test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Accolade List

Comments

• emp0kn0remp0kn0r Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    idkode wrote: »
    For those for whom accolades 'matter' (as much as is possible in a game) - is there any way of getting customer service to add the bugged/duplicate accos that were broken in the last season?

I don't imagine there's many of us - less than 100 in total across the entire game.

There's probably more than you think but they think like me - it's monumentally frustrating but we know it's something that's not going to be addressed any time soon (if ever) so why bleat about it?
    "Kill the Cardassians"
    "Which ones?"
    "All of them!"
  • kel1restkel1rest Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    emp0kn0r wrote: »
    There's probably more than you think but they think like me - it's monumentally frustrating but we know it's something that's not going to be addressed any time soon (if ever) so why bleat about it?

You pretty much sum up how I feel about this. I like STO. I enjoy the storyline. But it's the accolades (and trying to complete them!) that keep me playing. I accept that there are a lot of bugs to quash in the game but nothing has been done to fix the broken accolades. I'd love to at least hear a dev response about the "stolen" Undine Front accolades or the missing tower from the Voth Zone. The only thing I've heard is that they won't even try to fix the duplicate costume accolades. So I get frustrated and annoyed and go on a rant like this!

As you say, they won't be addressed any time soon. I live in hope but they just won't be.
  • idkodeidkode Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I completely agree - it's really annoying. Not cancel your sub annoying, but annoying none the less.

And the other bad news is that the duplicating accolades and trying to fix the bug people were having didn't work 100% either:

Someone with the 'all boxes ticked but no unlock' option

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1131811
    edited June 2014
    Just a quick message to let anyone who's looking at this that there were no special accolades during the Shuttle event. Standard accolades from Fleet Alert could still be gained for the named ships however if people didn't already have them.
  • auscarterauscarter Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi All,

Is Fluffy's Google Doc Spread Sheet still available? I can no longer find the link...

Appreciate the frustration experienced in keeping the sheet upto date after the last season, but it's still a great source of information for reconciling the status of accolades for each toon - which I'm currently trying to do
  • ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    New Risa accos:

Sand Castle Strater - build your first sculpture, flat keep
    Sand Castle Sequence
    Sand Castle Set

More will come as I find them
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sand Castle Stalwart (4 castles)
    Sand Castle Sarvant (5)
    Sand Castle Stylist (Build castle with all possible Design-Choices)
  • sashyenkasashyenka Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ripper - finish 20 races in Risa's competitive powerboard race, or take 1st place in the race.

Sand Castle Starter - completed a sand castle on risa during summer.
    Sand Castle Sequence - completed two sand castles on risa during summer.
    Sand Castle Set - completed three sand castle on risa during summer.
    Sand Castle Stalwart - completed four sand castle on risa during summer.
    Sand Castle Savant - completed five sand castle on risa during summer.

Sand Castle Stylist - completed sand castles with all different designs of keep, walls, and towers on risa during summer.

full collecting monkeys???
    edited June 2014
    sashyenka wrote: »

Can I use that as my new band name?
    "Kill the Cardassians"
    "Which ones?"
    "All of them!"
  • smiechosmiecho Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    About "Sand Castle Stylist"... Can you give some more explanations?

I've build three castles: the first one all flat-padded, the second one all rounded and the third one... with that third option. :) And no accolade given...

How to get that acco?

Edit: Nevermind. Got it after building one castle with all three parts in different styles.
    Yeeeesss!!! I did it!!
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ripper - finish 20 races in Risa's competitive powerboard race, or take 1st place in the race.

Sand Castle Starter - completed a sand castle on risa during summer.
    Sand Castle Sequence - completed two sand castles on risa during summer.
    Sand Castle Set - completed three sand castle on risa during summer.
    Sand Castle Stalwart - completed four sand castle on risa during summer.
    Sand Castle Savant - completed five sand castle on risa during summer.

Sand Castle Stylist - completed sand castles with all different designs of keep, walls, and towers on risa during summer.

I've been told that there's also an accolade for doing the faction specific monument. Can anyone confirm? I've already built the monument once (with optional) and didn't get any accolade.
  • tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    smiecho wrote: »
    About "Sand Castle Stylist"... Can you give some more explanations?

For further clarification, Sand Castle Stylist has 9 different elements that have to be constructed at least once. So you need to make each of the castle elements (Keeps, Walls, Towers) at least once in each of the different styles (Flat, Peaked, Rounded), for a total of 9. That will complete the accolade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    I've been told that there's also an accolade for doing the faction specific monument. Can anyone confirm? I've already built the monument once (with optional) and didn't get any accolade.

No acco here too.
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • captainiwwcaptainiww Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you see at accolades in progress which part you miss - for the sand Castle Stylist.

and also no acco for Monument here.

at the Moment no other new accos found at risa Event.

gl & hf

iww
    edited June 2014
    Can't see it mentioned, but 'Ripper' is for 1st place (or 20 normal runs) in the board race

Ah no, someone else already mentioned it!
  • captainiwwcaptainiww Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    any News for:

inspired - fly through the Center in the voth Zone

the anomaly optional at viscous cycle, after first planet killer - only 18 sec Counter

i dont have, maybe one of you know something new

thx and good hunting

iww

PS: any other new way to kill klingon empire rebels with a fed character,
    or only 1/1 at the undying
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    trying to get cryptic to fix the undine warp core/set and see if that helps the anomaly accolade. Even if they do it's a very small time frame to pick it up.
  • korrtakinkorrtakin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "In the Garden" accolade available to KDF players. ;)

:eek:
    Not as far as I know. I've only been able to get those accolades by using the warp-to-friend feature you received for referring other paying players to the game before it went F2P.

Can't make a team between the Klingon and the FED on Starfleet Academy. So the warp-to-friend doesn't work. How do i get In the Garden for my KDF?

For the Romulan-/Reman Accolades it works fine. :D
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you don't have, and still want to get, your Exploration accolades (like Hromi Wanderer, Afehirr Nomad, or Zenas Explorer), you'll want to do so soon.

It looks like Season 9.5 (due at the end of July) will nuking all the Clusters. That's, what, 850 Accolade points?

Check out this post from jheinig:
    jheinig wrote: »
    Star cluster maps (Delta Volanis, Afehirr Nebula, etc.) will no longer exist. Each one will now be a point of interest on its neighboring sector map. Thus, instead of flying into Delta Volanis, you will fly to the point labeled "Delta Volanis star cluster" in the Sirius sector block. When you interact with the location it will provide you with the usual Duty Officer assignments that were previously available in the Delta Volanis star cluster, including special chains such as the colonization assignments that result in rare and very rare Duty Officer rewards.

The exploration missions will no longer be available. Generally, they are seen as not meeting the standards of the quality to which we are raising missions, but as they are procedurally generated it is not feasible to go through and make updates to them. Additionally, this will facilitate the removal of thousands (literally) of rarely-used maps, which will significantly reduce the size of the game.

I did a count... I still have 446 total 3-mission Explorations to complete. I don't think I'm going to make it. :rolleyes: :(

Edit: Curiously, Cryptic deleted the original post to the above... :confused:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you want to finish your exploration accolades in a timely manner and somehow have missed the information about the AtP method, you can read all about it in the final section of BrooklynKnight's old accolade farming page.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/User:BrooklynKnight/AccoladeFarming

It's sad to read about these changes. Cryptic continues to make the accolade system more and more pointless - literally. They're slowly taking away the major incentive for a dedicated community to play this game.
    edited June 2014
    It looks like Season 9.5 (due at the end of July) will nuking all the Clusters. :(

Any news on whether the accolades already achieved will stay in our lists, or if they'll disappear with the clusters?
    "Kill the Cardassians"
    "Which ones?"
    "All of them!"
    edited June 2014
    I was kind of hoping for an accolade revamp in this latest season, but instead we get crafting - Crafting could have been removed ages ago, it's the 2nd revamp it's had and will be good for 6 months and then fade into obscurity.

No news on the accolades though already in the lists - I presume any you've got will stay (and be retired) and any in progress will be removed.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you want to finish your exploration accolades in a timely manner...
    Thanks for the link Fluffy. The info is a bit outdated, but still viable. Heh. I'd forgotten that AtP used to give gifts. :rolleyes: Oh well. They give 100 Diplomacy XP now (instead of just 10), so that's nice (not that I need Commendation XP on my Accolade Character, but being able to turn in that extra for Fleet Marks is useful).

I expect once they pull the Clusters those accolades will just become unfinishable legacies, if only because Cryptic won't devote any time to fixing/re-doing them. So that's why I do plan to finish my Exploration Accolades, and while it will be some doing over the next several days, I should be able to complete them.

Of course, it'll be just my luck that after the effort, Cryptic will either autocomplete any started Exploration Accolades or delete them entirely. LOL :rolleyes:
    Any news on whether the accolades already achieved will stay in our lists, or if they'll disappear with the clusters?
    No, there's been no official word about what the changes to the Exploration systems will do to accolades or how that will be addressed. My guess is that they aren't too concerned (not with malicious intent, just that they've got bigger fish to fry, so accolades take a far back seat).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited June 2014
    Does anyone know if the Aegis space set will still be craftable under the new system?
    "Kill the Cardassians"
    "Which ones?"
    "All of them!"
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Does anyone know if the Aegis space set will still be craftable under the new system?

yes its there. i didnt look at the stats and what not, but i did see the aegis set on tribble today.
  • ilanisilanis Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you don't have, and still want to get, your Exploration accolades (like Hromi Wanderer, Afehirr Nomad, or Zenas Explorer), you'll want to do so soon.

It looks like Season 9.5 (due at the end of July) will nuking all the Clusters. That's, what, 850 Accolade points?

Oh no, each new season or mid-season brings me more and more stress to finish all these accolades on my 8 characters. Even on my main characters, I didn't have finished it all, and seriously, I don't want to play hours in clusters on July.

935 points for FED (11 x [10+25+50] including B'Tran)
    510 points for KDF (5 x [10+25+50] including Azlesa)

And I'm sure that in the same time, they will also remove the defence accolades worth 765 points, as it is also an uninteresting old content (fighting 70 times low levels ships in each sector).

I think it's the good moment to bring back my old post :
    ilanis wrote: »
    The accolade system should be revamped entirely to my mind, because some accolades have been retired definitely and are unobtainable.
    It doesn't encourage newcomers to do it as they already lost many points and this difference will grow season after season, I can see it when comparing all my toons that lost accolade points just because there was an unexpected erase while i worked on other accolades, and creating a new toon is not a joy for acco hunter as the comparison to other characters leads to a demotivate.
    It is also a problem for the devs to reshape episodes and the system (duplicate accolades, needs to keep the same circumstance in missions to keep the same accolade...). Furthermore, you get completely mad when there is a temporary accolade (temporary event during your holiday far away from home, computer crash, etc...) or a change in the game. For example : When they said Mk X and Mk XI sets will be put off the reputation, I realized that 7 of my 8 toons didn't make them because they had many other things to do (more and more events, etc...), so I planned timing to get them all in time, but finally due to unexpected things, I didn't finish the Mk XI sets on all of them, loosing so 100p, the last day before s9, I spent the whole night (didn't sleep) chasing omega mark to get Mk X set on all of them. Because of LoR, two of my toons lost definitely "True Intentions" because I didn't know it will be removed. One of my Rom character still has the "Lobi Scavenger Hunt - Cold War" to do because of the bug on the last mission which was resolved the last day of the event, and since it's unobtainable with the new featured series event. You probably also have same problems on your toons.

On the other hand, people who worked hard on their accolades (even if their number will decrease : quit the game, etc...) don't want to loose what they spend time and energy to get.

So to my mind, here's what i think should be done to the actual system :
    * Accolade points should reflect the actual state of the game and denote the accomplishments and level of the character. Veterans and newcomers toons could reach the same maximum, so you can easily compare 2 players. There should be a real harmonisation between all factions (no duplicates like merits for romulans for example) and accolades in each episodes.
    * All accolades unobtainable or incompatible with the comparison system (even those from subscriber) would not be removed but transferred to Legacy points, subdivision of the accolade system. When you want to see acco points from someone, you'll see : "10920 (+250 legacy)". So, devs can easily remove things, create temporary accolades, etc...
    * Having a certain number of accolade points could give us some advantages :
    ** New titles every 1000 acco points threshold
    ** Colourized name options for devoted acco hunter : Your name is in white actually. Your name could be featured in green when you reach the 10k acco points, in blue when you reach the 15k acco points, in purple when you reach the 20k acco points... and in yellow/gold when you reach a certain Legacy points threshold.
    ** Exclusive costume options at each threshold on acco or legacy points.
    ** Other advantages (traits options, ...), that will lead to encourage people into chasing accolades
    * Every available accolade should be shown in the list, so as the maximum points ("15185/18800"). There should be hints for how to find hidden accolades.
    * Especially with the "New Accord", cross-faction teams should be authorized and a fed should be able to team up with a kdf on some episodes and get klingon specific accolade, as you guys already find ways to get some of them.
    Agreed.

The accolades in this game are getting more and more pointless trying to achieve when not everyone can get them all. I have previously suggested ways of bringing back retired accolades but those ideas were met with silence. My request to borticus was conveniently merged with the 80 page long thread discussing the broken STF tailor options and thus buried and forgotten.

I will make a final plead here and now to borticus or any other dev who happens to read this. PLEASE initiate a dialogue with us here in the accolade community. We have the will, motivation, ideas and energy to sort this mess out once and for all.

ilanis gave some very good suggestions in this post and I would suggest going so far as to move ALL current accolade points to a legacy status and then scrap the current system and start over from scratch.
    • Accolades should be real achievements, based on skill, grind and exploring your environment carefully. There are already several good examples of this in the game.
    • Accolades should not be rewarded for normal mission objectives that you have to complete to progress the mission in the first place.
    • Absolutely no random elements involved in any accolade. I can't stress this enough.
    • Extreme care should be taken when implementing any accolade so they'd never had to end up in a retired state. New players should have the same opportunities to collect all accolades as a player who has been here from the start.
    • And finally, do I have to express how I feel about monetization of accolades? The Khellid one gave me a real scare and I'm pleased to see Cryptic hasn't tried implementing anything similar since then.

I don't agree with every propositions as I think some accolades could be kept (kill, damages, some story and exploration, ...), rather than a complete restart.
    Accolades for normal missions should stay to my mind because otherwise, you can "ignore" many many missions (i would rather see accolades for every missions and PVE, implying that your character will pass through every story missions and PVE at least once)
    Random accolades could stay, as long as it can be reached in a few tries (starbase incursions, starbase defence requires hundred replays to get them all)
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2014

On Tribble the Clusters have already been removed but the started accolades are still in the log. I think, they will stay as unfinished like always....
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    We're working on a way to make these accolades completable under the new system of star clusters. Anyone who has completed the accolades won't lose them.

I personally also like to occasionally offer rewards tied to accolades, such as the Risian duty officers, which could only be requisitioned if you completed enough summer accolades. I make no promises, but I think it would be interesting to have some kind of reward that you can only access by completing certain star cluster accolades, or groups of them.

how ever it actually turns out is anyones guess, but this is the party line.
  • ravenofborgravenofborg Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The new Dev blog gives much hope! The accolades will be tied to Doff missions!
    edited July 2014
    Woohoo, they're tied to doff missions. Will be a lot easier to get but still a slog (but that's fine, I'm no where near done with mine)

Thank you for fixing this Cryptic People!