test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poor Brandon!!!

cmdrskipcmdrskip Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Hi Brandon, Boy to a feel for you right now....

All this **** you have to deal with you have my thanks for a stand up job that you do, While i hate the changes i understand and appreciate the job you do...

Good luck and i salute you sir ::Salutes:: :biggrin:

Skip
Original Forum Info
Name: Peewee28
Post edited by cmdrskip on

Comments

• cmdrskipcmdrskip Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi Brandon, Boy do I feel for you right now....

All this **** you have to deal with you have my thanks for a stand up job that you do, While i hate the changes i understand and appreciate the job you do...

Good luck and i salute you sir ::Salutes:: :biggrin:

Skip
    Original Forum Info
    Name: Peewee28
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah I agree! We don't envy your job Branflakes :smile:
  • canhazlockboxplzcanhazlockboxplz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Especially since JamJamz gets all the big bucks.

;)
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    LOL, JamJamz RockRocks!

But really Brandon, good luck with this one. That is, unless you haven't already put in for a transfer.

You held the REAL forums together throughout the gag-order, but I certainly don't envy you on this one.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Dont Worry Brandon We Got Your Back
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited June 2012
    Someone mind filling me in? What's going on?
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »
    Someone mind filling me in? What's going on?

They changed the forums and some people linked their accounts.... now it's the end of the world or something and we're all doomed because this forum change that has everyone so angry means the apocalypse is near and we have to panic and be all, like... angry and stuff.:rolleyes:
    Dont feel sorry for him he gets paid for doing his job, feel sorry for all the customers that have been with cryptic-forums that have been steamrolled into a forums system that was done half heartedly.
    edited June 2012
    So what does this have to do with Brandon?
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Agreed - let's not shoot the messenger people :)
  • lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I would NEVER shoot the messenger. Some day they might bring me a check.
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
    edited June 2012
    Seriously, what's going on? You're acting like Brandon left the company or something. Is that actually the case? WHAT!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I would NEVER shoot the messenger. Some day they might bring me a check.

You're supposed to shoot the messenger only after he delivered the message.

Or rather ,you're not supposed to shoot the messenger, but especial attention has to be given to not shooting him even if he has already delivered his message.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    defalus wrote: »
    They changed the forums and some people linked their accounts.... now it's the end of the world or something and we're all doomed because this forum change that has everyone so angry means the apocalypse is near and we have to panic and be all, like... angry and stuff.:rolleyes:

Just because people are angry about something doesn'T mean they think the apocalypse is near. It just means they are angry about something. Like losing their old posts and threads, losing their account name, some apparantly even losing all their in-game mail (can't check if that happened to me) or C-Points or whatever.

I think that are valid reasons to be angry, and they are not about blowing things out of proportion. (Well, some probably will do so, but most don't.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I frequent the site almost daily and enjoyed reading the good, the bad, and even the ugly. I'm not someone easily rattled by change, even if some of the changes come off as obsurd to me. Don't take the heat personally, Bran, its in our nature to feel uncomfortable with change.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think that are valid reasons to be angry, and they are not about blowing things out of proportion. (Well, some probably will do so, but most don't.)

I wholeheartedly agree with what you said and the point above that I quoted is the main reason why I posted what I did. I just think that some people to me at least, are taking things out of proportion.

Just wanted to say this so as not to appear unsympathetic to those that have a good reason to be angry.

I'm annoyed, but not as much as I've been in the past. I've been through Forum merges and stuff before, and it's never a smooth ride. I would however HOPE that some of the issues that've been raised so far (example: changing forum display names to something sensible, allowing personalisation of avatars, etc) would be listened to and acted upon.

Because as it stands, the current forum is a major step back in terms of functionality and user friendliness. Yes, we have a few more text formatting options, but it's become hard to tell who's doing the writing.

My frustration is firmly directed at whoever in PWE decided to push this through (apparently for the sake of "conformity") without first sorting out appropriate contingency measures and giving enough warning to the playerbase.

I am NOT angry at Cryptic, the Devs, or the forum moderators. Whoever has to read through all this nerdrage, mine included, has my pity. I just hope that the general strength of feeling is being communicated up (down?) the line to those who are truly responsible for this latest fiacso.
    [ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
  • wolvenshirewolvenshire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /agreed

glad I don't have his job today. :smile:
    @EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
    [
  • aveldraaveldra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just waiting on the guy to snap.:biggrin::eek:
  • rayquearayquea Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /agreed

He's in for a rough week once the weekend players hit the game
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    what are you guys talking about? this is clearly all his fault and he intended for it to be this much of a mess. the no unique avatars was his idea too! :wink:
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited June 2012
    Brandon, you have my sympathy. I've dealt with issues like this in the past, but nothing on this scale.

Maybe those of us who don't hold Brandon responsible for this abomination of a forum theme should send him something?
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • omniusexoromniusexor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    this forum should be renamed to "S*itstorm Collector"

worst forum change in history of the internet and the next 150 years.
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You're cool in my books Brawndo.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • darthpanda16darthpanda16 Member Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's got what plants crave!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just remember long ago when we were told we wouldn't see or be affected by any changes.
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2012
    Unless he knew this was coming and didn't warn anyone.

Then I don't feel sorry for him at all.

Who'm'I'kiddin? The guy gets paid to read and reply to forum posts; I don't feel sorry, I feel jealous.
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is not Brandon's fault.

And as soon as he takes off his horns, and ditches his pitchfork he'll tell you himself.

As a former, long time. moderator for VP (specializing in Harry Potter) I can tell you it will be rough for everyone for awhile. Every time a board is changed, it causes mass chaos. I saw it happen 5 or 6 times when I was doing HP.

Like most others here, I do not like the new boards. The older ones were much easier to read. But the changes were made and will most likely stay.

VP used to tell us that humans are very good at adapting, now is the time to show it.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I agree, I hate all these changes, but I doubt it was ALL Brandon's fault, I mean I dont think one man could make all these changes that no one likes.

Man, it seems everyone with the name Brandon just has a really tough life (thinking of RT Brandon)
  • admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    what are you guys talking about? this is clearly all his fault and he intended for it to be this much of a mess. the no unique avatars was his idea too! :wink:

Are you sure I thought that "sekalFnarB_EWP" was behind this.