test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release of Season Six

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
I would really like a dev or someone to tell me what the release date is, something more then just this Tribble testing by early June[1]. Release is tentative for mid-June. What do you mean by mid-June, the 12, the 15th? Come on give us a number its only fair....
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    14, or 21. I would bet 21.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    There is no way that season 6 is going to realese in june, they already said that season 6 is going on trible maybe on june. So realese date is going to be in july or maybe even august.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    hrci2907 wrote:
    There is no way that season 6 is going to realese in june, they already said that season 6 is going on trible maybe on june. So realese date is going to be in july or maybe even august.

Tribble testing by early June[1]. Release is tentative for mid-June.

Yeah, if they ment it for July or August they would say that....

to further prove my point, please look at this http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ootarion wrote:

to further prove my point, please look at this http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content

You're asking for a release date but you won't get one until Cryptic are ready to share it. So it's utterly pointless asking here.

And I wouldn't trust STOWIKI as a definitive source of information. I contribute to it and it's useful 99% of the time, but the "upcoming content" section has absolutely no authority to it.

So basically you'll find out when everyone else does.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ootarion wrote:
    I would really like a dev or someone to tell me what the release date is, something more then just this Tribble testing by early June[1]. Release is tentative for mid-June. What do you mean by mid-June, the 12, the 15th? Come on give us a number its only fair....

none of us know a date so we cant say. the devs might not even know yet as it could depend on exactly where they are with finishing up and how long the testing takes.

it was originally aimed for around mid june as a tentative date but we are now in mid june so there have already been delays. even if they gave us their best guess right now, there is no guarantee they can hit it.

the last thing we heard was tribble sometime in june, so release in july seems the likely outcome now baring further problems.

when they have a firm date or window they will tell us all.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Since Heretic and Gozer are telling us, several not-so-unimportant details are not hammered out yet, I would bet my complete supply of 21 green Ferengi Lockboxes that Season 6 won't hit Holodeck on June 14th, which is in two days. Anything else I can say here is pure speculation.

Speculation: Being a software developer myself from what the devs tell us on the forums I get the impression that we won't see Season 6 on Holodeck in June. Maybe on Tribble with somewhat reduced functionality and numbers that are not final, but certainly not on Holodeck.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    There is no way that season 6 will hit in 2 days and there is no way tha will hit in june!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ootarion wrote:

True, but the Dev's make a point of saying that all dates are subject to change, there's no way to know with absolute certainty when something will release, especially if the Tribble testing turns up some big bugs that may push the release date back. In fact, I think I remember that happening with Series 2 or 3's release
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    warduke73 wrote: »
    14, or 21. I would bet 21.

Sorry. Seeing this post with your sig caused me to chuckle. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Season 6 could release to tribble some time in June, but I expect July or August for the release date depending on how much content there is.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Cryptic are always late with their seasons, it most likely release sometime this month onto tribble.

Then about about a month from that date it will be released to holodeck ignoring all feedback given, and with a barrel load of brand new and exsisting game breaking bugs....

You know it'll happen ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    We have not announced the date yet :) When we do, you'll definitely know :D It will be in the launcher, on the site, etc. Look for more Season 6 content to be available to test on Tribble soon, too.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    We have not announced the date yet :) When we do, you'll definitely know :D It will be in the launcher, on the site, etc. Look for more Season 6 content to be available to test on Tribble soon, too.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

LoL ...

I'd love to say a thing or two about this post... but I'll let slide....

(It almost feels like yer clone posted that) :D

(you forgot the ™ after Soon) :p
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Walshicus wrote:
    And I wouldn't trust STOWIKI as a definitive source of information. I contribute to it and it's useful 99% of the time, but the "upcoming content" section has absolutely no authority to it.

So basically you'll find out when everyone else does.

As every single item is sourced, the upcoming content has as much authority as the dev who said it when he or she said it.

As for official steps that have been taken:
    May 23 - The first Season 6 Dev Blog is put on website
    May 23 - First update to Tribble with Season 6 events, No Win Scenario and Colony Invasion
    June 6 - STO launcher updated with "Season 6: Under Siege -- Coming Soon" (close enough to advertise, not soon enough to put an exact date)
    June 7 - Massive Foundry update for Season 6
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I take the whole idea of:

Season 6 on Tribble (Early June)
    Season 6 on Holodeck (Mid-to-late June)

kinda went out the airlock, then? (not that i'm surprised, Cryptic's never been good at sticking to a schedule)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Keep it in development for as long as possible. As it is, it will ship with incomplete features (minimal customization, no pvp etc)
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Obvious statement is obvious. Very obvious.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Its driving me nuts now,repeating the same old missions and patrols. Its getting boring.
    How much longer do we wait until season 6 under siege is here?????????
    Also, will future seasons be here alot quicker????
    Does anyone know. ?????
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yes someone does know
    but he will only post broad hints
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    All I can hear is Bart Simpson's voice:

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
  • Options
    edited June 2012

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

If You don't pack it in they will turn this game around and we will never get there
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Let me ask my magic 8 ball...

It says you may rely on it. Does that help?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    As it seems to not be on the Testserver currently... I would guess it is at least 1 Month till we hear from it.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    going on tribble in next three weeks
    main servers after that
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    EVERYBODY CHILL THE F%^&% OUT I GOT THIS!!

Your answer is... SOON tm.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    there is a small amount on tribble now. the rest should be on tribble over the next 3 weeks and then however long it gets for testing. probably another couple of weeks after that.

no one knows how long future seasons will take as they are all different sizes and have different things going on. not even the devs will know yet.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

This is STO you're going to have to learn to be patient with updates. Some of the new stuff is on tribble/red shirt but I don't bother testing till the tribble rewards are anounced.

In the mean time I'm grinding dil/doffs & still points because I know that's what season 6 will require to get the cool new stuff. So that's my advice for now, grind everything so when season 6 shows up you can help your fleet advance faster the the rest.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Regardless of what has been said so far:

I hope we don't see it till it is done.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

This is STO you're going to have to learn to be patient with updates. Some of the new stuff is on tribble/red shirt but I don't bother testing till the tribble rewards are anounced.

In the mean time I'm grinding dil/doffs & still points because I know that's what season 6 will require to get the cool new stuff. So that's my advice for now, grind everything so when season 6 shows up you can help your fleet advance faster the the rest.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=4261337#post4261337
    (5:09:50 PM) dstahl: Season 6 will be posted to TRIBBLE over the next 3 weeks... release to HOLODECK IN JULY