test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

meet the cryptic team?

2»

Comments

• poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have a plan. I can't guarantee that I'll be given clearance to follow up on it, though. ;)

Oh, and let us not forget Hortas on Ice
    and the San Francisco Horta Diving Team
    jfsig02.png
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hey everyone,

I'm Archon, and I and wanted to take a few moments to formally introduce myself. I'm the most recently hired Systems Designer for STO.

A little background: I started working professionally in the MMO industry in 2005; prior to that, I was a raid leader/guild master in games like Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, and WoW. I started at Cryptic as a QA Lead for another project, but I was promoted to Systems Design for STO a few months ago.

You haven't seen a lot of my work yet - much of it is for upcoming content - but I was one of the people who worked on the DS9 Duty Officer Pack (along with Borticus and Heretic). I made some of the Hamlet DOFFs, too, but that was mostly the other guys.

In terms of upcoming content I can actually talk about, I'm very heavily involved in designing items at the moment. I implemented most of the loot for the Fleet system, as well as the majority of the Operational Assets, which hopefully you'll be seeing soon. I'll also be continuing to work on the Duty Officer System, as well as dabbling in other systems, such as working on enemies, etc.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and I'll do my best to try to live up to Heretic's example as an outstanding Systems Designer with a good relationship with the player community.

See you all in-game and around the forums!

-Archon

Glad to have ya.

On that note what server did you play Dark Age of Camelot on?

Me:
    Midgard, Iseult. Guilds: Bedlam & Fate
    Hibernia, Galahad. Guilds: Bedlam & Axioms of Life
    Albion, Gawaine. Guilds: Demise & Legion of the Phoenix

On WoW I played Horde on Zul'jin Server with Bedlam.
  • dkeith357dkeith357 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have a plan. I can't guarantee that I'll be given clearance to follow up on it, though. ;)

There is a ST: TNG book that references a Horta Crew vessel. Its true! The Name of the book is "ST: TNG Dyson Sphere" by Charles Pellegrino
    =/\= @keith_darren, Commanding Officer of the U.S.S. Dunnottar
    =/\= 12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets
    =/\= Engineering Division, Beta Squad-Captain
    =/\= ALERT STATUS: Still searching for my "borrowed" captain's Yacht...
  • poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dkeith357 wrote: »
    There is a ST: TNG book that references a Horta Crew vessel. Its true! The Name of the book is "ST: TNG Dyson Sphere" by Charles Pellegrino

There was also one on the Enterprise! http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Naraht
    jfsig02.png
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I vote no for horta doffs/boffs. That is a stupid idea and i hope cryptic do not pursue it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thanks for posting bort. i hope ur plan is a good one and will get the all-clear from the overloards :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hey everyone,

I'm Archon, and I and wanted to take a few moments to formally introduce myself. I'm the most recently hired Systems Designer for STO.

A little background: I started working professionally in the MMO industry in 2005; prior to that, I was a raid leader/guild master in games like Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, and WoW. I started at Cryptic as a QA Lead for another project, but I was promoted to Systems Design for STO a few months ago.

You haven't seen a lot of my work yet - much of it is for upcoming content - but I was one of the people who worked on the DS9 Duty Officer Pack (along with Borticus and Heretic). I made some of the Hamlet DOFFs, too, but that was mostly the other guys.

In terms of upcoming content I can actually talk about, I'm very heavily involved in designing items at the moment. I implemented most of the loot for the Fleet system, as well as the majority of the Operational Assets, which hopefully you'll be seeing soon. I'll also be continuing to work on the Duty Officer System, as well as dabbling in other systems, such as working on enemies, etc.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and I'll do my best to try to live up to Heretic's example as an outstanding Systems Designer with a good relationship with the player community.

See you all in-game and around the forums!

-Archon

Welcome to the wolrd of the STO Forums...

...Where every hour is considered a Red Hour and Fes-ti-val, is considered a Quiet Time around here...

I shall call You LANDRU and every time You post ...,

All Hell Will Break Loose...

Have a nice time..., and please don't stand while the ride is moving.

<Evil Chuckle>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Archon , Salutations and well met . i look forward to any and all correspondence.

i think the more we get to know the team the better and more reassured we all will be .
    community interaction is what puts STO high on the bar .
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You forgot the Team Fortress 2 intro.
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    any other devs want to introduce themselves?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]