test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,275 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Tara A: Depends on how you define okay... Physically, she's fine, but mentally and emotionally...

*She looks at Ebren.*

I've never seen her so totally broken down.

Oculus: There is something I can do about that but... No its too drastic.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    *OOC: Hold on, where did he get another ring from?*

OOC: Don't guys have their own rings? Pardon me if I don't know, never looked into marriage...:D
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    OOC: Don't guys have their own rings? Pardon me if I don't know, never looked into marriage...:D

OOC: Traditionally, only the woman in an engagement gets an engagement ring, while both get wedding rings.
    edited December 2014
    OOC: Traditionally, only the woman in an engagement gets an engagement ring, while both get wedding rings.

OOC: Gah! And there goes romanticism equal sexes. Let's re-do that, shall we?

Jean: It was a trick they played. I swear, Clara, I love you.

*He separates and takes her hand.*

Jean: You said yes to marrying me, right?
    edited December 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    Oculus: There is something I can do about that but... No its too drastic.

Tara A: What?
    edited December 2014
    OOC: Gah! And there goes romanticism equal sexes. Let's re-do that, shall we?

Jean: It was a trick they played. I swear, Clara, I love you.

*He separates and takes her hand.*

Jean: You said yes to marrying me, right?

Clara *hurt*: But you broke it off...
    edited December 2014
    Tara A: What?

Oculus: I can roll back her memory to before she was taken. She will forget everything that's happened after that. It would cure her but I don't know if its that great of an idea.
    edited December 2014
    Oculus: I can roll back her memory to before she was taken. She will forget everything that's happened after that. It would cure her but I don't know if its that great of an idea.

Tara A: We can't... Too much has happened to the rest of us because she was taken. If we took away her memory and she found out, she'd never forgive us.
    edited December 2014
    Clara *hurt*: But you broke it off...

*He blinks.*

Jean: I did. You're right.

*He backs up, and gets on one knee.*

Jean: I don't have a ring but...

*He takes her hand.*

Jean: Clara, my wonderful, smart, fiery Belle. Will you stay with me for all my life in this cruel universe?
    edited December 2014
    *He blinks.*

Jean: I did. You're right.

*He backs up, and gets on one knee.*

Jean: I don't have a ring but...

*He takes her hand.*

Jean: Clara, my wonderful, smart, fiery Belle. Will you stay with me for all my life in this cruel universe?

*Clara sighs, closing her eyes and swallowing indecisively.*
    edited December 2014
    *Clara sighs, closing her eyes and swallowing indecisively.*

*Jean's eyes widen, and he waits as still as stone.*
    edited December 2014
    *Jean's eyes widen, and he waits as still as stone.*

Clara *hurt, quietly*: It's too fresh...
    edited December 2014
    Tara A: We can't... Too much has happened to the rest of us because she was taken. If we took away her memory and she found out, she'd never forgive us.

Oculus: Which is why I thought it was too drastic. I don't have much experience with psychological problems sadly. Hmmm. *Thoughtfully* There is something else that could help. There is someone who could help but I haven't spoken with him in a long time. He might not even be alive anymore.
    edited December 2014
    Clara *hurt, quietly*: It's too fresh...

*Jean smiles, with glassy eyes.*

Jean: Okay. It's okay.

*He stands up.*

Jean: Are we still... together? Or do you want a break?

*He still has the glassy-eyed smile.*
    edited December 2014
    *Jean smiles, with glassy eyes.*

Jean: Okay. It's okay.

*He stands up.*

Jean: Are we still... together? Or do you want a break?

*He still has the glassy-eyed smile.*

*She stands up slowly and hugs him, not letting go.*

Clara: Tu es ma lune et les
    edited December 2014
    *She stands up slowly and hugs him, not letting go.*

Clara: Tu es ma lune et les
    edited December 2014
    Oculus: Which is why I thought it was too drastic. I don't have much experience with psychological problems sadly. Hmmm. *Thoughtfully* There is something else that could help. There is someone who could help but I haven't spoken with him in a long time. He might not even be alive anymore.

Tara A: Who?
    edited December 2014
    *Jean smiles, and hugs her back, the tears falling from his eyes.*

Jean: I love you...

OOC: ... D'WAAAAAAA!:D:P

*Clara kisses him on the neck.*

Clara: I love you too...
    edited December 2014
    Tara A: Who?

Oculus: He goes by the name of Ingenium. He was the one who gave me my name. Basically I'm sure you noticed that there are people in this universe with unique powers. Where those powers come from may differ such as those who draw from twilight and those who draw from solaris and luna. Most of us fit into one of three categories. Those who affect teh world physically like say making something explosive or creating ice or fire. Those who affect the mind like me. and finally those who deal with energy. Now of course there is some lee way between the different classes. Every single one is able to bend reality to "Port" Between locations and most are able to develop telepathy. Telekinesis primarily only develops in mind users. But anyway Ingenium is probably the most powerful person who is able to affect the mind. I'm sure you are aware of mind melds? He can do something far better than that and with it he could probably piece Clara's psyche back together.
    edited December 2014
    *Clara kisses him on the neck.*

Clara: I love you too...

*He smiles.*

Jean: Want to go do something out and about in the colony?
    edited December 2014
    Oculus: He goes by the name of Ingenium. He was the one who gave me my name. Basically I'm sure you noticed that there are people in this universe with unique powers. Where those powers come from may differ such as those who draw from twilight and those who draw from solaris and luna. Most of us fit into one of three categories. Those who affect teh world physically like say making something explosive or creating ice or fire. Those who affect the mind like me. and finally those who deal with energy. Now of course there is some lee way between the different classes. Every single one is able to bend reality to "Port" Between locations and most are able to develop telepathy. Telekinesis primarily only develops in mind users. But anyway Ingenium is probably the most powerful person who is able to affect the mind. I'm sure you are aware of mind melds? He can do something far better than that and with it he could probably piece Clara's psyche back together.

Tara A: It's not that her psyche's shattered... she's traumatised.

*OOC: By the way, I should probably explain how twilight works in more detail, since it's a little unfair to expect you to know the nuances of a plot device first introduced 2000 pages ago. ;)

Basically, there's another sub-dimension called the Veil which disperses Twilight energy throughout our dimension. Certain individuals contain a gene which allows them to manipulate this energy. The Veil isn't the only 'realm' where twilight existed, however. There was another called The Forge, home of the Shadows. These twilight users shed their physical forms and believed that order demanded total dominion of all life, using twilight to assert their agenda over others.

In the last Shadow War (20 years ago, about) the Shadows and Forge were destroyed when Sam delayed the destruction of a star just long enough for a Shadow Fleet to open a Portal to enter our dimension, placing themselves in the path of the supernova and causing it to destroy not just the solar system with all Shadows present, but also the Forge itself.

While I don't mind having other twilight forces, I just thought this might be helpful background to know.

Oh, also, twilight doesn't give telepathy. Tara A's telepathy and telekinesis comes from her status as a New-Type, a form of evolved human similar (though no where near as powerful) to Gary Mitchell.*
    edited December 2014
    *He smiles.*

Jean: Want to go do something out and about in the colony?

Clara: Can we go back inside?
    edited December 2014
    Clara: Can we go back inside?

*Jean tilts his head.*

Jean: Okay, sure.

*He walks inside with her.*
    edited December 2014
    Tara A: It's not that her psyche's shattered... she's traumatised.

*OOC: By the way, I should probably explain how twilight works in more detail, since it's a little unfair to expect you to know the nuances of a plot device first introduced 2000 pages ago. ;)

Basically, there's another sub-dimension called the Veil which disperses Twilight energy throughout our dimension. Certain individuals contain a gene which allows them to manipulate this energy. The Veil isn't the only 'realm' where twilight existed, however. There was another called The Forge, home of the Shadows. These twilight users shed their physical forms and believed that order demanded total dominion of all life, using twilight to assert their agenda over others.

In the last Shadow War (20 years ago, about) the Shadows and Forge were destroyed when Sam delayed the destruction of a star just long enough for a Shadow Fleet to open a Portal to enter our dimension, placing themselves in the path of the supernova and causing it to destroy not just the solar system with all Shadows present, but also the Forge itself.

While I don't mind having other twilight forces, I just thought this might be helpful background to know.

Oh, also, twilight doesn't give telepathy. Tara A's telepathy and telekinesis comes from her status as a New-Type, a form of evolved human similar (though no where near as powerful) to Gary Mitchell.

Oculus: Well do you really believe she is completely cured or do you have some doubt that her other personality might resurface? But anyway he could help calm her down. Otherwise I'd just suggest seeing a vulcan but they aren't always willing to offer their services in a mind meld.

OoC: Well Oculus himself only knows about where he and some others have obtained their powers from. The faceless people don't get their powers from twilight which is why they are interested in its users.
    edited December 2014
    *Jean tilts his head.*

Jean: Okay, sure.

*He walks inside with her.*

*They can hear the comm terminal chiming.*

Clara: Could you...?
    edited December 2014
    *They can hear the comm terminal chiming.*

Clara: Could you...?

Jean: Sure.

*He kisses her.*

Jean: You go relax.

*He walks over to the terminal and answers it.*
    edited December 2014
    Oculus: Well do you really believe she is completely cured or do you have some doubt that her other personality might resurface? But anyway he could help calm her down. Otherwise I'd just suggest seeing a vulcan but they aren't always willing to offer their services in a mind meld.

OoC: Well Oculus himself only knows about where he and some others have obtained their powers from. The faceless people don't get their powers from twilight which is why they are interested in its users.

*OOC: I know, just for future reference.*

Tara A: I think she'll be okay... She needs time.
    edited December 2014
    Jean: Sure.

*He kisses her.*

Jean: You go relax.

*He walks over to the terminal and answers it.*

*Doug appears, Chloe in the background.*

Doug: Sorry to call you like this, LeBeau, but it's important. It's about Kitty.
    edited December 2014
    *Doug appears, Chloe in the background.*

Doug: Sorry to call you like this, LeBeau, but it's important. It's about Kitty.

*Jean blinks.*

Jean: Why would I...? Nevermind. What's wrong?
    edited December 2014
    *Jean blinks.*

Jean: Why would I...? Nevermind. What's wrong?

Doug: Ever since you and Clara turned on her, she's been taking a lot more fights than usual - she's been picking more too. She isn't giving herself a break, not even to let herself recover from the previous fight...

I'm worried she's going to get herself killed.