haven't noticed it happen as much, though it certainly has from time to time. I've yet to have all of my torpedoes locked out though, as I run different types on the science vessel, compared to my Bird of Prey which only runs one Quantum on the front.

It's an annoying bug that's been around since the dawn of time it seems. I remember running into this with my first KDF character and rage deleting her because of it.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403