test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ambassador Class

13»

Comments

• paragon92518paragon92518 Member Posts: 268
    edited August 2012
    Did you mean Probert's design for the Ambassador Class...or perhaps Probert designed a Galaxy variant too?
  • alchemistidalchemistid Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Did you mean Probert's design for the Ambassador Class...or perhaps Probert designed a Galaxy variant too?

Probert is the one who designed the Galaxy class for The Next Generation.

I meant that the STO version of the Galaxy is based around the far less good looking 4-foot filming model of the Galaxy-Class, which looks a world different from the 6-footer they used in the early seasons. That model was far more closely based upon Probert's concept art, and looked significantly sleeker and more advanced.

Come season 4 of TNG they traded the 6 footer's looks for the 4 footer's practicality, as the smaller model was easier to film. However, when viewed next to the 6 footer the differences are striking. They actually went back to using the 6 footer for Star Trek: Generations, as it was far better looking and actually translated to the big screen incredibly well.
    (Go to trekcore and look at the TNG season 1 blueray screencaps and you'll see what I mean.)

The joke is (well, was) that people are wishing more for the sleeker, better looking Ambassador concept that Probert had sketched, rather than the more practical design they went with for the filming model seen in "Yesterday's Enterprise" and onward. And that we Galaxy fans have been waiting for the same thing for a long time.
  • podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I meant that the STO version of the Galaxy is based around the far less good looking 4-foot filming model of the Galaxy-Class, which looks a world different from the 6-footer they used in the early seasons. That model was far more closely based upon Probert's concept art, and looked significantly sleeker and more advanced.

Come season 4 of TNG they traded the 6 footer's looks for the 4 footer's practicality, as the smaller model was easier to film. However, when viewed next to the 6 footer the differences are striking. They actually went back to using the 6 footer for Star Trek: Generations, as it was far better looking and actually translated to the big screen incredibly well.
    (Go to trekcore and look at the TNG season 1 blueray screencaps and you'll see what I mean.)

The joke is (well, was) that people are wishing more for the sleeker, better looking Ambassador concept that Probert had sketched, rather than the more practical design they went with for the filming model seen in "Yesterday's Enterprise" and onward. And that we Galaxy fans have been waiting for the same thing for a long time.

Some of us would be quite, quite happy with the Ambassador as it appeared onscreen.
    7n4nvF5.png
    edited August 2012

I would prefer the Ambassador Class used in TNG. I like that version most. The Probert sketching is cool, and might make for a nice mirror universe ship, or a skin for the TNG Ambassador.

In looking over the two Galaxy models, I can't tell much of a difference between them. But, it could be because I'm biased and just never liked how the Galaxy Class looked eg. (egg shaped/oval over-sized saucer) and a "crushed" hull area. There's a lot of people who love the Galaxy, so there are probably more visible details between the 6 ft and 4 ft models than I am able to notice. At least there's a ton of Galaxy variants to choose from in-game.........Meanwhile I still patiently wait for the Ambassador to no avail :(..
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Everyone keep a stiff upper lip. Dstahl confirmed both an Ambassador and Wells back in July - and we've already seen the Wells leak on the Spawn Database. The Ambassador is coming. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • teleon22teleon22 Member Posts: 424
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Everyone keep a stiff upper lip. Dstahl confirmed both an Ambassador and Wells back in July - and we've already seen the Wells leak on the Spawn Database. The Ambassador is coming. :)

Maybe it is, but we have been asking and waiting since BETA to see this ship make it to the game and a lot of ships that we didn?t ask for since BETA have been added. So? why the hatred for the Ambassador Class? It was an Enterprise! It should be added to the game for no further reason. :cool:

BTW, As it appeared on Screen is the way I want it in game. Other options are cool, but in the very least, as it was on screen.
    edited August 2012
    "Why" doesn't really matter to me. What matters is that it gets here. Gecko talked about it in a podcast in June, and Dstahl mentioned it in July, so it's coming.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2012
    "Why" doesn't really matter to me. What matters is that it gets here. Gecko talked about it in a podcast in June, and Dstahl mentioned it in July, so it's coming.

LOL, well, well, well... how about this... Who talked about it doesn't matter to me, what matters is when will it get here! :P

Yeah, I've been following along as well. I just don't like how quickly they added ships that were more recently requested when this one has been requested since beta. thats all, a personal opinion. :cool:
    edited August 2012
    Ambassador, Niagara, New Orleans, (Picard's USS Stargazer)...Constellation Class?, Springfield. Any of those would surely be a welcome addition!....but notably the Ambassador FIRST :D

Even new Klingon ships would be a welcome addition. Would give me a reason to play my KDF toon.
  • alexindcobraalexindcobra Member Posts: 608
    edited August 2012
    :P Hell, I'm still waiting for the Probert design for the Galaxy Class!
    (Why, oh why does every game that features the Galaxy base the ingame model on the ugly four foot model?! *shakes head*)

The Probert version will probably be a C-Store variant. It's console should summon a Tactical hologram of Tasha Yar. Like a beefed up version of Tactical Team that cools down for five minutes afterwards...

...Or prank calls Sela whenever activated. I'd pay for either, really.

What the hell are you talking about? Andrew Probert designed the Galaxy Class, inside and out. If you don't like the 4 foot model, then you don't like what he designed. He designed almost all the ships in TNG from Fed ships, Klingon ships, to Romulan Warbirds.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ambassador, Niagara, New Orleans, (Picard's USS Stargazer)...Constellation Class?, Springfield. Any of those would surely be a welcome addition!....but notably the Ambassador FIRST :D

Even new Klingon ships would be a welcome addition. Would give me a reason to play my KDF toon.

Yes, that was the Constellation Class that was the Stargazer. That was another ship they didn't use often on the shows.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • alexindcobraalexindcobra Member Posts: 608
    edited August 2012

What you want is a more refined look for the Galaxy and other canon ships. Of cours the 6 foot model look different and smoother from 4 foot model because you get in closer view to 6 footer than the 4 footer. As Paramount's budget got leaner they started using smaller model because it was cheap to replace them after doing battle damage to them. Remember, "Cause and effect?" Imagine how many 4 foot models they went through just to show the Enterprise blowing up different ways. That would be quite expensive and hazardous to do the same thing with a 6 foot model.

Many of us want the game's version to look more real, but it should have been quit obvious to you by now that a lot of Cryptic Dev ship designers are still amature at this. If you zoom in real close to your ship you will see a big flaw. If you use window styles, 3 or 4, you will notice that the widows are not on the skin of the ship. They float off the skin of ship and window style 4 is the worst with this. Also, if you notice the the Galaxy bridge module is too flattened and low profile in the game versus how it looks in the flyby on the starting credits of TNG. The Galaxy X has a torpedo pod above Shuttlebay 1 and behind the bridge. The game has it snug and so low profile that it can't safely fire torpedos without hitting the bridge.

The only thing we can ask from the devs is reifine the lookes of the ships as the seasons progress, make the ships look more canon.
  • viskaiserviskaiser Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    they should just give us the ship since were gonna have to pay for it anyhow, so why not just put another net into the water? it would help them and make us star trek-o-philes happy for a short fleeting time.

Kaiser
    Kaiser
    edited August 2012
    viskaiser wrote: »
    they should just give us the ship since were gonna have to pay for it anyhow, so why not just put another net into the water? it would help them and make us star trek-o-philes happy for a short fleeting time.

Kaiser
    As I earn between 2,500 and 3,500 Zen per month just playing the game 2-2.5 hours per day they are giving it to me for free - and they can give it free to anyone else that also wants to put 2-2.5 hours per day into getting it. :)
    edited August 2012
    As I earn between 2,500 and 3,500 Zen per month just playing the game 2-2.5 hours per day they are giving it to me for free - and they can give it free to anyone else that also wants to put 2-2.5 hours per day into getting it. :)

That's very true...some players don't want to put in the time in-game, but want the best of everything (or so it seems).

Collect Ore ='s C-Points if converted
    and especially for Gold members, between the two, (if saved monthly)...the Ambassador or any ship or item is essentially free.
    edited August 2012
    That's very true...some players don't want to put in the time in-game, but want the best of everything (or so it seems).

Collect Ore ='s C-Points if converted
    and especially for Gold members, between the two, (if saved monthly)...the Ambassador or any ship or item is essentially free.

Meh, I don't mind paying $25 dollars a month or two to get a ship I want to play with. That is as little as $3.13 a week. :rolleyes:
    edited August 2012
    teleon22 wrote: »
    Meh, I don't mind paying $25 dollars a month or two to get a ship I want to play with. That is as little as $3.13 a week. :rolleyes:

You're hired! :D
  • vintage1gamervintage1gamer Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    any more news on the ship?
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Vintage, STOP NECRO-POSTING. If you really want to hear about it, start a new thread.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    maybe all three ambassador classes will make it in to star trek online since all three ambassador class ships are canon. the ambassador first batch 2320 to 2333 of the enterprise c type unmodified look.

maybe the yumgachi and zhukov 2345 to about 2380+ were retrofits after the study on the enterprise c logs of the battle of nervandra 3 and star fleet found some sort of design flaw and heavy battle damage that egorvated the age related problem do to age related that lead to the enterprise c time jumping from 2344 to 2366. entrprise c was on her way back earth for a major scedualed refit the she reponded the distress call from narendra 3 battle. how hard did the enterprise c push the warp core to get to narendra 3 plus fight 4 roumulan warbirds? if i were to guess that the enterpric c was pushing 200 to 250% over maxium warp almot warp at 9.6 for 2 hour or 4 hours which would weaken the warp core a good amount and cause weird time effects like time jumping in the middle of a battle.

the andrew profits ambassador class could be a new desing after the last borg war in 2383 to 2388
  • captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    other then sela birth was because the war tashia yar returned to the enterprise c past how how was the main line changed?
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNIQUE TO ALL TEMPORAL ACCORD AGENCIES:

The Department of Temporal Investigations has determined that this thread is a temporal anomaly. It should have died after there were no new posts after 30 days or more. DIT agents have acted to correct the anachronism and the proper timeline has been restored.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies just report it and avoid posting in it per the Temporal Prime Directive.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new timeline -- I mean, thread -- on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on the topic that has received a post within the last 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)! :)

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.