Comments

• grigul1grigul1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jep, found him there too....^^

"the old meeting point" hell ya, but on old Risa...^^

thx for the tip, darknez...^^
  • vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Next question. Where is the Dance Coordinator located when she is not doing the dance competion?
  • grigul1grigul1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nearby the dance area. look out for the "i" over his/her head...^^

sometimes at the beach, sometimes on the platform near the dabo-table.
  • celavazmycelavazmy Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Enjoy the night fireworks show: i waited the whole day and night at the hotel but there was no firework. Anyone knows where the fireworks takes place?
  • vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A crowd gathers at night usually near the jetpack vendor. Just join the crowd and as it ends you should get the accolade.
  • smiechosmiecho Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Udated map: http://i.imgur.com/q13WA4T.jpg

I added:
    - J3 - Pavyl (Gorilla in Sixty Seconds)
    - J4 - Pavyl (The Frog and the Furious)
    - X - Unauthorized Beach Party
    - Y - Samba!
    Yeeeesss!!! I did it!!
    edited June 2013
    A crowd gathers at night usually near the jetpack vendor. Just join the crowd and as it ends you should get the accolade.

thanks, will try that :)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    celavazmy wrote: »
    Enjoy the night fireworks show: i waited the whole day and night at the hotel but there was no firework. Anyone knows where the fireworks takes place?
    Explicit details on how I got my Fireworks Observer accolade:

I found a map at dusk:
    At one point, while playing on Risa, I happened on a map that was at dusk. How to tell it's dusk? Check the suns/moons. Unlike Earth, Risa's rotation is very odd... The suns set in the South (rise in the North). The moons rise in the Southeast (set in the West). So if you see these astral bodies to the South, and it's getting dark. Dusk. Also, the Resort starts to light up and set bonfires.

Timing:
    The overall time from when I first happened into the "dusk map" and I got the accolade was maybe 20 minutes. During which time I was doing "other things" (including one time jumping to another map and back), but I kept watching the settings suns...

I took up position on the beach:
    When the first sun touched the horizon, I got in position. Someone had earlier shown me where they got their accolade, and it corresponds pretty well to point H on Smiecho's Map. I doubt you'd have to be here this soon, but I didn't want to miss it, and didn't know what to expect...

What Exactly Happened:
    I was standing in position, facing Southwest. As the second sun set, a bunch of NPC Vactioners faded-in. Most of them were sitting cross-legged on the beach where I was standing. I noticed many others also now standing/sitting around the beach and the bamboo huts in the water to my left (East of the Floater shop). They were all facing to the Southwest, looking up into the sky.

The sky continued to darken and stars began to appear (gradually fading-in). This took a couple minutes. As it really became dark and both moons had risen above the horizon, the show started. It took up most of the sky in my view. The fireworks themselves were scaled up animations/sound effects from the Veteran Fireworks device. Maybe 30-45 seconds after the pyrotechnic show started, the accolade triggered. The show proceeded for a few more seconds, then ended.

I know some complain about getting the Fireworks Observer accolade, but I think the patience pays off. It actually was rather beautiful/neat to watch. The lighting/sky animations were spot-on. The timing of the event and anticipation build-up was very nostalgic of firework events I've seen in real life, where you're never quite sure when they're going to start, only waiting until "after dark" and time seems to stretch as you wait for the show.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

Update:
    I've had two alts get the Firework Observer as follows:

Alt #1 was in the middle of the Dance Party! mission, I believe he was at the x/10 portion of the dance. I heard Fireworks, turned around, and saw Fireworks. I ran off the dance floor over to the Point H mentioned above. Stood there for 10 seconds or so, and I got the accolade. I then ran back and resumed/finished my Dancing (and got Advanced Samba).

Alt #2 was completely by accident. I was in the Resort, working on the Exchange (the East terminal). I was not at, near, or otherwise paying any attention to the show (I'm not even sure if I heard it happening). But as I was closing up the Exchange, the Firework Observer accolade dinged. That was cool.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the Risa event. Is there any accolade or anythign related to the bonfire on the beach at nights?
    edited June 2013
    For the Risa event. Is there any accolade or anythign related to the bonfire on the beach at nights?
    The only one I know of is "Unauthorized Beach Party". You go to the Eastern beach of the main island at night and you'll find a bonfire surrounded by partying vactioners (marked as X on Smiecho's map). Get close to the bonfire and you'll get an action button to "Party" - click that, get accolade.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited June 2013
    finally it worked, thx for the detailed explanation :). That was the last i needed.
    edited June 2013
    celavazmy wrote: »
    finally it worked, thx for the detailed explanation :). That was the last i needed.
    Fantastic! I'm happy to have helped!

:D

edited June 2013
    Additional Firework Observer completion notes:

Alt #1 was in the middle of the Dance Party! mission, I believe he was at the x/10 portion of the dance. I heard Fireworks, turned around, and saw Fireworks. I ran off the dance floor over to the Point H mentioned above. Stood there for 10 seconds or so, and I got the accolade. I then ran back and resumed/finished my Dancing (and got Advanced Samba).

Alt #2 was completely by accident. I was in the Resort, working on the Exchange (the East terminal). I was not at, near, or otherwise paying any attention to the show (I'm not even sure if I heard it happening). But as I was closing up the Exchange, the Firework Observer accolade dinged. That was cool.

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It seems like the Firework Observer accolade only works in certain zones. If the beach is not crowded with npcs at dusk, then the fireworks won't appear in that zone until maybe the next day. So it is better to move on to another zone than wasting your time for an event that won't happen.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I just left my toon idle sitting on the dock next to a bikini babe looking at the sky above the ship. When I came back I had the accolade.
  • khrisstian1986khrisstian1986 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    See All Accolades And How To Obtain CLICK HERE
    edited June 2013
    See All Accolades And How To Obtain CLICK HERE
    You forgot about:
    - Unauthorized Beach Party (X on my map)
    - Risa Roofer (E on my map)
    Yeeeesss!!! I did it!!
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    smiecho wrote: »
    You forgot about:

To summarize your (excellent) map with all accolades and how to reach them:

Numbers: The Big Year (find 10 parrots and enjoy the views - unlocks title: "Ornithologist")
    1. Arches
    2. Back Beach
    3. Tower Bay
    4. Resort
    5. Grotto
    6. Long Strand
    7. The Tidal Pool
    8. A Well Traveled Path
    9. The Heart Of The Mountain
    10. A Lonely Rock

Letters: Master Explorer
    A. Denied Mok'bara / Practitioner of Mok'bara (interact with Klingons - daytime only)
    B. Walked the Boardwalk
    C. Wont Look Down (bridge)
    D. Why Are You Flying Over The Volcano (land on highest peak)
    E. Risa Roofer (land on top of resort)
    F. Arc Flight Mastery (fly under an arch)
    G. Onlooker (nighttime only, randomly spawns Worf and Jadzia lookalikes)
    H. Fireworks Observer (best viewed from the docks - fireworks go off after sunsets)
    I. Lighty Landed on a Lighthouse (two points - hit both for the accolade)

J. Pavyl's Game (Hide and seek game with four successive hiding places. On one of my characters the accolade triggered when I found him the first time. My other character had to find him twice.)

J-0. Pavyl hangs out here during daytime, giving you the clue for where he'll be that night.

J-1. Catch Me If Toucan (Pavyl's first hideout is in a cave at the north end of the bridge)

J-2. Ducks of Hazzard (under the Klingon's arch)

J-3. Gorilla in Sixty Seconds (just north of the lighthouse)

J-4. The Frog and the Furious (An inlet on the north side of the main island leads into a grotto)

X. Unauthorized Beach Party (Nighttime only. Join the dancers around the bonfire and click the "Party!" button on the right side of the screen)

Y. Samba! (ask the dance instructor how to participate to unlock the Dance_Samba emote. Finish the dance party (30 successful dance moves, award 15 favors at once for 25 total) to unlock Dance_Samba_Advanced)
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • khrisstian1986khrisstian1986 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You forgot about:

Excellent, thanks, missed that one :)
  • kel1restkel1rest Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a question about the "Veteran Vessel" accolade.

I have two characters at Vice Admiral. The first I've been playing for a long time. He reached VA before the "Veteran Vice Admiral Vessel" acc came out and I resigned myself to not getting this one. A pity, because I have an irrational desire to own every accolade!

My other character obtained "Veteran Vice Admiral Vessel" on reaching VA.

With Legacy of Romulus, another accolade came along: "Veteran Vessel". I thought this would be for all life members but it seems not. My 1st character didn't get it and my second has lost "Veteran Vice Admiral Vessel", replaced it seems by the new "Veteran Vessel".

I know neither of these have any points attached to them so in a way they don't really matter.

Has anyone else noticed this? Can anyone confirm that this is working as intended?
  • therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I share your obsession to collect all the accolades. :) I made a thread some time ago about the now unobtainable ones and suggestions on how to bring them back to life but there has been absolutely no interest from Cryptic's side. Veteran Vessel is last in my list: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=385781
  • ilanisilanis Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I share your obsession to collect all the accolades. :) I made a thread some time ago about the now unobtainable ones and suggestions on how to bring them back to life but there has been absolutely no interest from Cryptic's side. Veteran Vessel is last in my list: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=385781

I'm also obsessed to collect them all, but :
    * Year 1, Year 2 and 3 should not come back as they are ways for real 3-years Veterans to distinguish themselves (I'm resigned only having the 3rd year)
    * European Celebration could maybe come back at specific european days
    * Lobi scavenger comes back on a 6 months regular base
    * Risa and Q's winterland would probably come back every summer and winter
    * Promenaded would probably come back the day they release again this event for the 3 factions
    * Attache, Envoy, Consul, and Ambassador Emeritus won't come back (4x10) because it was another system. But there is a problem as Diplomacy is the only commendation that don't give you the 50 points accolade (on the other side, KDF have a 50 Marauder accolade). It would be a good idea to develop specific diplomatic missions that enables to get that accolades back.
    * Above and Beyond (replay the Stranded in Space Episode) may a day come back if the episode is remastered
    * Leading Edge Explosives (Collect Hargh'peng Torpedos in "The Doomsday Device" mission) could come back again on each factions, as KDF are now able to collect them via doff
    * Retraining and Ship Requisitions (achieve rank of Brigadier General by 11/18/10) may come back with a special KDF event/promotion in order to not give again this advantage to those who already have it)

On my point of view, there's a real problem between FED / KDF / ROM total points, for example the sector accolades should be given to all factions (12 fed / 2 kdf / 1 rom)
  • alex180505alex180505 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    personal mission "small package" not working because I can not progress it, can you help me?
    I'm playing with Romulans'm already in level 32.

I'm waiting for the version Portuguese (BR).
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think this is my favorite thread...

I was starting to create a spreadsheet of all the accolades so I could track my progress, but before I got too far, I wanted to see if anyone else had a good one so I didn't reinvent the wheel.
  • kel1restkel1rest Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a list for Fed characters which I think contains all the accolades. I'm not sure how to post it for you though...
    edited July 2013
    kel1rest wrote: »
    I have a list for Fed characters which I think contains all the accolades. I'm not sure how to post it for you though...

dropbox or any other file sharing service works fine. If it's just a list, that's already available on STOWiki. I'm more looking for something that has the options of letting me actually track what I have and still need to work on as well as show thing I can't even get because they're retired.
    edited July 2013
    Guys... If you already ended Nukara Reputation -> take any project and cancel it. This will give you new acco ("Nukara Strike Force (Tier 5)" 50 points).

If you're still doing this Reputation then you'll get that acco with Tier 5.
    Yeeeesss!!! I did it!!
    edited July 2013
    Guys... If you already ended Nukara Reputation -> take any project and cancel it. This will give you new acco ("Nukara Strike Force (Tier 5)" 50 points).

If you're still doing this Reputation then you'll get that acco with Tier 5.
    Thanks for this update.

More details: The NSF accolade is in the General Accolades category and it unlocks the mission: Nukara Strike Force Resources. This requires you to fly to Nukara prime and talk to the Base Commander. He'll give you 68,249 Expertise, 750 Nukara Marks, 32k Dilithium Ore, 40k EC and the Title: Nukara Strike Force.

So that's nice.

I wonder though... Romulan Star Empire Tiers 1-5 all had accolades. Did they add T1-4 accolades to Nukara, but since I've passed them I can't get them? I guess I'll find out when one of my Alts cross one of those milestones. Probably not. I doubt they put in the effort (in the same the RSE has fewer accolades/rewards than the Omega Rep).

:rolleyes:

• therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kel1rest wrote: »
    Can you please provide the names of the accolades for the 500 and 1000 Rebellious Klingon kills since they haven't been announced in this thread as of yet?
    edited July 2013
    Can you please provide the names of the accolades for the 500 and 1000 Rebellious Klingon kills since they haven't been announced in this thread as of yet?

STOWiki only lists to 200 for that.